What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope I'm wrong but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
I have a feeling that Tim Smith will get dropped this week. Especially with all the talk about Jeremy Smith playing for NZ from PL.

I hope I'm wrong, but if it does happen and the nutty professor keeps John Morris in the team, I will just about give up.

parra_princess

Juniors
No, this is just too drastic.

Of all the players NOT firing I think Timmy isn't far off and I don't think a spell in Reggies will help. If he gets dropped (and J Morris is still in) and I really don't think it will happen then the fans will burn Parra stadium down...again.

Kornstar

Coach
If Timmy is dropped i will demand Smith is sacked immediately, of course my demands mean nothing, will still feel good venting my anger......

I personally don't think there will be any drastic changes, the club has had a week to cool off, everything will be as normal this week.......except for all the media speculation about Jamie, Club in turmoil, etc.....

Utey

Coach
Geez I hope not. He has been far from out worst. Iam all for someone to come and try and take some pressure off him, ffs Morris isnt doing anything.

strider

Post Whore
mmmm - i hope not too ..... altho if he goes to PL and then gets major motivation and ends up a better player for it we could call it a master stroke :lol:

parralight

Juniors
There is no way it will happen.
BUT there is every chance that Morris will be dropped.
Peek is a chance to come into the top side.

parra pete

Referee
Kornstar said:
If Timmy is dropped i will demand Smith is sacked immediately, of course my demands mean nothing, will still feel good venting my anger......

I personally don't think there will be any drastic changes, the club has had a week to cool off, everything will be as normal this week.......except for all the media speculation about Jamie, Club in turmoil, etc.....

Grow up!!!!
There is NO indespensable man. If his form doesn't warrant him being in first grade so be it..And his form hasn't been flash has it!

Kornstar

Coach
parra pete said:
Grow up!!!!
There is NO indespensable man. If his form doesn't warrant him being in first grade so be it..And his form hasn't been flash has it!

I was being a moron, however i do not believe he should be dropped after one bad game when the rest of the team were just as bad.......

As i said after it, i don't believe that there will be any drastic changes......i noticed how you didn't acknowledge that though......

parra pete

Referee
Okay.. Let nature take it course. :lol:
If drastic measure are needed they will be taken The people in charge, plus the players are all targeting success. What happened in 2001, 2005 last week doesn't count. It is about NOW. Don't lets get ahead of ourselves.
I hope Tim Smith IS the ANSWER. I hope he turns out to be another Sterlo. I haven't seen things in him, consistently, that other people have seen. It is no good producing clever play against the Warriors, Rabbits, Raiders Sharks. You have to do it against the BIG BOYS..and do it EVERY WEEK.
Clubs that persist with players out of form have an EARLY MAD MONDAY..

Hurriflatch

Referee
As I said in another thread the entire forward pack should have their contracts torn up before Tim Smith gets dropped.

Parra could have Wally Lewis at 5/8 Brett Kenny and Bob Fulton in the centres, Andrew Johns at halfback, Clive Chruchill at fullback, Eric Grothe Snr and Kerry Boustead on the wings and the they'll still do nothing with the powderpuff forward pack that is playing for the Eels at the moment

Ant

Juniors
I don't believe Tim Smith should be dropped or that he will be yet, however there is no doubt that his defence is currently not up to first grade standard and needs to improve dramatically.
Tim Smith has some fantastic elements to his game, passing and kicking are both right up with the best players, although occasionally a bit wayward, but the genius plays make up for it.
He also has some areas to improve, his running game and his defence.
On defence, its not like he is a small halfback, its just got to do with attitude and at times technique.
I doubt he will be dropped, but yeah he could do with some work.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Considering that Tim Smith has at least twice this year had to make 30 tackles it'a not surprising a few of them are ineffective

again it comes back to the forwards not dominating the play make it easy for the opposition to pick out Timmy in defence and withe the poor ball handling giving the other mob at lot more possesion that obviously means more tackles.

adminitingly a bit of the dropped ball has been Tim's fault but not all of it.

ParraAds

Juniors
why is it that people get all huffy at the idea of tim smith being dropped?? 'oh its the forwards fault that he drops and ball and cant run and has an eratic kicking game'....

please...grow up, hes just a person, stop treating these footballers like they are all high and mighty.

spiderdan

Bench
in all honesty i don't think tim's been that bad.

he had one below par performance in the second half against penrith but wasn't as bad as people make out.

everyone goes on about those two great breaks that wade had. i'm pretty sure both were from tim's passes. i'm also pretty sure on both occassions that tim was one of the players in support that wade ran away from.

tim also put in a nice kick in that game that peterson, had he been a player with an ounce of talent, woulda dived on and scored in the corner in the early stages of that game.

eels_fan_01

Bench
noosa-eel said:
It's not that Timmy is playing bad, its the rest of the pack letting him down :cry:

Naa hes playing pretty bad.

In all the games this year theres been a 10 min period where he doesnt touch the ball you dont even know if hes on the field and halfs cant do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts