What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Hindmarsh likely to return to Eels

eelsta

Bench
Eelementary said:
Why do we need Jason Cayless?

We have Fuifui Moimoi. Have you not been paying attention to his sheer brilliance? :fist:

Sorry. Crappy day.

Calm down:fist: of course i see fui's sheer brilliance:sarcasm:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ian wouldnt be a good buy, but I wouldnt really go excited about it. He is 30, he might last 1-2 years.

If thats the case, yet another ex eel returning, its like a boomerang this club.

mickdo

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Ian wouldnt be a good buy, but I wouldnt really go excited about it. He is 30, he might last 1-2 years.

If thats the case, yet another ex eel returning, its like a boomerang this club.
He's 29 I think

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ian would compliment Nathans game, Nathan would'nt have to make the amount of tackles if Ian was here.

Ian is a very good player, and still has quite a few good years left.

f**k people have short memories, who says our juniors well step up?

eel4life

Juniors
You are right Ron people do have a short memory, Ian was great at our club he did allot of dirty work, we need players like this he is a great defender.

What about Morro he played for the cowboys and a majority of the time they were crap doesnt mean the player is crap.

Cowboys have only had 2 good solid years in the NRL. 2004, 2005 and look at them this year, would you still take any of them if they were off contract?

We bought in Morro so i guess was that luck or a master stroke by the club?

Phillips

Referee
Ian was great for us between 1998/2002

its now 2006, so get with the times

and wtf has Morrison got to do with this topic, comparing his name to Ian Hindmarsh is an insult, Morrison will always be the better player

Hurriflatch

Referee
Ian is the excate type of player Parra need

He will be cheap enough so as not to put a major dent in the salary cap but he is also good enough and has something Taia, Hauraki, Cordoba, Oake and even to a degree Tsoulos, Moimoi and Cannings don't have and that is experience.

If The likes of Weller and Taia don't step up everyone knows excatly what they will get out of Ian sure he may not put on a Benji flick pass to win the comp but he won't lose Parra any games either.

eel4life

Juniors
The comparison is this, when he gets here and he does well it will be people like you who will jump on the wagon for him.

It will be a good signing, he is a solid player and he will prove it when he gets back in the NRL.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Um i heard he was pretty much set to go to the Raiders pending a release from his contract overseas...

bradeel

Juniors
would be awesome to have Ian Hindy back at the club. Really hope this happens. A perfect replacement for Morro. No doubt, it'd make his brother happy too which is worth a mega-contract alone...

yy_cheng

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
he may not put on a Benji flick pass to win the comp but he won't lose Parra any games either.

And he will lighten Hindy's workload so he can score tries like he did last weekend.

yy_cheng

Coach
Eelementary said:
Why do we need Jason Cayless?

We have Fuifui Moimoi. Have you not been paying attention to his sheer brilliance? :fist:

Sorry. Crappy day.
The thing is Moimoi can't play a full 80 at the pace. When he goes off, our go forward deminishes exponentially.

Jaycay is a similar hard runner like moimoi.

So what's wrong with having more than one.

Watching the Saints vs Dogs match, O'Meley, Asotasi and Mason just kept hamering the dragqueens. They were relentless. Folkes uses the interchange bench really well and tries to keep 2 of them out there at all times and they just kept bashing a good dragon's pack. Even Bailey was getting hammered.

Once Moimoi comes off for us. We lose alot of sting. We need at least another moimoi like player to come on and do what moimoi does.

For mine, I hope it will be azza or zeb next year. But JC will fit the bill nicely.

Gronk

Staff member
Hindmarsh reunion on the cards at Eels

July 28, 2006 - 6:31PM

Nathan Hindmarsh has welcomed news older brother Ian could make an unexpected NRL return for Parramatta.

Ian Hindmarsh, who has been playing for Les Catalans in the English Super League, has received interest from the Eels after signalling his intention to return to Australia.

"I've spoken to him a few times about returning ... yeah, it wouldn't be a bad idea," Nathan Hindmarsh said of the prospect of reuniting with his brother at the Eels.

"We do (keep in contact) but not so much the last three weeks, we've both been busy.

"It was disappointing to see him (leave) because he's a great player, great defender.

"It's a business and he obviously got a better deal in Canberra.

"He loves the farm, that's probably the main reason he wants to get back, he's got a farm up and running in Cowra now.

"We don't normally talk about footy but I might do.

"It could be (good), we'll have to wait and see."

Asked if he would try to persuade his brother to re-join the blue and golds, Hindmarsh quipped: "I might do now.

"It depends on what state he's in, he's getting a bit old now, it depends on what he's like."

Ian Hindmarsh, who will be 29 next week, played for the Eels from 1998-2002 before salary cap restrictions forced a switch to Canberra, where he played for three seasons.

Canberra was initially interested in luring him back to the nation's capital in a direct swap for veteran lock Jason Croker, who is considering joining the French team.

However, Raiders officials ruled out the move after baulking at the second rower's asking price.

Manager Chris Orr said there was some interest from Manly, Wests Tigers and Penrith, but indicated Parramatta was Hindmarsh's likely destination.

"Parramatta is the favourite," Orr said.

"It would be very inviting to play with your brother.

"Parramatta seem pretty keen on the idea as well."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...e-cards-at-Eels/2006/07/28/1153816376988.html

Ian is aanother working type back rower that we don't need. We already have robinson and Wagon who are defensive. It's about time we get some skill factor into the Pack.

oneguy

Juniors
i agree with ParraDude_Jay sentiment, but wouldn't go as far as calling Eels Morons etc.

Ian, the unsung hero was my favourite in the past, but that was then. Doesn't sound like he's coming that cheap.

If he does come, well and good, but don't think he should.