What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I have had it with this team of ours.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Benji and Moltzen need to be in the halves for mine..I said it last year....one on each side of the field....will make a deadly combo.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your club definitely needs a cleanout ala the bulldogs. Out of your team off the top of my head I would suggest only keeping heington, ellis, payten, farah, marshall at 6, lawrence, tuaki, gallowway and laurie. Everyone else is useless in a big way. Thats probably too many at once though. Half this year, half the next.

1: Milne
2: Simmons/Wolfman
3: Lawrence
4: Wolfman/Simmons
5: Tuaki
6: Marshall
7: Ben Hunt/Nathan Fein/Matt Head
8: Gallowway
9: Farah
10: Poore
11: Ellis
12: Hall
13: Creah

14: Laurie
15: Payten
16: Lee Roy Larrs (thats no where near but f**k it)
17: Taylor

There, just had a go off the top of my head of players I think are offcontract/available. Makes your team look a lot more respectable.
Respectable and Simmons don't work hand in hand.

Fullback would be Gallant.
What makes you think Head would come back, or be welcome back, he wasn't even given a decent go when he was here.

You said Heighington should stay and then you don't name him. I'd take him over Hall and Learoyd-Lahrs any day of the week.

Taylor has a habit of being unfit, we don't need that regardless of how good he appears to be from time to time.

Everyone else you listed would cost sh*tloads. In case you didn't know, we couldn't pay for a full squad of 25 this year.

Back to the drawing board for you chump.

sando88

Not a Moderator
Your club definitely needs a cleanout ala the bulldogs. Out of your team off the top of my head I would suggest only keeping heington, ellis, payten, farah, marshall at 6, lawrence, tuaki, gallowway and laurie. Everyone else is useless in a big way. Thats probably too many at once though. Half this year, half the next.

1: Milne
2: Simmons/Wolfman
3: Lawrence
4: Wolfman/Simmons
5: Tuaki
6: Marshall
7: Ben Hunt/Nathan Fein/Matt Head
8: Gallowway
9: Farah
10: Poore
11: Ellis
12: Hall
13: Creah

14: Laurie
15: Payten
16: Lee Roy Larrs (thats no where near but f**k it)
17: Taylor

There, just had a go off the top of my head of players I think are offcontract/available. Makes your team look a lot more respectable.

thats ridiculous. i wouldnt want any of those players except poore and creagh but they would cost a fortune. wolfman and simmons are far worse then collis. collis just isnt given good ball

moltzen is good enough to stay at fullback. we need possibly a bigger winger then ryan although he has improved in recent weeks. benji is better then alot of halfbacks in the competition. heighington has to be in there. gibbs deserves a bench spot if is well disciplined.

Tommax25

Bench
thats ridiculous. i wouldnt want any of those players except poore and creagh but they would cost a fortune. wolfman and simmons are far worse then collis. collis just isnt given good ball

moltzen is good enough to stay at fullback. we need possibly a bigger winger then ryan although he has improved in recent weeks. benji is better then alot of halfbacks in the competition. heighington has to be in there. gibbs deserves a bench spot if is well disciplined.

Ok... so essentially you are saying you dont want any changes at all, except for maybe a winger, although you dont seem to mind, and two forwards but you wouldnt want to spend the money? Money which would be there to spend if deadweight was cut? Fair enough, but all I see is tigers fans pissed off about the makeup of their team, and complaining that there is too much deadweight, and too many players who are living off 2005 ect ect.

Yes heighington should be there I forgot him. Lol at wolfman being far worse than collis, emphasis on the far. What has collis done in 3 years? He hasnt gotten good ball in 3 years? :lol: He scored a hattrick for the tigers and I saw some people extremely reluctant to even praise it, thats how bad he'd been going.

Tommax25

Bench
You said Heighington should stay and then you don't name him. I'd take him over Hall and Learoyd-Lahrs any day of the week.

:roll: I clearly forgot him in the team, as you said I named him originally.

Back to the drawing board for you chump.

:? Ok then... All I was doing was offering some contructive critisicm on your team in a thread titled "I think I have had it with this team of ours". But sorry, I wont post upsetting things in the tigers forum anymore. The tigers should simply re-sign all players currently on the books. Here is the team I think the tigers should keep 2010 and beyond:

1. Tim Moltzen 2. Taniela Tuiaki 3. Dean Collis 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. John Morris 7. Benji Marshall 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Gareth Ellis 12. Chris Heighington 13. Todd Payten
Interchange: 14. Shannon Gallant 15. Dene Halatau 16. Danny Galea 17. Corey Payne

and of course Tim Sheens as head coach.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
:roll: I clearly forgot him in the team, as you said I named him originally.

:? Ok then... All I was doing was offering some contructive critisicm on your team in a thread titled "I think I have had it with this team of ours". But sorry, I wont post upsetting things in the tigers forum anymore. The tigers should simply re-sign all players currently on the books. Here is the team I think the tigers should keep 2010 and beyond:

1. Tim Moltzen 2. Taniela Tuiaki 3. Dean Collis 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. John Morris 7. Benji Marshall 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Gareth Ellis 12. Chris Heighington 13. Todd Payten
Interchange: 14. Shannon Gallant 15. Dene Halatau 16. Danny Galea 17. Corey Payne

and of course Tim Sheens as head coach.

Tommax25- dont take it to heart- things here can get a bit heated / argumentative but we just agree to disagree.

Latest posts