What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Hindmarsh likely to return to Eels

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i was very upset when we let him go in the first place but 4 yrs on he's good enough to come back :crazy: i dont understand the logic what makes him good enough now 4 yrs later how's his form been in england.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
PDJ: If Finch fires up and plays great or Lowrie scores the winning try in the Grand Final or Ian pulls off 5 try savers in a match

I'm betting you'll be the 1st one to praise them and say you knew all along they would be great

No mate I'd admit I was wrong, just like I did with Lyon.

cardinal said:
Your a joke jay Ian Hindmarsh is a better footballer than Robbo, and I know the opposition would rather play Robbo than Ian. Finch will be a revelation at 5/8 and Lowrie will be a great buy, watch him tonight. Little bit too negative I think, have a look at some other clubs gains and losses before jumping up and down about our situation.

Do you watch Catalans in Super League? No? Well what would you know about Ian Hindmarsh? I follow the super league competition, I've seen his form and it's terrible. Chad Robinson this year is 10 times better than Ian Hindmarsh has been for the past 2 years, and I'm pretty critical of Robbo. Ian is very unfit and lazy on the field, he would put even more pressure on Nathan rather than take any off him. Also, Catalans are running second last in the ESL, yet they're still keen on releasing him, doesn't that say anything to you? Seriously, before you tell me I'm a joke, just watch Ian play.

If Ian signs then our recruitment, apart from Lowrie who is still young enough to have some sort of an impact, has been based around rejects who nobody else is stupid enough to sign.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
i was very upset when we let him go in the first place but 4 yrs on he's good enough to come back :crazy: i dont understand the logic what makes him good enough now 4 yrs later how's his form been in england.

the logic is that the person who didn't want him at the club has picked up his bat and gone home and being replaced by the person who wants him here.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
the logic is that the person who didn't want him at the club has picked up his bat and gone home and being replaced by the person who wants him here.
far enough as i said i was very upset when he left another smithy masterstroke :x wonder what coin he'd be after we dont pay over's at parra remember ;-)

cardinal

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
No mate I'd admit I was wrong, just like I did with Lyon.

Do you watch Catalans in Super League? No? Well what would you know about Ian Hindmarsh? I follow the super league competition, I've seen his form and it's terrible. Chad Robinson this year is 10 times better than Ian Hindmarsh has been for the past 2 years, and I'm pretty critical of Robbo. Ian is very unfit and lazy on the field, he would put even more pressure on Nathan rather than take any off him. Also, Catalans are running second last in the ESL, yet they're still keen on releasing him, doesn't that say anything to you?

Seriously, before you tell me I'm a joke, just watch Ian play. If Ian signs then our recruitment, apart from Lowrie who is still young enough to have some sort of an impact, has been based around rejects who nobody else is stupid enough to sign.

Yes I have seen Ian play this year you are not the only one to watch esl. Does not look unfit to me and he can never be accused of being lazy. Let him go next to his brother and see the result. Hav'nt I read some negative posts from you about wags in the past what do you think of his form now? Dont be to quick to write off good footballers, they have a habit of showing how little you know about the game.

CrazyEel

Bench
Ian hasn't been in good form for Catalans and is indeed unfit, but that may be due to the fact he is not enjoying himself over there. In any case you could say exactly the same thing about the majority of our forwards earlier in the year.

We have a few more positions avalilable for depth so I don't see what we have to lose and re-uniting with his brother and an opportunity to play top level again may just be the tonic he needs.

I'd be most willing to take the risk on him in the hope that proper training will help recapture his old form, would be a great assett if he can do that.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
cardinal said:
Yes I have seen Ian play this year you are not the only one to watch esl. Does not look unfit to me and he can never be accused of being lazy. Let him go next to his brother and see the result. Hav'nt I read some negative posts from you about wags in the past what do you think of his form now? Dont be to quick to write off good footballers, they have a habit of showing how little you know about the game.

You sure like to insult me :lol: Wagon has had a few good games in a row, that's great and I'm happy he is playing well but let's wait until next year before you start calling these players great.

As for Ian, he is lazy and unfit, he struggles through 20 tackles and 50 minutes a game. The Dragons wouldn't release him if he was such a good player, would they? And if he's so good, why are Canberra laughing at his price? They are struggling for depth as it is. If they can laugh at his price and we're actually willing to pay it then it just justifies calling our club a joke, especially after their "we won't pay overs" stance that saw them stay clear of the likes of Myles and Asotasi.

If Craig Stapleton (who is actually a year younger) is only worth $100k next year, then Ian Hindmarsh should only be worth $50k. We all know that our brilliant management will pay closer to $200k for him, that's why this signing is a joke and also why I don't like it. It also takes away that spare money that was supposed to be used for upgrading the contracts of Hayne, Tim Smith etc.

Really, there are just so many reasons why this is a terrible signing, but because he's Nathan's brother and one of the old boys then it's all lovey dovey from this forum.

cardinal

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
You sure like to insult me :lol: Wagon has had a few good games in a row, that's great and I'm happy he is playing well but let's wait until next year before you start calling these players great.

As for Ian, he is lazy and unfit, he struggles through 20 tackles and 50 minutes a game. The Dragons wouldn't release him if he was such a good player, would they? And if he's so good, why are Canberra laughing at his price? They are struggling for depth as it is. If they can laugh at his price and we're actually willing to pay it then it just justifies calling our club a joke, especially after their "we won't pay overs" stance that saw them stay clear of the likes of Myles and Asotasi.

If Craig Stapleton (who is actually a year younger) is only worth $100k next year, then Ian Hindmarsh should only be worth $50k. We all know that our brilliant management will pay closer to $200k for him, that's why this signing is a joke and also why I don't like it. It also takes away that spare money that was supposed to be used for upgrading the contracts of Hayne, Tim Smith etc.

Really, there are just so many reasons why this is a terrible signing, but because he's Nathan's brother and one of the old boys then it's all lovey dovey from this forum.

Oh we have to wait till next year to see if wags form drops off do we, no point in saying well done for his current form! Good to know you that you know what we are paying for Ian even before the deal is done, must be fitzys best mate. It will be our fitness staff's job to worry about his fitness. Check your facts and you might find Ian has had a niggling injury this year as well, but I am sure you know the inside info on catalans, just like the eels.

Hellsy

Immortal
Ian could come back with a new attitude to footy as well though....
The French and UK play the game with a different outlook to what Australia does, maybe he wants to come back because he ISN'T playing to his potential and feels unfit... you neva know

cardinal

Juniors
By the way jay I don't intend to insult you I just find it frustrating after the crap start to the year now we are playing good football on the field no dramas off the field and management in my opinion making some astute buys for next year, yet still people want to put crap on the club. Nathan Hindmarsh has about 5 good years left and if bringing his brother home helps in the smallest way to seeing him be a one club player I am all for it.

Nikki

Coach
If the media doesnt beat me to it, I should have a clearer idea of what is happening on Monday..

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why do we need Jason Cayless?

We have Fuifui Moimoi. Have you not been paying attention to his sheer brilliance? :fist:

Sorry. Crappy day.

strider

Post Whore
Phillips said:
anyone who thinks Ian will help Nathans game is kidding themselves
yeah - i think we should send nathan out by himself - as if he needs teammates to help