What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I have had it with this team of ours.

MORRIS - Must Go!!!

COLLIS - Must Go!!!

We need a dominant halfback.

We need to stop making under 8 like handling errors

We need discipline.

We need a miracle.

Please help me maintain my faith, give me a reason to continue to love my tigers, a reason to believe there is hope.

N.C.

Juniors
Please help me maintain my faith, give me a reason to continue to love my tigers, a reason to believe there is hope.
Sheens will be finished his crocheted rug soon, and then he'll take his retirement fund and his drinking buddies and leave us the hell alone. Just a couple more years, hang in there...

Cloud9

Gees what a let down.
There's no point being a troll around here.
We're not needed.

Our team is renowned for speedy, mobile forwards and talented backs, or at least have been for the past 5 or so years.

Although, how many times today did we spread the ball out to our wingers and centers? They did nothing, we were trying to win a ruck battle vs a superior pack when we had arguably the better 3/4s. Lawrence had the ball like 2 times from a run out of dummy-half and I'm willing to say he's our most dangerous ball runner on the edges. Him and Tuiaki with a bit of space can easily create a try.

We need to spread the ball with short passes along the field through the hands and go to the edges, look at our first try... we did exactly that and scored a good try.
Stop having one-out runs unless you're Keith Galloway or Gareth Ellis. Heighington makes the most useless runs. He gets the ball and turns right back into the markers for a gain of 3m.

Morris must go to lock and we should bring up Wayde Dunley, Blake Ashford, or heck even put Junior Burger in the halves and just put Morris on the bench or Lock. He's a great utility but a shocker of a half.

Halatau and Payne must go, they are utter crap. Bring back Laurie and Trimachi. Trimachi is an astute defender and Laurie is a monster. 30 minutes of him and his intimidation will do us wonders.

Another major problem is our lack of ball runners. We never run the ball at the edges or little men. It's always up the middle into the bigger forwards. Heighington and Gibbs always do this and make like 5m with each run. It's terrible. These two should run wider and towards the halves at the edge of the ruck.

I also look at some of our plays and I think to myself - wtf? There is no structure, Sheens is a totally donkey and Marshall isn't a leader @ 7. Marshall should be playing either Fullback or 5/8 so he can choose when he chimes into the attack, rather than having to be creative and structure every play.

Our 2 biggest mistakes were getting rid of Scott Prince and Anthony Laffranchi - both of them now doing wonders at the Gold Coast.

pappy fritz

Juniors
Our 2 biggest mistakes were getting rid of Scott Prince and Anthony Laffranchi - both of them now doing wonders at the Gold Coast.[/quote]

W.T. never got rid of them ?? they left because they wanted to.

Our 2 biggest mistakes were getting rid of Scott Prince and Anthony Laffranchi - both of them now doing wonders at the Gold Coast.

W.T. never got rid of them ?? they left because they wanted to.[/quote]

Prince made it pretty bloody obvious that he wanted to go back to Queensland. Add to that the fact a new franchise wanted a new halfback and threw big bucks at him, we were always going to be at long odds to keep him, but hey, lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Tommax25

Bench
Your club definitely needs a cleanout ala the bulldogs. Out of your team off the top of my head I would suggest only keeping heington, ellis, payten, farah, marshall at 6, lawrence, tuaki, gallowway and laurie. Everyone else is useless in a big way. Thats probably too many at once though. Half this year, half the next.

1: Milne
2: Simmons/Wolfman
3: Lawrence
4: Wolfman/Simmons
5: Tuaki
6: Marshall
7: Ben Hunt/Nathan Fein/Matt Head
8: Gallowway
9: Farah
10: Poore
11: Ellis
12: Hall
13: Creah

14: Laurie
15: Payten
16: Lee Roy Larrs (thats no where near but f**k it)
17: Taylor

There, just had a go off the top of my head of players I think are offcontract/available. Makes your team look a lot more respectable.

Last edited:

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Your club definitely needs a cleanout ala the bulldogs. Out of your team off the top of my head I would suggest only keeping heington, ellis, payten, farah, marshall at 6, lawrence, tuaki, gallowway and laurie. Everyone else is useless in a big way. Thats probably too many at once though. Half this year, half the next.
Tuiaki is a spastic of the highest order and ellis looked like he turned up pissed for the last game.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Ellis has been good, as has tuiaki. But whatever, not my f**ked up team, just throwing in some contructive criticism.

Tuikai is a very very limited player. Ellis had a howler on Sunday. I think Ellis is going to be awesome actually -> but he needs to own up for sunday.

Tuiaki is great when he runs, cross field bombs and his handling, field position at times -> hopeless.

Last edited:

TimmyB

Juniors
Boof wasn't chased. Sheens admitted this. He didnt rate him.

Rubbish, they couldn't offer him the money the Gold Coast was offering. GC offered him overs because he was a local boy and they were dying to get the local boys home. Same story for O'Dwyer.

Eddie.

Bench
Sheens rated Laffranchi highly. I think it was more complacency and timing more then anything.

We had come off a GF victory and had signed Galloway, OHara and Sam Harris. Sheens probably thought we would be nice guys and let Laffranchi go.

chopsy_05

Juniors
C'mon what about Morris, Payne, Galea, O'Hara, Lolesi and Harris?
Honestly I nearly spewed typing that - thinking of the millions of dollars we have wasted over the years on rubbish. Yet our recruitment manager and coach still have jobs!

jasonl

Juniors
Our team is renowned for speedy, mobile forwards and talented backs, or at least have been for the past 5 or so years.

Although, how many times today did we spread the ball out to our wingers and centers? They did nothing, we were trying to win a ruck battle vs a superior pack when we had arguably the better 3/4s. Lawrence had the ball like 2 times from a run out of dummy-half and I'm willing to say he's our most dangerous ball runner on the edges. Him and Tuiaki with a bit of space can easily create a try.

We need to spread the ball with short passes along the field through the hands and go to the edges, look at our first try... we did exactly that and scored a good try.
Stop having one-out runs unless you're Keith Galloway or Gareth Ellis. Heighington makes the most useless runs. He gets the ball and turns right back into the markers for a gain of 3m.

Morris must go to lock and we should bring up Wayde Dunley, Blake Ashford, or heck even put Junior Burger in the halves and just put Morris on the bench or Lock. He's a great utility but a shocker of a half.

Halatau and Payne must go, they are utter crap. Bring back Laurie and Trimachi. Trimachi is an astute defender and Laurie is a monster. 30 minutes of him and his intimidation will do us wonders.

Another major problem is our lack of ball runners. We never run the ball at the edges or little men. It's always up the middle into the bigger forwards. Heighington and Gibbs always do this and make like 5m with each run. It's terrible. These two should run wider and towards the halves at the edge of the ruck.

I also look at some of our plays and I think to myself - wtf? There is no structure, Sheens is a totally donkey and Marshall isn't a leader @ 7. Marshall should be playing either Fullback or 5/8 so he can choose when he chimes into the attack, rather than having to be creative and structure every play.

Heighington the most useless eh? Chris H ran for 155m last Sunday. Guess I must have been watching a different game.

And btw, Laffranchi wasn't gotten rid of.

magpie_man

Juniors
C'mon what about Morris, Payne, Galea, O'Hara, Lolesi and Harris?
Honestly I nearly spewed typing that - thinking of the millions of dollars we have wasted over the years on rubbish. Yet our recruitment manager and coach still have jobs!

fmd, forgot about him. playing a winger at lock when we already had 5-6 of them was another masterstroke from sheens.