What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I have a mate who consistently stays up all night on the grog. Unbelievable really.

Occasionally I've managed to keep up with him, but he is quite incredible (and deffo not on drugs, those things f**k him up too much).

Once or twice I've been up nearly all night with friends and didn't realise they were on goey and pingers (I was pretty pissed obviously, else I would have realised).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
B-Tron 3000 said:
I have a mate who consistently stays up all night on the grog. Unbelievable really.

Occasionally I've managed to keep up with him, but he is quite incredible (and deffo not on drugs, those things f**k him up too much).

Once or twice I've been up nearly all night with friends and didn't realise they were on goey and pingers (I was pretty pissed obviously, else I would have realised).

I've done all-nighters on the piss when younger but it's a serious effort... on the Jack 'n Jills though it's no problem, in fact you're struggling to get any sleep before dawn.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
There's been a fair bit of complaining about this lately.

Looks like Joey's given the mods as much work as he's given Gallop!!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Sacrolishes said:
Get f**ked you f**king Cop Out!!

Are you trying to tell me that the knight are the only team in the NRL!! that has a drug and Alcohol Problem!!! You must live in freaking shell then mate!!!

Those 2 issues are the forefront of clubs issues in every team..and im only talking about the NRL!! your local rugby league comp, the country teams in every freaking state of this country have these issues!!! it is a freaking culture that in no small feat..will ever be fixed!!

ur a f**king dickhead mate if you think the knights are the only team to have an issue with this!!!
Right, so you obviously have evidence of drug and alcohol taking in every club? Fire away.

I'll start you off. Brisbane...?

Apey

Staff member
Ugh not a nice news story to come back to :(

I think some people can't get their head around how hard it would be to confess to a drug addiction though. I wouldn't know either, but I imagine it wouldn't be an easy thing to do. Caught or not.

Yes Johnsy screwed up and he has now put it out there for the public to judge...I don't support his behavior but I support his ability not to run from the press like Cousins did.

Chook

First Grade
The Andrew Johns happy meal = Coke and Ice, no burger!

And Johns should not be made an immortal, it will sully the entire concept of being an immortal.

Chook.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Chook said:
The Andrew Johns happy meal = Coke and Ice, no burger!

And Johns should not be made an immortal, it will sully the entire concept of being an immortal.

Chook.

Despite the man of your namesake, already an immortal, saying he still should be?

I don't think he should though, never did.

Fibroman

First Grade
I have just read through 48 pages of this stuff, and have pretty much worked out who the posters on here that have IQ's over 40, and the ones that fit into the imbecile category.

THEMANONTHEHILL is clearly the most sensible of all the posters on here. He calls it how he sees it, and believe me he is right on the money.

Chemically produced 'recreational' drugs in this country are out of control. The reasons are many.

The fact that we paid a galoot from London more than double what the Prime Minister was getting paid to be the Police Commissioner, and spent over 100 million dollars to sack a grand total of about 7 police and have about 2000 good cops leave the job in disgust over the past 10 or so years (all at the tax payers expense mind you. Pensions upwards of 50k per year CPI indexed until they die) says it all. Hell, our last Police Commissioner spent the bulk of his 40 year career doing rosters in a piddly little country cop shop and the rest of it pushing paper across his desk at the Police Academy and 'SEEKING ADVICE' from spin doctors on how to explain why we have such a wonderful safe state.

I was doing surveillance once on a bloke that had just committed 2 violent armed robberies and a home invasion where the victim nearly died. After being told, I couldn't work even 15 minutes overtime on the job, and if I couldn't scrouge up a car from somewhere myself, I was doing the job on foot, I decided I'd have a go anyway. The bloke was not only doing stick ups and home invasions, but was moving tens of thousands of dollars worth of goey around Sydney on a daily basis.

After the boss ripped up my overtime form, which was in the vicinity of about $75.00, I found out later that I had a team of about 8 pr1cks tailing me and listening devices on my phones for 9 months because someone made a complaint that I was doing a 2nd job putting in stencil driveways on my days off. I worked out that the twits spent over $1000000 on the job, and guess what??? Now the tax payers have to pay me for doing nothing for the rest of my life.

Get rid of the do gooder pencil pushing cops and put someone like Roger Rogerson in the top job for a couple of years and there will be no more pills for the players to take.

Some of you people need to have a reality check. It's a real world out there. Believe the spin you hear on the T.V and have a nice life.

The end of the section for me is:

Joey is the best footballer I have seen in my life. He has provided me years of entertainment. I think the fact that he binge drinks makes him reasonably normal in the Aussie culture. I fell sorry for him being in the spotlight all the time, and having to take medication for depression. I think the fact that he took recreational drugs over a number of years was silly, and sends a bad message out to our kids. I think he should be applauded for having the guts to go on national t.v. and tell it how it is.

The NRL should drug test the players at least once or twice a week. They should keep a decent intelligence base on which players might be taking them. I think the cops should get themselves back in charge of the streets instead of Outlaw Motor Cycle Gangs and Middle Eastern males that make 100's of millions of dollars cooking up and selling these pills.

There...........I've had my spit.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Fibroman said:
The NRL should drug test the players at least once or twice a week. They should keep a decent intelligence base on which players might be taking them.
I doubt they'd even need decent intelligence base to know who might be taking them :-$

I think the cops should get themselves back in charge of the streets instead of Outlaw Motor Cycle Gangs
An old fella at my old work always says "the cops need to be the toughest gang in town".

ps I thought Rogerson was corrupt?

Fibroman

First Grade
They only ever got Rogerson for a dodgy bank account. He may well have done a few things that were a little bit naughty, but he locked up a sh1tload of crooks too, and was feared by the hardest criminals in Sydney.

The Queensland Cops even took him to Brisbane to specifically get a result on the Whisky A Go Go fire because they couldn't get a crook in the dock, and the Dodger could. Pretty much says that he may well have been the best policeman in Australia at the time?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Fibroman said:
The Queensland Cops even took him to Brisbane to specifically get a result on the Whisky A Go Go fire because they couldn't get a crook in the dock, and the Dodger could.
What does that mean?

I'm not being smart, I'd really like to know what is means, and why he was so good at it.

Fibroman

First Grade
B-Tron 3000 said:
What does that mean?

I'm not being smart, I'd really like to know what is means, and why he was so good at it.

Whisky a Go Go was a club/pub in Brisbane. It got firebombed in about 1980. 15 people were killed.

Rogerson had a reputation of being able to get bad guys to talk/confess etc. when other cops couldn't. It was rumoured that he loaded them up, bashed them and used other unscrupulous methods to get the confessions. At the end of the day.......he got the confessions.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Interesting.

So basically the choice is have nasty cops who are basically criminals themselves, or let the criminals win. I guess that's pretty obvious when you think about it.

Fibroman

First Grade
B-Tron 3000 said:
Interesting.

So basically the choice is have nasty cops who are basically criminals themselves, or let the criminals win. I guess that's pretty obvious when you think about it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

If a cop steals all the drugs and money from a known drug dealer then the dealer will be put out of business, at least for a period of time. Hopefully the cop flushes the drugs down the toilet and there will be some happy fish swimming around off Bondi.

In a perfect world, I personally wouldn't have any problem whatsoever if cops were given cart blanche authority to go and kick in the doors of every drug dealer in this country, flush the drugs and give the money to the Salvation Army. I have got an attitude problem though, and I know a lot of people would disagree with my opinion.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Bipolar disorder, according to a report on Sky News.

It doesn't justify it, but you can start to understand his head space.

Dutchy

Immortal
Just thought of the reason why knights could never win whens Johns was injured.

Joey Supplied the Ex factor

/bad taste jokes

Sorry