What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Think Usman may have pissed off a few people in the CA hierarchy and his papers are as good as marked no matter how many runs he makes from here. Bit like Stuey Law back in the day.... Rubbed Tugga the wrong way, hence he never added to his lone Test appearance....
How can you rub Tugga the wrong way? Just tug FFS!

Incorrect

Coach
Think Usman may have pissed off a few people in the CA hierarchy and his papers are as good as marked no matter how many runs he makes from here. Bit like Stuey Law back in the day.... Rubbed Tugga the wrong way, hence he never added to his lone Test appearance....
Shows how much I know.... Khawaja has been named in the 15-man Ashes squad... Good on him (and the selectors)

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not many surprises in that squad.

I think the number 5 position is the only one that hasn't been decided.

Personally i would have Jhye Richardson in ahead of Starc who is a liability these days. I cant remember in the last 3 years that he has been any good plus i reckon warnie is right starc's body language a lot of time is shit.

But selectors will go with the usual 4 bowlers.

Incorrect

Coach
Not many surprises in that squad.

I think the number 5 position is the only one that hasn't been decided.

Personally i would have Jhye Richardson in ahead of Starc who is a liability these days. I cant remember in the last 3 years that he has been any good plus i reckon warnie is right starc's body language a lot of time is shit.

But selectors will go with the usual 4 bowlers.
Yeah Starc is cooked. If he's no longer effective with the white ball, he's going to be less so with a red ball. They're already talking about rotating the Quicks throughout the series...I can see Starc being rotated after the first or second test and not making it back from there...

Sime_11

Juniors
Starc & Paine both will (and should) be farewelled - Paine did his job as Cap in winning the Ashes - time to move him on and bring Alex Carey in.

Khawaja surely gets first crack instead of Harris....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
the Tasmaniac has already said Harris deserves "a go" although I have no idea why
This isn’t meant to be a make a wish foundation this is meant to be test cricket. Actually it’s even more important it’s the ashes. And we already have a make a wish patient in Paine is he should of been tapped after last summer’s embarrassment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This isn’t meant to be a make a wish foundation this is meant to be test cricket. Actually it’s even more important it’s the ashes. And we already have a make a wish patient in Paine is he should of been tapped after last summer’s embarrassment.

I was referring to the other Tasmaniac, being Bailey the selector, although I see how they could easily be mistaken for one another

King-Gutho94

Coach
Both should be nowhere near the aussie set up.
What about our skipper not requiring a shield game before the Ashes coming back from injury. So he is just going to rock up to the Gabba and everything is all sweet. How do we know he is capable of getting through and playing a test match.

If Australia dont win the Ashes it will be more humiliating then last summer.

We have 3 very capable keepers currently in Carey, Inglis and Jimmy Pierson that have already overtaken him. Any one of those could do the job.

Paine should have been tapped last summer his tactics are genuinely poor and his DRS use is horrendous. We are still paying for sandpaper gate as Australian cricket feels like it owes paine for steering a sinking ship.

Gazzamatta

Coach
What about our skipper not requiring a shield game before the Ashes coming back from injury. So he is just going to rock up to the Gabba and everything is all sweet. How do we know he is capable of getting through and playing a test match.

If Australia dont win the Ashes it will be more humiliating then last summer.

We have 3 very capable keepers currently in Carey, Inglis and Jimmy Pierson that have already overtaken him. Any one of those could do the job.

Paine should have been tapped last summer his tactics are genuinely poor and his DRS use is horrendous. We are still paying for sandpaper gate as Australian cricket feels like it owes paine for steering a sinking ship.
Sounds like the BA rhetoric offered by all and sundry because he saved us during the salary cap scandal.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

and Phillipe

I'm a bit surprised Paine is still skipper but traditionally when have we ever sacked a skipper ?

we always let them retire when they are ready, I think we should be a bit more ruthless