What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I tried to break his leg"

Who did Dane Tilse try to deliberately maim on the field?

Originally Posted by skeepe
f**king thug. Despicable human being. He has no place in the man's game, because he isn't a man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_Tilse

Controversy

Dane Tilse and other Newcastle Knights players were involved in a drunken incident in Bathurst, New South Wales in 2005 in which a 19-year-old woman alleged she was sexually assaulted. Although no official complaint was made and police did not lay any charges, the Newcastle board sacked Tilse and issued fines totalling $50,000 against 12 players over the incident at Charles Sturt University for breaching the club curfew.[1][2] Tilse was also de-registered by the NRL for a period of twelve months.[3]
Amidst the controversy, the Knights terminated 20-year-old Dane Tilse's contract for conduct "contrary and prejudicial to the club and the NRL".
Tilse has since apologised for his part in the drunken rampage

Then try and find the woman's account of events on ABC's FOUR CORNERS program from 11.05.2009.

Here's the transcript:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2009/s2567972.htm

Minor excerpt:

SARAH FERGUSON: Caroline, as we'll call her, had just moved into the university dorm.

CAROLINE: My recollection is I mean leaning on my brother, him taking me up the stairs. And he said to me the next day that he'd actually made a point of not locking my door so that, in case I needed to get out in the night. In case I needed to be sick or go to the toilet or get a glass of water.

SARAH FERGUSON: The Knights were staying in a hotel next door, 12 of the players broke curfew and went on a rampage around the dorm.

KURT GIDLEY, CAPTAIN NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS: I remember it was early shut up we ended up having a few beers back at the hotel in a room, and I think it was actually down the road. It might have been next door. I think there was actually a few uni students having a beer, so we thought it might be alright just to go down.

And it was actually outdoors for a start. There didn't seem to be too much harm in it at the time but obviously there was a few things that weren't right.

SARAH FERGUSON: One of the players peeled off from the group and walked into a girl's room.

CAROLINE: As I'm lying there face down, arms out on the bed, head on the pillow, he climbs on top of me and straddles me and sits um, sort of on my thighs.

He started to rub my back and like just using the word makes me feel sick but he was caressing my back and saying in like this sort of um, soft voice, "roll over, roll over, you'll enjoy it, just roll over, just roll over". He kept saying that "just roll over, just roll over."

And then he started to put his hands around me between my body and the mattress like in front of me, my front. And doing the same things to the front of me that he was doing to my back.

He, he put his hands down to, I don't know, what do you say? Touched my private parts.

SARAH FERGUSON: So when that happened what did you do then?

CAROLINE: He obviously picked up then that I was really starting to get stressed cause I was saying you know get off, get off, who are you, get out, who are you, get off. And really started to try, try and sort of struggle, like get up on my elbows and try and get him off. And eventually he got off and walked out the door and left the door open.

(Excerpt of footage from ABC News, 2005)

REPORTER: For a place where many students study communications, it was hard to get a word out of anybody today.

(End of Excerpt)

SARAH FERGUSON: The story of the Newcastle players' drunken night got out the next day, the media quickly focused on rumours that rookie player Dane Tilse may have been involved in an assault on a student.

CAROLINE: I went into where my brother was and told him what happened.

SARAH FERGUSON: What did your brother say? Did he think that you should go to the police?

CAROLINE: (Crying) My poor brother. He felt so bad for not locking that door. He felt so bad. Um he didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted everyone just to shut up about it really.

SARAH FERGUSON: Caroline initially went to the police.

(Excerpt of News footage)

POLICE OFFICER: It is a criminal investigation, we have interviewed the alleged victim and we are in the process of interviewing a number of witnesses.

(End of Excerpt)

SARAH FERGUSON: But she decided not to press charges.

CAROLINE: There is no way. It's not like if he was just another guy. I would be going up against him. If I'm going up against Dane Tilse, I'm going up against him, the football team, the NRL, their fans, I'm not going to take that on.

So your comment Despicable human being. He has no place in the man's game, because he isn't a man. could easily be directed towards Dane Tilse, one of your own. Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot, is it? Go on, throw some more shit...I dare you!

skeepe

Immortal
He was at the Knights then. That sort of behavior is par for the course at Drugcastle. It was also 6 years ago.

If Luke stays completely clean for 6 years, then you might have a point.

Originally Posted by skeepe
f**king thug. Despicable human being. He has no place in the man's game, because he isn't a man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_Tilse

Controversy

Dane Tilse and other Newcastle Knights players were involved in a drunken incident in Bathurst, New South Wales in 2005 in which a 19-year-old woman alleged she was sexually assaulted. Although no official complaint was made and police did not lay any charges, the Newcastle board sacked Tilse and issued fines totalling $50,000 against 12 players over the incident at Charles Sturt University for breaching the club curfew.[1][2] Tilse was also de-registered by the NRL for a period of twelve months.[3]
Amidst the controversy, the Knights terminated 20-year-old Dane Tilse's contract for conduct "contrary and prejudicial to the club and the NRL".
Tilse has since apologised for his part in the drunken rampage

Then try and find the woman's account of events on ABC's FOUR CORNERS program from 11.05.2009.

Here's the transcript:

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2009/s2567972.htm

Minor excerpt:

SARAH FERGUSON: Caroline, as we'll call her, had just moved into the university dorm.

CAROLINE: My recollection is I mean leaning on my brother, him taking me up the stairs. And he said to me the next day that he'd actually made a point of not locking my door so that, in case I needed to get out in the night. In case I needed to be sick or go to the toilet or get a glass of water.

SARAH FERGUSON: The Knights were staying in a hotel next door, 12 of the players broke curfew and went on a rampage around the dorm.

KURT GIDLEY, CAPTAIN NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS: I remember it was early shut up we ended up having a few beers back at the hotel in a room, and I think it was actually down the road. It might have been next door. I think there was actually a few uni students having a beer, so we thought it might be alright just to go down.

And it was actually outdoors for a start. There didn't seem to be too much harm in it at the time but obviously there was a few things that weren't right.

SARAH FERGUSON: One of the players peeled off from the group and walked into a girl's room.

CAROLINE: As I'm lying there face down, arms out on the bed, head on the pillow, he climbs on top of me and straddles me and sits um, sort of on my thighs.

He started to rub my back and like just using the word makes me feel sick but he was caressing my back and saying in like this sort of um, soft voice, "roll over, roll over, you'll enjoy it, just roll over, just roll over". He kept saying that "just roll over, just roll over."

And then he started to put his hands around me between my body and the mattress like in front of me, my front. And doing the same things to the front of me that he was doing to my back.

He, he put his hands down to, I don't know, what do you say? Touched my private parts.

SARAH FERGUSON: So when that happened what did you do then?

CAROLINE: He obviously picked up then that I was really starting to get stressed cause I was saying you know get off, get off, who are you, get out, who are you, get off. And really started to try, try and sort of struggle, like get up on my elbows and try and get him off. And eventually he got off and walked out the door and left the door open.

(Excerpt of footage from ABC News, 2005)

REPORTER: For a place where many students study communications, it was hard to get a word out of anybody today.

(End of Excerpt)

SARAH FERGUSON: The story of the Newcastle players' drunken night got out the next day, the media quickly focused on rumours that rookie player Dane Tilse may have been involved in an assault on a student.

CAROLINE: I went into where my brother was and told him what happened.

SARAH FERGUSON: What did your brother say? Did he think that you should go to the police?

CAROLINE: (Crying) My poor brother. He felt so bad for not locking that door. He felt so bad. Um he didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted everyone just to shut up about it really.

SARAH FERGUSON: Caroline initially went to the police.

(Excerpt of News footage)

POLICE OFFICER: It is a criminal investigation, we have interviewed the alleged victim and we are in the process of interviewing a number of witnesses.

(End of Excerpt)

SARAH FERGUSON: But she decided not to press charges.

CAROLINE: There is no way. It's not like if he was just another guy. I would be going up against him. If I'm going up against Dane Tilse, I'm going up against him, the football team, the NRL, their fans, I'm not going to take that on.

So your comment Despicable human being. He has no place in the man's game, because he isn't a man. could easily be directed towards Dane Tilse, one of your own. Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot, is it? Go on, throw some more shit...I dare you!

Tilse was the fall guy.He took the wrap for about 5 other players including one former NSW rep at the time who was getting married within weeks.