What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian's Insight - 12 November 2004

IanG

Coach
iansinsight.gif

12 November 2004
A Schoolboy crush!
By IanG

This is in light of that news story that has been dominating various media especially talkback radio. I'm talking about the female School Teacher who copped a suspended jail term for having a relationship with a fifteen-year-old student. I'm going to put my two cents worth into the whole debate.

The fact is a lot of young guys at that age have crushes on a teacher or any other older women in their lives. I'm a little surprised it isn't all of us to be honest. I have to admit that I did myself. I'm not going to mention names or any other details, but you get the idea. When I was in my final two years of high school I fancied my History Teacher, not for the teacher aspect, but she was a classic case of mutton dressed up as lamb so to speak.

It wasn't helped by the fact that I was only one of just two guys in the class of fifteen and even one of the girls in the class kept making compliments to her about how good she looked that day. In fact one day I turned around and said to her "Stop Kissing Arse!" and yes I did get into a bit of hot water for it. I copped a bit of an earbashing after class but no big deal no further action, thankfully because I was trying to keep a low profile of myself because to say I didn't leave my previous High School on good terms is an understatement. In fact I wish I could've done my impression of Bret Hart on Vince McMahon to the Deputy Principal before I left.

The other thing about her I have to admit that her accent was a factor in the whole thing too. Then again what guy wouldn't find a foreign accent in a woman rather attractive, probably because it was a blend. It was mostly Australian but it was when she said particular words that you could tell that she came from Scotland.

What I'm really trying to say is that even though I'm not condoning what happened so to speak. It's not unusually for schoolboy crushes to happen and when young guys are in that particular stage of their life it's almost guaranteed to boil over. It's not quite a recipe for disaster but not far off. Before anybody goes out on a limb as asks me anything. Nothing ever happened and I didn't tell her.

I also learned throughout school that it would defiantly be every schoolboy's dream come true because there are about four or five battle-axes for every looker, (Much to my dismay)

"You Lucky Bastard, You Lucky, Lucky Bastard"

Johns Magic

Referee
Some teachers are hot for sure.
My geography teacher for example is not bad. She's English too, so she has an accent.
However I dont fantasise about her.

Hell Bitch

Juniors
All very true I,m sure Ian, but totally irrelevent.

What is relevent is that the ADULT female schoolteacher entertained the minors fantasy. Sick!.... and also has abused the trust of her position.

Wont the young lad be a legend though, bet he has no trouble pulling the girls now!!

antonius

Coach
Think of this. Had the teacher been Male, and the student been Female. The teacher would be in jail. The sentance that woman got further enhances the reputation the legal system has for being a joke.

IanG

Coach
Exactly and as I said I'm not condoning the behaviuor by any means. But was mmaking a few points

a) A Classic case of double standards
b) It's not unusual for crushes
c) Would it have been different had the student been over 16 or eeven 18? Who
knows.

miladi

Juniors
antonius said:
Think of this. Had the teacher been Male, and the student been Female. The teacher would be in jail. The sentance that woman got further enhances the reputation the legal system has for being a joke.

Even in 2004 the double standards apply. A guy goes out with several girls and "scores" and he's a great bloke. A girl does the same and she is a tramp. The world has changed a lot in 100 years, and some things stay the same......................

miladi

Juniors
IanG said:
Exactly and as I said I'm not condoning the behaviuor by any means. But was mmaking a few points

a) A Classic case of double standards
b) It's not unusual for crushes
c) Would it have been different had the student been over 16 or eeven 18? Who
knows.

(c) - would have been no better if the student had been older unless we are talking maybe over 21.....A teacher is in a position of trust and that is inviable. Society standards and mores have been broken down bit by bit over the past 50 years, and this is one more crack in the wall that separates the civilised from the rest of creation...............

MEE

Juniors
This is the second best Ian's insight ever imo. best being 'Oh what a knight' - 1st October

IanG

Coach
MEE said:
This is the second best Ian's insight ever imo. best being 'Oh what a knight' - 1st October
Ok MEE Should I put that down as your vote for best Ian's Insight?