What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am proud of our team.

DC_fan

Coach
Yes the Bulldogs beat us, we lost our chance get that elusive 21st premiership. But I am happy and proud of what our team did this season.

We are a team on the rise. Regardless of what we did this year 2013 was always going to be the year. So come on next season.

hunters

Juniors
Yeah great year. I'm sure in anyone's pre season estimates, 3rd place and one game from the grand final would be an 'A' grade.

Congrats to Bulldogs and Melbourne. Keep our trophy clean and safe for the year please.

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors
I reckon we did ok this season and hope to build on that next year. Glory, glory to South Sydney!

Yep, me too. For once we played to our potential and finished the season in the top four which is where we belonged.You can't ask for more than that. Next year should be even better. With the addition of Teo, we'll be an even better side and now with finals experience under their belts the boys will know whats required come September 2013.

WE ARE ON THE RISE!

Juniors
Looking forward to having Teo join the ranks, throw in a centre and who knows.

I'm expecting big things from George and maybe Tom.

Bumble

First Grade
The positives:

1. I can sell my Grand Final tickets, that's a nice cash injection.

2. Taylor and (hopefully) Crocker gone, to be replaced with Te'o and Lima.

3. We didn't look like deer in the headlights last night. We were well in that game until Reynolds was hurt.

4. We finished higher than Illawarra and the Roosters.

----

Hopefully we sign one or two centres for next year, because we are stacked at every other position. This is not the end. It's just the beginning.

Big Sam

First Grade
I too am immensely proud of our team this year. We've proven that we're now a major force and we will win a premiership in the next few seasons.

It was terrible luck for Reyno and unfortunately we'll now never know what could have been last night.

Good riddance to Taylor. The way Eastwood ran straight through him was embarrassing. Teo is a superior defender and unlike Taylor, willing to role up his sleeves and play prop.

Massive thanks too for Eddy P and Scott Geddes for their magnificent contributions over the past 7 and 11 seasons respectively.

Noa

First Grade
Alot too look forward to next year for Souths. Storm v Souths is my very early tip to play in next years GF, I think theyll both be better 17's next year.

- Teo will give the side a much harder edge then marshmallow Taylor. Teo line running will be a big help to the game of Reynolds as well
- Keary has to come in. Will make Inglis job alot easier having a true ball player at 6.
- Farrell will come into his own next year.
- George Burgess will make a huge impact in 13
- Personally I wouldnt re-sign Crocker

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. ?
4. Farrell
5. Evringham
6. Keary
7. Reynolds

13. Sutton
12. Teo
11. Burgess
10. Lima
09. luke
08. Asotasi

14. Mcqueen
15. G. Burgess
16. Tyrell
17. Peats/Clarke

Alot to like about that team, especailly if they can find a center to replace King who might be finished

Galeforce

Bench
I too am immensely proud of our team this year. We've proven that we're now a major force and we will win a premiership in the next few seasons.

It was terrible luck for Reyno and unfortunately we'll now never know what could have been last night.

Good riddance to Taylor. The way Eastwood ran straight through him was embarrassing. Teo is a superior defender and unlike Taylor, willing to role up his sleeves and play prop.

Massive thanks too for Eddy P and Scott Geddes for their magnificent contributions over the past 7 and 11 seasons respectively.

agree

BranVan3000

Coach
Alot too look forward to next year for Souths. Storm v Souths is my very early tip to play in next years GF, I think theyll both be better 17's next year.

- Teo will give the side a much harder edge then marshmallow Taylor. Teo line running will be a big help to the game of Reynolds as well
- Keary has to come in. Will make Inglis job alot easier having a true ball player at 6.
- Farrell will come into his own next year.
- George Burgess will make a huge impact in 13
- Personally I wouldnt re-sign Crocker

1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. ?
4. Farrell
5. Evringham
6. Keary
7. Reynolds

13. Sutton
12. Teo
11. Burgess
10. Lima
09. luke
08. Asotasi

14. Mcqueen
15. G. Burgess
16. Tyrell
17. Peats/Clarke

Alot to like about that team, especailly if they can find a center to replace King who might be finished
I agree

I think Everingham will bulk up a bit and may find his future in the centers, then have Hunt on the wing. Really very little choice though.

Agree completely about Crocker. And we should only hold on to Matty King for depth.

L Burgess will make the bench in front of Tyrell. I expect Lowe to surprise a few, he will do better after a strong weights/bulking programme in the off season. He has looked very thin this year. I think McQueen will struggle to retain a spot

BunniesMan

Immortal
Also very proud of the boys. They had a fantastic year to come so close and 2013 looks to be very exciting.

And if the rumours are true Ayshford might be one of our centers next year.

RabbitForever

Juniors
Every Rabbitoh supporter will be proud of our team this year.
Thanks to Geddes (red and green blood) and Taylor for great input this year.
Agree, Crocker's time way past use by date.
I will be disappointed to see him resigned for 2013.

RabbitForever

Juniors
1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. MAYBE BLAKE AYSHFORD
4. Farrell
5. Evringham
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
MAYBE SANDOR EARL ADDITION TO BACKS IF RUMORS HOLD UP

13. Sutton
12. Teo
11. Burgess
10. Lima
09. luke
08. Asotasi
PLEASE NO MICHAEL CROCKER

14. Mcqueen
15. G. Burgess
16. Tyrell
17. Peats/Clarke

RedVDave

First Grade
Hey guys, just thought I'd congratulate you on what I thought was a successful season for you guys. I don't think last nights scoreline reflected just how well and how hard you fought, I especially take my hat off to Luke & Inglis I thought they inparticular were sensational last night and had of Reynolds stayed on very well could have been a different result.

Great season.

I got to spend quality time with my 3 year old son who is now a RL obsessive thanks to the footy cards in the Daily Telegraph. He knows the words to Glory, Glory South Sydney. He pestered me to go all the way up to the Manly game in wet and wind. He spends half his day hugging a Souths footy and asking to talk about the games we've seen all year. Adores Matt King, Nathan Merritt and Andrew Everingham.

And he doesn't care (yet) about results, just loves going to the footy.

He has made me a better man.

Quote of the year : Have Souths always won dad? {{ FMD I laughed long and hard, as did my father-in-law - a Souths convert and member now}}.

For mine:
Nathan Merritt 200 games.
Andrew Everingham - the fairy tale from outta no-where player.
Few injuries, 16 wins and 8 losses - with a couple of those losses genuine tight games - Cronulla, the Perth Brisbane game, Melbourne in patches and Roosters.
A coach who speaks well, has a clear directive and players reading from the same song sheet.

And finally, in 2009, Saints topped the table and went out in straight sets. Then won it in 2010. And Melbourne Storm, despite what people say, have built their side and spent 2003-2005 growing and making Top 8. Then had 4 successive Grand Finals - missed 2010 when busted, bounced back in 2011 and in the GF again in 2012. The Dogs always bounce back, and again in another GF. Souths should aspire to build on this season, build on a winning culture and have a tilt for a title or two or three...

Anyway...it's always a ride with Souths. 2012 was a f***ing great ride. See you next year!

chelseabree

Juniors
That's just lovely. I have a fellow teacher at school who has a 4 year old and he thinks Souths always wins more than they lose. Anyway I have been a supporter for 40 years and this year was the best for me.

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors

Sam, i wasn't gonna say it again but, i am on record here giving my thoughts on Taylor early on in the season.Someone here started a thread comparing Taylor to McCarthy and that made my blood boil.I saw Bob play and to me that comparison was nothing more than an insult to the great man.
I agree with you 100% mate and we will definitely improve with Teo as he IS a worker and a COMPETITIVE bloke.
Taylor has lots of potential but i think people will still be saying that at the end of his career...........he can't deliver in big games!