What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I guess Paul Sheehan isn't a Sharks fan

TheShiftyShark

Juniors
The Titans and Bailey admitted Laffranchi probably should'nt have come back on the field.

If a player injures his ribs and then comes back on, you think the opposition isn't going to go the ribs? If your sporting an injury, expect to be targeted. If your going to complain about being targeted then think twice before you decide to return to the field.

"In rugby league, players are routinely given a facial as they lie pinned to the ground, and often an elbow pressed into the head."

Well there you go you clown. It happens all the time. Gallen was just a bit more clinical when he probably could have achieved the same result with the routine procedure.

The team's principle sponsors, LG Electronics and Toyota, have said nothing public about Gallen remaining as club captain.

Did'nt realise the sponsors got to appoint the captain. They have'nt said anything cause they don't give a sh*t. Whats happened isn't a big deal.

There is something rotten inside the culture of a club that has lurched through financial crises, internal divisions and not won a premiership in 40 years of trying, since it joined the competition in 1967, the worst record in the premiership.

Thats just and out and out dig and pretty much sums up the angle of his whole article. Why did he bother padding out the rest of the article? He could have got straight to his point.

Paul Sheehan said:
The team's principle sponsors, LG Electronics and Toyota, have said nothing public about Gallen remaining as club captain.

Well, Paul, we all make mistakes. Like, say, a journalist who can't spell.

Perhaps you should have a word with your sub-editors. :lol:

Unless LG & Toyota are sponsoring the clubs moral standards.

Well, I thought about that - I quite like the idea, although you would have to find sponsors that were a good fit with your ethos. Perhaps some firm of accountants for the Roosters, a cement truck manufacturer for Manly...

I could go on, but we'd probably get the site into trouble. :lol:

A AFL scribe has a go at the sharks, what a surprise, i assume then next year, he should be aiming up at the team who draft Ben Cousins and the AFL, for allowing this player yet another chance, but i bet we get the story, how they are trying to help this champion player, maybe to stir Sheehan up some more the club can get Darcy down to the sharks and offer him a contract.

Sheehan should have a close look at his own game, for eg the Hoppa thumb incident, actually came from AFL and was used years back when players were leaping for marks.

He has sharks at 10 weeks after 3 weeks in suspensions, maybe we should keep tally to see which club in AFL gets more, and email Sheehan in bulk to publish them figures, as well as blog the herald with the stats

Dave

Juniors
A AFL scribe has a go at the sharks, what a surprise, i assume then next year, he should be aiming up at the team who draft Ben Cousins and the AFL, for allowing this player yet another chance, but i bet we get the story, how they are trying to help this champion player, maybe to stir Sheehan up some more the club can get Darcy down to the sharks and offer him a contract.

Sheehan should have a close look at his own game, for eg the Hoppa thumb incident, actually came from AFL and was used years back when players were leaping for marks.

He has sharks at 10 weeks after 3 weeks in suspensions, maybe we should keep tally to see which club in AFL gets more, and email Sheehan in bulk to publish them figures, as well as blog the herald with the stats

Paul Sheehan is not an AFL scribe. He writes opinion columns for the Herald. He is a Rugby fan who writes stories about schoolboy rugby games, that no one is interested in.

Quigs

Immortal
Your captains a low mongrel dog.

Its not the dog in the fight young Minge - it is the fight in the dog.

Growwwwlllllllllllllllll.

Keep up the hate... I love it.

And don't forget to cheer for him come State of Origin.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

leaguelover3

juniors
Its not the dog in the fight young Minge - it is the fight in the dog.
Growwwwlllllllllllllllll.
Keep up the hate... I love it.
And don't forget to cheer for him come State of Origin.

"the gummies are guarenteed to fall over again", standard, dont know why 40 yrs, 40 yrs of nothing, and no one really takes notice of them, it's like the club doesnt exist, day to day talks from punters in pubs everyone forgets they exist, must be annoying not getting the recognition of being alive let alone in the comp".

Maybe if they move from the swamp things may change?
Or was it a former rubbish tip?

Gallen is a dog that is costing his team with his suspension.

Top Captain.

In another note, Although this is not the Sheehan from AFL, has anyone heard about the talk of triple-brownflow medallist, all-round good-guy from St.Kilda, Robert Harvey inspecting the "Wheels" of Jason Acne-manis?

What IS doing with this latest outbreak of the squirrel? Farkin gaylords, something a bit weird about it if you ask me. :crazy:

Miller Lite

Juniors
I love this.

This will give you some idea of the esteem in which Mr Sheehan is held;

Paul Keating was invited to launch a new collection of Australian political writing edited by the ABC's Tony Jones. He didn't want to do it.

"I was more than happy for the piece I wrote for The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age following Howard’s defeat to be included in Tony Jones’ selection but after reading over the manuscript you would not need to be a political scientist to realise that my short piece would be published amid so much dross from other people – Paul Sheehan, Geoffrey Blainey, Glenn Milne, Tom Switzer to name a few – that if all these monkeys turned up to the launch, you’d need to go armed with a hip flask of mace."

Quigs

Immortal
Leaguelover...

Are you a mate of Mange

Your hard hitting comments are hurtful yet they have struck an accord with me.

I am now a changed man.

You are right it is so annoying not getting recognition of being alive. But do you realise how much it hurts someone to be told that they don't live ...

I feel that you are a new age guy and I believe your comments are not really what you think - deep down you are probably a swell guy. I hope so.

Perhaps you could consider offering an olive branch and withdraw from such caustic comments towards those (us) who are obviously not as earthly and wise as your good self.

Thanks again for clearing my mind of such mental baggage.

I am held in anticipation of what knowledge you will pass onto us in your third post.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

S.R.

Juniors
Gallen was kicking back and resting as the Sharks picked up 2 points. It was probably good for his to have a look at the team from the stands anyway.

As for this Sheehan bloke... Gallen, the Sharks, and even the NRL should take the prick for all he has. Sue him until he sh*ts in his little twinkie G-string.

Vossy

Bench
sent that AFL jumper puncher an email..

he is like an ADHD kid looking for attention..

waiting for reply..thats more garbage and jibberish in one article then gould can spit out in 4 articles..slow news day aye?

Dave

Juniors
sent that AFL jumper puncher an email..

he is like an ADHD kid looking for attention..

waiting for reply..thats more garbage and jibberish in one article then gould can spit out in 4 articles..slow news day aye?

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']He has nothing to do wiht the AFL. He writes opinion columns for the Herald. He is a Rugby fan.
[/FONT]

chiana

Juniors
Well, you know what they say; "never let the truth get in the way of a good story".

Gotta say, I'm agreeing with Quigs, and loving the hate at the moment. (Darth Vader was always cooler than any of the good guys anyway)

My Son loves to cheer for all the bad guys in the movies. Says that Darth Vader is much more interesting than Luke Skywalker.
All this bed publicity should be good for the Sharks if used right. It won't hurt us to have some 'us vs them' opinions.

Seige mentality. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I wonder if Mr Sheehan has a spoltless record?

Latest posts