What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i need a vid or match where

$h@rk$

Juniors
somebody tackles a 300 pound about 130 kg league player within 10 meters. or even a match number date etc. i gotta prove them yankees wrong.

thnx..

griff

Bench
heaviest league player I know of was Paul Anderson, and he wouldn't have been any more than 120kg

hutch

First Grade
you would struggle to find anyone weighing that heavy in professional rugby league. would be too slow, fat and unfit. wouldnt last 5 minutes!

otag

Juniors
faosa afoa was 130kg playing first grade for penrith. dunno how you can get the footage of it but.

tiburon

Juniors
Newcastle prop Matty Parsons was 120kg in 2002 and i'm sure was heavier at some stage of his career.

Charlie Leano from the Dragons is 124kg and i'm sure was a little more last year.

roopy

Referee
Matt Parsons took the field at 130kg several times towards the end of his career. His official biog claimed he was 120kg for the last 5 years of his career, but the back injuries that prevented him from training led to a weight blowout.
Big Les Mason played for the Dora Creek swampies last season at 140 kg or so. He was useless.
Josh Perry is listed at 119kg this year.

roopy

Referee
bloodyhell.jpg

roopy

Referee
griff said:
thanks roopy, now I've just lost my breakfast
that is a beautiful picture.
I admit that pepe Marquet is not the most attractive man on earth - but that trophy in the middle makes it a fantastic pic.
That appeared in the Newcastle Herald the day after the Knights won the 2001 grandfinal.
I put it up because it shows how big Parsons was.

LordLeague

Juniors
There was a season where Peter Jorgensen scored 10 tries in 6 games for Penrith before being injured for the remainder of the season. I think it was 1999 or 2000. Those 6 games the Jorgoplane was on fire. One match against Parra, Tookey steamed onto the ball about 2 metres out at full speed with Jorgo to beat. Somehow Jorgo smashed him and brought him up short (I don't think he scored). It was an awsome tackle and sounds like what your lookin' for. Unfortunately I don't have it on tape, but the match was televised by 9 or fox. Check the records for the year when Jorgensen scored 10 tries for Penrith and then get the video of the Pen v Parra from about round 5. That should have the tackle. Maybe somebody at the Panthers forums can help you out.

Good luck

LordLeague