What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i gota say, lockyers class shined through 2nite

Yeah just reckon he had class with most of what he did tonight. All his grubbers were shocking but his cut outs, bombs, and most of his decisions (aka slaters try) just made me glad he was back. What were u fellas thoughts on his performance?

Eddie.

Bench
Anyone think he cut prince out a bit??

I think they could of combined a bit better.

Still he is a bloody class act.

Macca

Coach
I gotta say. Lockyer was over shadowed by alot of other guys in the Qld side. He may have been the glue that kept the side together but he wasn't the reason you won.

woodgers

Bench
Big fan of Lockyer. Didn't think he did anything special tonight. The kick for Slater was a set move that I could have put through.

I would have to say Fittler was better just on his first half alone.

I would prefer Lockyer though.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Lockyer was one of Qlds best, he out played filter. He was way more involved and without him Qld definately wouldn't have won. He was involved in 3 tries and he was the sole reason they were able to go wide. On ever single play when they went wide he directed them out there and threw the pass. He completely drove Qld's attack.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Lockyer was one of Qlds best, he out played filter. He was way more involved and without him Qld definately wouldn't have won. He was involved in 3 tries and he was the sole reason they were able to go wide. On ever single play when they went wide he directed them out there and threw the pass. He completely drove Qld's attack.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I thought he had a very good game like Fittler without being 10/10. In the first half, NSW had all the possession and their forwards dominated and because of that Freddy was much more influential in the first half. In the second half though, QLD got mroe possession and dominated up front and as a result Lockyer dominated more. He will be disappointed with a few aspects of his game though such as the grubbers and a few passes that went along the ground (albeit one luckily led to a try).

Bottom line is, the QLD backs took their opportunites more so than the NSW backs. i.e. Slater capitalised on Locky's grubber whereas Rooney didnt from Freddy's offload. Had NSW capitalised i think we'd be talking about how well Freddy played because there was a stuck match between both of them - either way.

miccle

Bench
Lockyer was very solid. Wasn't as outstanding or spectacular as guys like Slater, but he was just involved so much! Great passing and pretty good kicking game... an 8.5/10 performance - not bad really when you think he has only played one match since his injury! He's all class.

JK

He was what Qld needed though. Always stepping up in attack and directing the go forward they desperately needed.