What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

lockyrulz

Juniors
ToiletDuck said:
You're not thinking. YOU are making judgements about a person and his use of drug(s) with no knowledge of the psych and physical affects of the drugs mentioned.
Criminology, last i checked, doesn't involve the ins-and-outs of psych and science of drug use.
You couldn't tell me the difference in MOA of any 'common drugs'.

What like all the judgements you have made about myself and others?

I am not a chemist no. I have studied and worked in a field where drugs are prevalant, and their social effects significant. That is what I base my comments on.

My comments in regrds to Johns amount to little more than he is an idiot for taking drugs. I am more than satisfied that both my studies and real life experience give me the necessary information to make that claim.

And FYI, Criminology does involve the ins and outs of psych and drug use. At least my course did.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Timmah said:
Easy enough for all of you to turn this on Mason.

Does that justify what Andrew did?

Noone said that...everyone is just reacting to your head in the clouds/sand, one-eyed view on things. Mason is an example. If you think, for one second, that Johns is alone in this, then you're warped...though you probably enjoy it that way. Ignorance is bliss eh.

No it doesnt justify that but nasons probably an easy example..just saying that these young men are as open to the temptation as anyonme else out in the clubs n niteclubs.Johns got caught with an illegal drug..last weekend i bet there were other players doing exactly the same thing

ToiletDuck

Juniors
lockyrulz said:
What like all the judgements you have made about myself and others?

I am not a chemist no. I have studied and worked in a field where drugs are prevalant, and their social effects significant. That is what I base my comments on.

My comments in regrds to Johns amount to little more than he is an idiot for taking drugs. I am more than satisfied that both my studies and real life experience give me the necessary information to make that claim.

And FYI, Criminology does involve the ins and outs of psych and drug use. At least my course did.

Wow, sorry expert. I've read your posts, if it did as you say, then you obviously ignored your lessons.

Johns may be an idiot for doing so, but the amount of criticism you and others have heaped on him is WAY over the top.

Shorty

Staff member
The thing is if it was and it was found out about Willie would Timmah personally attack and insult people for thinking it was a pretty low thing for him to do drugs?

Would he presume to know every single one of the people that disagree with his stance on drugs?

lockyrulz

Juniors
ToiletDuck said:
Wow, sorry expert. I've read your posts, if it did as you say, then you obviously ignored your lessons.

Johns may be an idiot for doing so, but the amount of criticism you and others have heaped on him is WAY over the top.

Apology accepted.

As I said, my posts about Johns was that he was an idiot for taking drugs. My posts about you wre that you made baseless assumptions about others views.

Seeing as you admit he is an idiot for taking them than apparently we agree.

As you clearly have no idea about the level of education or personal experience about anyone else here, then I guess you bum out on that one too.

Please tell me which claim I have made regarding Johns's drug taking that is incorrect so I can learn for the future.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
By the way, recent headlines regarding Johns' doctor 'admitting' he knew AJ had a drug problem. Words such as 'shocking admission' have been used, like it's somehow got anything to do with his Doc.
Have any of these journo's heard of Dr-Patient confidentiality? It is illegal for AJ's Dr to disclose any information about him. Why the hell this is now an issue is beyond me. All it does is prove AJ has had a problem(s) for a long time now.

Basically, for Doctors, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

lockyrulz

Juniors
ToiletDuck said:
By the way, recent headlines regarding Johns' doctor 'admitting' he knew AJ had a drug problem. Words such as 'shocking admission' have been used, like it's somehow got anything to do with his Doc.
Have any of these journo's heard of Dr-Patient confidentiality? It is illegal for AJ's Dr to disclose any information about him. Why the hell this is now an issue is beyond me. All it does is prove AJ has had a problem(s) for a long time now.

Basically, for Doctors, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I agree. If doctors abandoned patient confidentiality in this way, then it would simply encourage less doctor visits and consequently increase the pursuant social problems caused by drugs.

At least I think I think that, it could be the result of a goverment mind controlling probe or something.

ockham

Juniors
It is hardly a surprise.

Respect to Joey. Well done mate for taking it on the chin. I expect Joey can get on with his life now.

I think Joey's life is looking better than the NRL's. This is knife-edge stuff. Competitive market advantage is everything. The impact of this will be felt for years. If the NRL doesn't get the response right... it is all over.

It puts the whingeing knights un-fans into perspective. They can bitch all they like about Brian Smith and how/who he has been getting rid of. BUT as a local it is widespread knowledge that the Knights are a boozy club. The drugs are suspected. If this is what Smithy is getting rid of then good luck to him. If he doesn't succeed, the knights are finished.

Packy

Bench
Menace said:
You dont think the "immortals" were squeaky clean do you?

Drugs we're around, although not as prominent or accessible, but they we're there.

Alcohol abuse was rife at this time, and all the associated problems were prominent. i.e wife abuse.

The old "what goes on tour stays on tour" motto was in full effect during this time that these "immortals" we're involved in the game. How many women did these "married" men bed? How many drunken brawls erupted? How many motels, pubs and such we're trashed on tours they we're involved in? During the 50s,60s,70s, even 80s these things we're not talked about or reported. It was a code of silence.

What about racism? It was prominent in society and in the game during this supposed "golden era" of rugby league. You cant tell me all those "immortals" were open minded, tolerant men. Sorry, i forgot, we dont like talking about that.

I'm not accusing these men of anything, just stating what was around during the time they played, and you'd be foolish to think all these "immortals" had no skeletons in their closet, that by todays standards would make popping a pill look tame.

Based on what he did on the field, then yes Andrew Johns is an immortal.

Indeed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I fail to see where I've denied Mason may be involved or that the problem may be widespread. I'm simply saying that bringing it up now serves no purpose to clear Johns.

Tom Shines

First Grade
ockham said:
It puts the whingeing knights un-fans into perspective. They can bitch all they like about Brian Smith and how/who he has been getting rid of. BUT as a local it is widespread knowledge that the Knights are a boozy club. The drugs are suspected. If this is what Smithy is getting rid of then good luck to him. If he doesn't succeed, the knights are finished.
I hate the Newcastle Circlejerk, but I think Smith was definitely right.
The team's problems have been glossed over for so long because they had Johns. Now without him they are exposed for the frauds that they are.

Tom Shines

First Grade
The team has a culture problem. A problem with alcohol and drugs. Andrew Johns has a problem with alcohol and drugs. Smith wants to change this culture.

Capiche?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
thatd be the general newie culture woudlnt it? (this is an uninformed post, and a geniuine question, keep that in mind plz)

Packy

Bench
This thread has officially jumped the shark.

We agree to disagree. That's not an easy way out of the issue. It's a fact.

Let's go back to footy. There is a game about to start.

gregstar

Referee
ockham said:

I think Joey's life is looking better than the NRL's. This is knife-edge stuff. Competitive market advantage is everything. The impact of this will be felt for years. If the NRL doesn't get the response right... it is all over.

great post - one of the best in this thread.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Wheelsy said:
The team has a culture problem. A problem with alcohol and drugs. Andrew Johns has a problem with alcohol and drugs. Smith wants to change this culture.

Capiche?

Get f**ked you f**king Cop Out!!

Are you trying to tell me that the knight are the only team in the NRL!! that has a drug and Alcohol Problem!!! You must live in freaking shell then mate!!!

Those 2 issues are the forefront of clubs issues in every team..and im only talking about the NRL!! your local rugby league comp, the country teams in every freaking state of this country have these issues!!! it is a freaking culture that in no small feat..will ever be fixed!!

ur a f**king dickhead mate if you think the knights are the only team to have an issue with this!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
what about the young footballers, some who are about to start getting serious about their footy, they get offered some gear and whats the bet some of them think "well f**k it, joey only got caught cause he confessed, he got away with it for 12 years, ill be right"