What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I have had it with this team of ours.

boxa777

Coach
I have a soft spot for the Tigers living in Balmain.. I'm still an outsider looking in but I think the club is requiring a serious mass cleanout of the sh*t in the team.. Newcastle went thru it, Parra should but the Tigers have the most overrated players in the competition and I would punt the coach too.

This is all I'd leave..

4. Chris Lawrence
5. Taneila Tuiaki
7. Benji Marshall
9. Robbie Farah
11. Gareth Ellis
13. Chris Heighington (i would play him in the middle as a lock)

14. Tim Moltzen (i'd keep him somewhere)

Blokes like Gibbs, Collis, Halatau, McDonnell, Morris etc. I don't understand how Sheens has persisted with these guys for so long. It's embarrassing. I would be filthy watching these no hopers every year.

Took out our best player lol. Galloway is probably the last person i'd get rid off. He makes over 10m a hit and has about 12 each game. He's just a beast.

fourplay

Juniors
Blokes like Gibbs, Collis, Halatau, McDonnell, Morris etc. I don't understand how Sheens has persisted with these guys for so long. It's embarrassing. I would be filthy watching these no hopers every year.

lol

You guys know that Shannon McDonnell's father is the tigers recruitment manager right?

westie

Bench
How has no one noticed Collis is a high quality player? And then half of you back it up by saying you wish he goes to the Bulldogs - who are 10 times the club we are and already have Idris and Morris!

Front-Rower

First Grade
How has no one noticed Collis is a high quality player? And then half of you back it up by saying you wish he goes to the Bulldogs - who are 10 times the club we are and already have Idris and Morris!

I agree. Collis would shine if he had the support of his team mates. To many times the poor kid is left to do all the work himself down that right edge.

Bench
I agree. Collis would shine if he had the support of his team mates. To many times the poor kid is left to do all the work himself down that right edge.
I can see this,but Tim can't and the same wing and fullback keep making him look bad.

westie

Bench
He sees the first early ball of the season with some space last week and walks it in for Ryan. And people want to criticise him? He's even a half good defender as was pointed out to me this season. Much better than the rest of the dribble in the backline.

Hanscholo

Bench

Collis plays just like Matt Gidley used to. Without his team going well he looks very ordinary, with a decent side there he is an international.

innsaneink

Referee
Thats right Ink,super coach Sheens really shook it up with that selection,I bet all the other players are now scared of being dropped too.:lol:

Ignoring my question in the Morris thread?

I didnt infer Sheens has finally wielded any axe, just an observation that whenever macca is selected its because of his dad, yet everyone shuts the f**k up when hes dropped.

TimmyB

Juniors

I didnt infer Sheens has finally wielded any axe, just an observation that whenever macca is selected its because of his dad, yet everyone shuts the f**k up when hes dropped.

Good call.

McDonnell is often selected without cause, but the continual accusations of nepotism are a bit much.

westie

Bench
Macca looked much better than most of our players when he came on at fullback last week. I was excited that he could offer some impact lurking around looking for an offload or jinking though. Something that I've never felt from Moltzen or Hanbury.

Macca looked much better than most of our players when he came on at fullback last week. I was excited that he could offer some impact lurking around looking for an offload or jinking though. Something that I've never felt from Moltzen or Hanbury.

Gallant was doing that stuff last year,he could be a good fullback if he was given a chance

sheens has no clue ,screw the 5/8 style fb lets get a good support player who looks for a ellis or galloway offload

and a proper 5/8-1/2 ,Lui would be fine hes defense looks decent and hes the type of player that would fit in well with benji
Dunley is anohter and even moltzen would be handy in the halfs

when sheens first got here he said he wasnt gonna play players out of postion,and we won a premiership so why cant we keep not playingguys like benji,Moltzen,Payton,Payne,Morris out of postion

westie

Bench
I agree with Gallant. By far the best option. Macca likes to play a bit before the line with ball in hand, and is very good at it in my opinion. Gallant is just a brilliant support player. Guess we'll have to work out what style of football we're actually playing.

chopsy_05

Juniors

Yeah but did he deserve a three year contract? Sure I don't know what kind of $$$ he is on but three years??? You can't tell me that any other club would have signed him for that long!