What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope I'm wrong but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIG said:
I wouldn't go as far as saying Smithy doesn't want to win this year- because that aint true....but i'd go as far to say if Fitzy said 'heres the payout of the rest of your contract, see you later', he'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Like it or not, that's the perception out there- and no matter how much he wantst o sugar coat things, when the going gets tough that has a negative impact on the team.

Look at the difference between him and Hagan.

Hagan has basically said this is my last year, lets see what we can do and then i'll worry about the Eels in 2007.
Smith has whinged and moaned about it being bad timing, unsettleing etc....not shown up to the season launch- holds a press conference saying coaching Newcastle is a dream etc...etc....

Smith is a coaching veteran but you'd think Hagan was the way he has got on with business as has his team.

Yeah but Pig, you seem to be putting 2 and 2 together to get 5. It all seems like a leap to far for mine.

Delboy

First Grade
Mits, the drums are beating and your opinion is clouded by your distance from the club. The posters on this forum often have to make sure their confidences arent revealed, and therefore you will have to read between the lines.
BS has stuffed up badly, his attitude is extremely unprofessional and a little vengeful. The players arent getting the leadership they expect, and if you think that the club is plain sailing along, then quite honestly you are wrong.
The players want to succeed, but BS has made no friends with his recent actions and you should look outisde youur support for the coach and understand this will be a long season, and the only person who can turn a lot of things around is the coach.
Anyway we will still be there Friday night and hope the season turns around, but it would be much easier if the "professionals" at the club refocussed and stop trying to score points at the expense of the administartion.

parra pete

Referee
[BS has stuffed up badly, his attitude is extremely unprofessional and a little vengeful. ]

What a load of cobblers....

Delboy said:
Mits, the drums are beating and your opinion is clouded by your distance from the club. The posters on this forum often have to make sure their confidences arent revealed, and therefore you will have to read between the lines.
BS has stuffed up badly, his attitude is extremely unprofessional and a little vengeful. The players arent getting the leadership they expect, and if you think that the club is plain sailing along, then quite honestly you are wrong.
The players want to succeed, but BS has made no friends with his recent actions and you should look outisde youur support for the coach and understand this will be a long season, and the only person who can turn a lot of things around is the coach.
Anyway we will still be there Friday night and hope the season turns around, but it would be much easier if the "professionals" at the club refocussed and stop trying to score points at the expense of the administartion.

I am sorry, but my Distance from the club ?

Parra Guru

Coach
MarkInTheStands said:
I mean I heard early in the year that this might be Aunty Kay's last year with the club as well but I do not think it is because of all the internal issues.

Is Aunty Kaye's last year? :( Is she retiring?

She deserves more of a send off than Brian!!!

Maybe it seems like to some that I am in Brisbane so let me just go back into my personal observations from the club.

While sitting in the Novatel Tainui the Saturday after the game, The Majority of players were mustering to go out, to the Bank. All sitting around Coach's Smith, Sharp and Taylor, as all watchied the end of the Sharks Broncos Match, most players went to the bank accompanied by Craig and Hayden.

Watching the coaching staff interact during the next game (Manly vs. Cowboys) was very interesting considering JT and Sharp have links with Manly. No signs or bitterness between all of them as they sat next to each other and drank together for the entire game.

PJ and Fui were the only players not to go out to the Bank, but they did go out to the Bakery down the road for a bite to eat.

Before Brisbane I was at the Premier League game against West’s when I spoke with coach smith about his future and one thing I can tell you from the conversation is that the coach has his mind on the here and now and is not thinking about 2007 or anything after the end of the season yet.

In Brisbane while I was selling shirts for the club and watching open training there was again no ill will between the coaching staff or any sort of pompousness from coach smith with the only problem for the day being that PJ forgot his Training shirt so he swapped it with Craig, on whom it looked like a muscle shirt.

I was lucky enough to be at Dinner with the club after training and while Coach Smith was not there the rest of the club was and no problems could at all were observed between the coaching staff and the players or management. The team looked like one big group of friends.

After the Broncos game, I was lucky enough to once again speak with coach Smith and other members of the staff after the loss. The only problems coming out of that day was Coach Smith's bad neck and Hindy and Morro walking around like old men with Ice all over them.

I was lucky enough to speak with coach Sharp before the Cowboys game while waiting for a lift to the ground (to spare the walk on his hip) and we commented on how close things were to being right with the club. We spoke about Timana and the fact he was one week away and Coach Sharp’s hope that he would have been ready for the Cowboys game.

Now I am sure things can change in the 2 weeks since that happened but nothing I have heard here is direct observation of the problem, but more sources whom are clouded in secrecy and knowing the way this club works some times that is a good thing, but from my recent observations these stories appear to be outside pressure. In anyway there are in direct opposition to my personal observations of the coaching staff and players this year.

parra pete

Referee
Tyler Durden said:
the board are not too upset with the way things are going at the moment - smithy is doing a fabulous job.

Brian Smith I presume...not Tim

PS One to go for my 2,000...I'm going to make it a beauty.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tim's defence is AWFUL. That's the only part of his game I'd change if I could.

You say he goes quiet? This is true.

HOWEVER, I have seen on many occassions this year Timmy standing on one side of the ruck screaming for the ball, and the dummy half going the other way. How is this his fault?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Maybe it seems like to some that I am in Brisbane so let me just go back into my personal observations from the club.

While sitting in the Novatel Tainui the Saturday after the game, The Majority of players were mustering to go out, to the Bank. All sitting around Coach's Smith, Sharp and Taylor, as all watchied the end of the Sharks Broncos Match, most players went to the bank accompanied by Craig and Hayden.

Watching the coaching staff interact during the next game (Manly vs. Cowboys) was very interesting considering JT and Sharp have links with Manly. No signs or bitterness between all of them as they sat next to each other and drank together for the entire game.

PJ and Fui were the only players not to go out to the Bank, but they did go out to the Bakery down the road for a bite to eat.

Before Brisbane I was at the Premier League game against West’s when I spoke with coach smith about his future and one thing I can tell you from the conversation is that the coach has his mind on the here and now and is not thinking about 2007 or anything after the end of the season yet.

In Brisbane while I was selling shirts for the club and watching open training there was again no ill will between the coaching staff or any sort of pompousness from coach smith with the only problem for the day being that PJ forgot his Training shirt so he swapped it with Craig, on whom it looked like a muscle shirt.

I was lucky enough to be at Dinner with the club after training and while Coach Smith was not there the rest of the club was and no problems could at all were observed between the coaching staff and the players or management. The team looked like one big group of friends.

After the Broncos game, I was lucky enough to once again speak with coach Smith and other members of the staff after the loss. The only problems coming out of that day was Coach Smith's bad neck and Hindy and Morro walking around like old men with Ice all over them.

I was lucky enough to speak with coach Sharp before the Cowboys game while waiting for a lift to the ground (to spare the walk on his hip) and we commented on how close things were to being right with the club. We spoke about Timana and the fact he was one week away and Coach Sharp’s hope that he would have been ready for the Cowboys game.

Now I am sure things can change in the 2 weeks since that happened but nothing I have heard here is direct observation of the problem, but more sources whom are clouded in secrecy and knowing the way this club works some times that is a good thing, but from my recent observations these stories appear to be outside pressure. In anyway there are in direct opposition to my personal observations of the coaching staff and players this year.

thanks for sharing that with us Mark, but I can tell you not one thing you said will change what some people here, believe, not because they don't believe your genuine but because they have their own source of information and I think it goes a little bit beyond a few quite drinks together and good old chat to the coach.

It's not about form, purple patches on the field will occour every year and it's only a small negative part of following your team the concern is what is occouring off the park. and if I and a few others are being accused of being a "Negative Nelly" than so be it..but don't go around like "Officer Barbrady" of southpark who will stand there in his rose coloured glasses telling everyone in the middle of a riot..."there's nothing to see here, move along"

Eelementary

Post Whore
Here's the thing, though:

I doubt very much Brian would go around admitting he's not into 2006 at all, but very much looking forward to 2007 (unless he's an idiot; the man is no idiot).

Likewise, the players (unless they too are fools) wouldn't want to admit to any disharmony.

So what you see isn't always what you get...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Here's the thing, though:

I doubt very much Brian would go around admitting he's not into 2006 at all, but very much looking forward to 2007 (unless he's an idiot; the man is no idiot).

Likewise, the players (unless they too are fools) wouldn't want to admit to any disharmony.

So what you see isn't always what you get...

Absolutely, why would you???

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
"negative nellyvation" :lol:

I prefer being in touch with my feminine side [girlyvation] than my emotional side [sookyvation]..but I can live with nellyvation for the moment. ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
I mean I don't mean it to make Brian look bad.

I'm just saying that he'll say things are OK, and he's focused on 2006, etc - but only HE knows how he REALLY feels. Have to take what all the players and staff say with a grain of salt these days.

Anyway, enough negativity from me lol.

Go the Eels on Friday!

eelavation said:
thanks for sharing that with us Mark, but I can tell you not one thing you said will change what some people here, believe, not because they don't believe your genuine but because they have their own source of information and I think it goes a little bit beyond a few quite drinks together and good old chat to the coach.

It's not about form, purple patches on the field will occour every year and it's only a small negative part of following your team the concern is what is occouring off the park. and if I and a few others are being accused of being a "Negative Nelly" than so be it..but don't go around like "Officer Barbrady" of southpark who will stand there in his rose coloured glasses telling everyone in the middle of a riot..."there's nothing to see here, move along"

I am sorry Eela but I really think you are over re-acting. If there are problems at the club I will be the first to admit it once I see it. I haven’t seen it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts