What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I boughtt....

Dogs Of War

Coach
Simo said:
If you want simple fun with a few mates whilst your on the turps that could have probably been done with a commodore 64 buy Fuzion Frenzy and play the 'Twisted system' game!

It has simple graphics and gameplay but man it can be fun.

All you do is either press jump or duck depending on what comes around at you and it eventually gets faster and faster until its crazy and the last man standing wins. Sounds simple and boring but its deceptively fun and it only costs about $30 bucks i think.

Rent this game, and return 1 hour later to video shop. Rocky's pretty cool as far as boxing games go. Never tire of the Rocky theme as you enter the ring and it's pretty damn hard on the highest levels, plus all of ROckys opponents are their! MR T, Apollo Creed, Tommy Gunn...

Simo

First Grade
Dogs of War am i to assume you didnt like it :shock: :shock:

You mean you didnt enjoy Twisted System for at least an hour and a half!!!

Rocky, ive seen that but never had the chance to play it. Does it uses voices from the movies?

Like does Clubba Lang say 'You ready for another beating, you should of never came back' (visualise in your best Mr T voice)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just the announcer. Heaps of different venues, and you fight through the movies, so its like 3 fights for Rocky I, etc, with training sequence in between, about 20 fights to complete the all the movies. The highest difficulty level can be pretty challenging. On par with Knockout Kings, but added bonus is the fact that it is rocky!

devonuto

Juniors
Simo said:
Well of course the Xbox will be obselete in a few years when the PS3 comes out!!!

And then guess what, the PS3 will be made obselete by the XBOX2!!

And then that will be made obselete by PS4 and so on and so on....What a strange comment from a programmer!

I meant that because there will always be a Playstation just around the corner that's bigger and better, there's no point buying an X-Box. By the time the games are made to really stretch the limits of the X-Box ('cos they're nowhere near it) the PS3 will be out... so I'll keep my money instead of further supporting the microsoft machine.

Simo

First Grade
devonuto said:
Simo said:
Well of course the Xbox will be obselete in a few years when the PS3 comes out!!!

And then guess what, the PS3 will be made obselete by the XBOX2!!

And then that will be made obselete by PS4 and so on and so on....What a strange comment from a programmer!

I meant that because there will always be a Playstation just around the corner that's bigger and better, there's no point buying an X-Box. By the time the games are made to really stretch the limits of the X-Box ('cos they're nowhere near it) the PS3 will be out... so I'll keep my money instead of further supporting the microsoft machine.

But couldnt you apply the same logic to the X-Box??

When the PS3 comes out developers will know how to get the most out of the X-Box but not the PS3??

BTW what sort of corners do you mean microsoft cut? Are you a third party programmer?

Great news moffo u wont regret it!!

But if u really wanna see what the xbox can do get some xbox only games, meaning they were made just for xbox so they have much better graphixs than the competion ....I recomend HALO!, Midtown Madness 3 (much better than midnight club), Star wars KOTOR, Buffy, Ralisport challenge, and Unreal champianship.

Some great games comming out before years end include

Project gotham 2
Topspin Tennis
counter strike
Rainbow 6
Jedi knight 3
True Crime
Sonic 3

ohh and I hear there is some rugby league games comming too..:)

incredible_holc

Juniors
yeh i will

still play all the games today

and they actually look and sound fun to play instead of sounding at home in a nerd fest

tcalvert7

Juniors
i think that the superior quality of the xbox can be seen when splinter cell is compared. on ps2 its no where near as good graphics as xbox. the next splinter cell and probably just about all games made for the next 2 years will have better graphics than ps2 because ps2 has just about reached its peak. xbox isnt even close to peaking.

Moffo

Referee
guy at EB said that the XBOX is 1.5 yrs newer then the PS2. He said that it was heaps better overall, sort of influenced me :lol:

He also said that he thinks that both the XBOX and PS2 will bring out a new machine in 2005. But is the XBOX not upgradeable? I dunno, im out of the loop a little, been a while since ive followed the consoles

Thanks for all the tips guys and guyesses, its been good to read

Midnight Club II is awesome!

And dont worry Dogs of War, ill be adding a golf game to my stable very soon :D whens it come out? Also need an adventure game like matrix or finding nemo? Any thoughts on them?

Cheers,
Moffo

devonuto

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
if u really wanna see what the xbox can do get some xbox only games, meaning they were made just for xbox so they have much better graphixs than the competion ....I recomend HALO!, Midtown Madness 3 (much better than midnight club), Star wars KOTOR, Buffy, Ralisport challenge, and Unreal champianship.

Sorry buddy, still not pushing the limits... just 'cos they're X Box only doesn't mean they are to the extreme. Even the PS2 which is a fair bit older can handle a lot more than the games out now test the system with.

Simo said:

When the PS3 comes out developers will know how to get the most out of the X-Box but not the PS3??

BTW what sort of corners do you mean microsoft cut? Are you a third party programmer?

you don't seem to be listening, or reading if you will... microsoft are muscling out the litte blokes in the field and don't deserve such support. I'm not denying the X Box is, a more superior machine to the current PS2, but the advantages of owning one with the games produced for these consioles is still not pushing the limits, why bother... obviously you are taking it personally because you forked out the bucks to buy an X Box, but in the real world, the more the X Box gives you, is not worth the price of a whole new console.

I spend a hell of a lot of hours implementing non-microsift programs to run in the VR enviromnent which microsoft provide with their software, namely windows, and they don't exactly make it easy. They also recycle a hell of a lot of code. Why do you think windows and IE crash so often, they cut and paste way too much.

BTW What the F'k is a third part programmer?????

Dogs Of War

Coach
sheep said:
There are to many gay fanboys in these forums!

Seconded. Had both systems, sold my ps2 (as I got sick of the games, generally found I prefered the Xbox version to the ps2 version, plus you can have your own music play in the background on xbox games!!!). THeir are a few games I'd like to have if I still had a PS2 (ie the new cricket game that's coming out), but I'm sure it works both ways.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
incredible_holc said:
yeh i will

still play all the games today

and they actually look and sound fun to play instead of sounding at home in a nerd fest

That doesnt make sense, but both sound and graphics are better on XBOX so i dont know what you are talking about.

And yes, compare Splinter Cell on both consoles and then see what you think.

incredible_holc

Juniors
HALO!, Midtown Madness 3 (much better than midnight club), Star wars KOTOR, Buffy, Ralisport challenge, and Unreal champianship.

Some great games comming out before years end include

Project gotham 2
Topspin Tennis
counter strike
Rainbow 6
Jedi knight 3
True Crime
Sonic 3

from the sounds of things the average Xbox gamer looks like this

240x320.jpg

nerd-demo.gif

Simo

First Grade
devonuto said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
if u really wanna see what the xbox can do get some xbox only games, meaning they were made just for xbox so they have much better graphixs than the competion ....I recomend HALO!, Midtown Madness 3 (much better than midnight club), Star wars KOTOR, Buffy, Ralisport challenge, and Unreal champianship.

Sorry buddy, still not pushing the limits... just 'cos they're X Box only doesn't mean they are to the extreme. Even the PS2 which is a fair bit older can handle a lot more than the games out now test the system with.

Simo said:

you don't seem to be listening, or reading if you will... microsoft are muscling out the litte blokes in the field and don't deserve such support. I'm not denying the X Box is, a more superior machine to the current PS2, but the advantages of owning one with the games produced for these consioles is still not pushing the limits, why bother... obviously you are taking it personally because you forked out the bucks to buy an X Box, but in the real world, the more the X Box gives you, is not worth the price of a whole new console.

I spend a hell of a lot of hours implementing non-microsift programs to run in the VR enviromnent which microsoft provide with their software, namely windows, and they don't exactly make it easy. They also recycle a hell of a lot of code. Why do you think windows and IE crash so often, they cut and paste way too much.

BTW What the F'k is a third part programmer?????

Im listening just fine thanks, you orignally said that PS3 will make the Xbox obsolete and i said of course it will and that cycle will keep going.

Then you said:

Which is just about the exact same thing: WHen the PS3 comes out it will be better than the Xbox 1. Again of course it will be, and then the Xbox2 comes out, then PS4 etc etc.... It seems you are not listening.

So your point you seem to have now is that microsoft are taking out the little guys and there windows software is not great.

A third party programmer is someone who makes programs for say Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo but are not employed by Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.

HES making this game for example. A first party programmer would create for example Mario kart for Nintendo.

I believe you seem to have some personal issues with microsoft not me, so rather than keep going around in cricles ill just say good luck with your programming and we can agree to disagree.

Simo

hybrid_tiger

Coach
incredible_holc said:
i dont want to play splinter cell

doesnt interest me one little bit

You obviously have no taste in games then.

And even if you dont play it, watch it on both systems to see how much XBOX graphics sh!t on PS2.

Hope you enjoy!

:D