What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Gave Greg Pierce My Season Tickets...

Mr. Shark

Juniors
I gave Greg Pierce my (3) season tickets in the players tunnel straight after full-time.

I don't want to be anywhere near Shark Park in a fortnight when we lose to the Raiders.

I will not be renewing my tickets next year: UNLESS CHANGES IN THE "FRONT OFFICE" AND COACHING STAFF ARE MADE. I don't blame the players. I blame those who put them on the park to play as they have done this year.

I even called a radio station - for the first time - to vent my frustration.

What the club has is simply not good enough.

The club will only see my money when competence, professionalism and winning is demonstrated.

Cheers.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well Mr. Shark you stuck to your guns which I respect.

I feel the same way. Haven't gone to a game in weeks and will not be going till changes are made.

roboshark

Coach
Mr. Shark said:
I gave Greg Pierce my (3) season tickets in the players tunnel straight after full-time.

I don't want to be anywhere near Shark Park in a fortnight when we lose to the Raiders.

I will not be renewing my tickets next year: UNLESS CHANGES IN THE "FRONT OFFICE" AND COACHING STAFF ARE MADE. I don't blame the players. I blame those who put them on the park to play as they have done this year.

The club will only see my money when competence, professionalism and winning is demonstrated.

Cheers.

this amazes me about sharks supporters- noone ever rings the radio and vents like other supporters-eels and dragons in particular. I guess its the medocrity that we accept and let it slide.

i have done it a couple of times this year but after 8 losses you would think that supporters would be doing this- i bet none do.

well done mr shark

Dave Q

Coach
Mr. Shark said:

Cheers.

I heard you buddy. You came across well but please take it easy mate.

Inferno

Coach
Did you just drop them to him or did you explain why you gave them to him?

Fingers crossed though we make the changes you seek mate.

roboshark

Coach
King of the Hill said:
I heard that call, good call

For once Sharks fans were actually ringing 2GB en masse and complaining

really??? what was being said koth- we dont get 2gb in newie

RK

First Grade
Can I ask why everyone is blaming the front office and coaching staff???

Mr. Shark

Juniors
I called out to him as he was walking towards the sheds.

To give him credit, he came across when he saw my outstretched arm.

All I manged to say as I passed the tickets over was "I won't be needing these and I won't be buying anymore" before he quickly turned and walked away.

He was shaking his head as he walked into the tunnel.

I actually believe his is trying...and wish him luck. It's time like these that a "CEO" earns his money and earns his reputation. Anyone can look good when the results are positive. It's the ability to influence and lead when times are tough that count. Decisions need to be made.

And I'm okay....apart from initially embarrasing my kids as I called 2GB! We all had a good laugh at the end of it all. Not sure what the wife will make of it though!

But something has to be done - I encourage you all to make your frustrations known- firmly and politely. Enoughs enough.

roboshark

Coach
RaiderKate said:

because they are imbeciles- and thats being kind

they are also ruining our great club!!!

RK

First Grade
roboshark said:
because they are imbeciles- and thats being kind

they are also ruining our great club!!!

Fair enough.

But the players were to blame tonight as well!!!

PJ

First Grade

Nepotism and cronyism leading to group think and an environment where near enough is praised and initiative, creativity and ambition are all non-existent.

The last 5 years has seen 3 coaches and numerous new players. Problem goes deep and none of these changes has had any positive effect, with the club and team in a far worse position.

By process of elimination if you have changed everything else with no effect it is time to change the one constant. Semior Management.

SadShark

Bench
Dark days are drawing near. Mark my words, lack of fans $ will bring this club to its knees and it's all to the clubs own doing. You can see it coming.

Have they learned nothing since the demise of the North Sydney Bears?

PJ

First Grade
Yes sad, a few of us were saying much the same when Roper was appointed.

If we miss the spoon next year it will be a miracle. ONly real chance I see for avoiding it is Canberra.

Club needs to be very firm and show that things are changing where it is needed, the front office, to give us some chance at getting a decent recruitment drive next year otherwise it will be a long lingering in the cellar.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
RaiderKate said:
Fair enough.

But the players were to blame tonight as well!!!

I suggest you read the last 2 months of threads before proffering what is really an opinion based on ignorance of what has been going on.

Players bring talent, ability, skill and potential to a club. The end result of what is done with those tools is down to the coaches and the people running the club.

Old cliches like the coach doesn't miss tackles or drop balls are not relevant to the Sharks when the coaches continually send the team out armed with kindergarten tactics, prehistoric ideas and favoured, out of form players which lend themselves to de-skilling footballers.

No team with the quality playing personnel that are available to the Sharks should lose 8 games on the trot. No team should be sent out onto the football field with the same tired, limp non functioning systems and the same ineffective players after 2 or 3 losses.

The on field problems are easy for all to see. The fact that the players are not being guided out of the slump via appropriate selections, tactics, innovations and people skills are down only to the board and the coaches.

Period!