What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Vuna out this weekend?

seedy

Juniors
Could this sunday's clash against the top of the table Roosters be the game many Knights fans have been waiting for!!Will coach Smith send the call out for Uate to step up to the big time and make his long awaited debut with Cooper Vuna limping off against the Cowboys last night with a calf injury.Please please please let it be so unleash the beast we have in NSW Cup!

shane1970

Juniors
Apparently only cramps suffered by Vuna - so I wouldn't be expecting 'The Beast' to be unleashed just yet - UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!!!!

Pumba

First Grade
Uate may get his chance
By Barry Toohey

AN injury concern over Kiwi winger Cooper Vuna could open the door for excitment machine Aku Uate to make his top-grade debut for the Newcastle Knights against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday.

Vuna limped from the field during the Knights' win over North Queensland on Monday night in Townsville with what appeared to be a severe case of cramp. But Knights doctor Peter McGeoch said last night Vuna may have also suffered a calf injury.

Vuna was yesterday named in the Knights squad for the Roosters clash at EnergyAustralia Stadium but if he is ruled out, Uate and Junior Sau would come into contention. Sau scored two tries on debut for the club in the centres against the Bulldogs.

There are also fitness question marks over centre Adam MacDougall (calf) and prop Dan Tolar (rib cartilage) but both are expected to to be cleared by Sunday.

NSW Origin prop Ben Cross was named as 18th man yesterday but is certain to come into the side provided he is cleared following thumb surgery

Link

NthKnight

Pure speculation. There is no reason to believe that Smith will play Uate this weekend, it is far more likely that he would bring in Sau and push Wes to the wing but then again Im just guessing. Does that mean I can get a gig at the Tele? :sarcasm:

Pika

Bench
If you have a shred of integrity than you can rule out any position at the telegraph.

BG

Juniors
Pure speculation. There is no reason to believe that Smith will play Uate this weekend, it is far more likely that he would bring in Sau and push Wes to the wing but then again Im just guessing. Does that mean I can get a gig at the Tele? :sarcasm:

Don't get ahead of yourself there. You prefaced your thoughts with the disclaimer that it was pure speculation. The speculation itself was reasonable given no inside information. You need more practise presenting wild guesswork, unattributed quotes and coerced letters by nine-year-olds as concrete evidence before entertaining such lofty aspirations.

MSKnight

Juniors
It would be smart if Smith did keep it hush hush this week. Although the Roosters would have some idea, he would be targetted.

perverse

Referee
smith definitely wont come out and say it the week of aku's debut... it will be kept under lock and key.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I can't see any reasoning behing putting Aku in the side. Sau had an awesome debut and deserves another recall if they put Aku in over him then frankly ill be pissed. I doubt whether Aku would play that good and against the Roosters in a big game for us I don't see why Smith would risk it, its just not logical.

roopy

Referee
I can't see any reasoning behing putting Aku in the side. Sau had an awesome debut and deserves another recall if they put Aku in over him then frankly ill be pissed. I doubt whether Aku would play that good and against the Roosters in a big game for us I don't see why Smith would risk it, its just not logical.
They have to give him a run sometime.
If we were leading the comp we would have the luxury of dropping him into an easy game, but we have no easy games.
Throw him in there - he can't have a worse debut than Kurt Gidley had, and he came out alright in the end.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
They have to give him a run sometime.
If we were leading the comp we would have the luxury of dropping him into an easy game, but we have no easy games.
Throw him in there - he can't have a worse debut than Kurt Gidley had, and he came out alright in the end.

But why leave Sau out? What did he do? It's a big gamble.

roopy

Referee
But why leave Sau out? What did he do? It's a big gamble.
I think Sau could be a fantastic winger.
He looks short because he is solid, but the guy is 180cm, which is taller than a dozen other NRL wingers i can think of, but he is not being considered for the wing for some reason.
I see him as a guy who will get the ball and go like hell for the line, which spells winger to me.

Latest posts