What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC Champions Trophy

Tommy Smith

Referee
JJ said:
Mr Dileep probably overestimates his side in the same way you overestimate yours....

given how sh*t England are, I guess you'd better latch on to someone else...:lol:

GO NZ!! :D might not be as flashy as the WIndies, but you know we're a better side Tommy...
England are the worst ODI side in the world aside from the minnows. That i have no doubt. But then again, aside from one tournament every 4 years, who gives a f**k about ODI cricket.

Test cricket on the other hand, well England can lay claim to being the 2nd best in the world. Certainly better than NZ as evidenced by our monumental 3 nil towelling of you a couple of years ago.

lockyno1

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:
So he has a couple of less than brilliant games after 9 months off and all of a sudden he shouldn't be in the team?

I think he is saying that he would rather McGrath to play in the 4 day games for NSW to get more bowling before the Ashes. I agree with him there.

JJ

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
England are the worst ODI side in the world aside from the minnows. That i have no doubt. But then again, aside from one tournament every 4 years, who gives a f**k about ODI cricket.

Test cricket on the other hand, well England can lay claim to being the 2nd best in the world. Certainly better than NZ as evidenced by our monumental 3 nil towelling of you a couple of years ago.

:shock:

well, you'd give a sh*t if you won any ODI matches... I have too for that reason - bottom line is it pays the bills.

As for that 3-0 towelling, as you well know it was quite a competitive series... where we generally had a bad day or session in each test...

I look forward to England (well anyone for that matter) touring NZ for a test series with a fit Shane Bond playing (I'm not sure which is more likely, Shane Bond staying fit for a series, or someone touring and playing tests :( )

lockyno1

Post Whore
NZ always get hammered in tests as the pie throwing all rounders that bat down to 10 don't work. Vettori and a fit Bond aside I don't think NZ strikes fear into any batsmen!

JJ

Immortal
locky, every day you show us just a little more of how little you know...

now, the likes of Dorey, Tait, Johnson, Lewis, Bracken, Haurtiz, White, and even McGrath and Gillespie hardly have test lineups quaking in their boots either do they??

lockyno1

Post Whore
McGrath, Lee, Tait, Dizzy, and Johnson all strike a lot more fear than lets see Mills for example! When exactly was Dorey or White going to play tests. Hacken is NSW player, enough said.

Tommy Smith

Referee
JJ said:
:shock:

well, you'd give a sh*t if you won any ODI matches... I have too for that reason - bottom line is it pays the bills.

As for that 3-0 towelling, as you well know it was quite a competitive series... where we generally had a bad day or session in each test...

I look forward to England (well anyone for that matter) touring NZ for a test series with a fit Shane Bond playing (I'm not sure which is more likely, Shane Bond staying fit for a series, or someone touring and playing tests :( )
Not really. Does anybody remember the DLF Cup? Gee wasnt that an important trophy...

As for the England-NZ series, it ws a towelling. A towelling for the ages. As expected though because that series was just a warm-up for the following series against the WIndies much like our warm-up series vs the Bangers in preparation for Australia last year. NZ, Bangladesh...same difference.

Now thats quality bait.

JJ

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
As for the England-NZ series, it ws a towelling. A towelling for the ages. As expected though because that series was just a warm-up for the following series against the WIndies much like our warm-up series vs the Bangers in preparation for Australia last year. NZ, Bangladesh...same difference.

Now thats quality bait.

winners are grinners eh :(

Blaze

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
NZ always get hammered in tests as the pie throwing all rounders that bat down to 10 don't work. Vettori and a fit Bond aside I don't think NZ strikes fear into any batsmen!

NFI.

Vettori is a poor test bowler anyway... Pretty much just ties up one end.

NZ test bowling averages in 05/06

Shane Bond 21 wickets at 15.85
Kyle Mills 14 wickets at 18.64
James Franklin 29 wickets at 27.34
Daniel Vettori 23 wickets at 29.08

which one of those bowlers is a pie throwing all rounder?

JJ

Immortal
Blaze said:
NFI.

Vettori is a poor test bowler anyway... Pretty much just ties up one end.

NZ test bowling averages in 2006

Shane Bond 21 wickets at 15.85
Kyle Mills 14 wickets at 18.64
James Franklin 29 wickets at 27.34
Daniel Vettori 23 wickets at 29.08

which one of those bowlers is a pie throwing all rounder?

E) Shane Watson :D
F) Cameron White :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Get me their averages outside of New Zealand FFS. The only reason those averages are even vaguely ok is the fact that they play on seamers pitchers in New Zealand where medium pace crap gets wickets!

Blaze

Juniors
NZ test bowling averages in 05/06 away from home

Shane Bond 13 wickets at 9.23
Kyle Mills 8 wickets at 22.37
James Franklin 21 wickets at 22.90
Chris Martin 15 wickets at 27.93
Daniel Vettori 16 wickets at 31.62

Blaze

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Get me their averages outside of New Zealand FFS. The only reason those averages are even vaguely ok is the fact that they play on seamers pitchers in New Zealand where medium pace crap gets wickets!

Martin, Bond and Franklin all have better averages away from home in that period and Mills has a great average as well...

lockyno1

Post Whore
If they include tests against the Bangers, dear gosh! Anyway, it is a trivial point to be honest. I really could not care.

Blaze

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
If they include tests against the Bangers, dear gosh! Anyway, it is a trivial point to be honest. I really could not care.

don't throw out comments about things you have got NFI about then.

Yes there were a couple of games against ZIM in there that deflate the averages but even your comment about them playing on NZ seamers is way off the mark... Ptiches here have been good since the indian tour at the end of 02.

I still would like to know which one of those bowlers is a pie throwing all rounder...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Which one isn't is a better question! Do we need to remind you how these pie throwers gifted Clarke a hundred in Australia or the fact that they were that bad Dizzy and McGrath got 50's!

JJ

Immortal
locky, sometimes honesty isn't the best policy when have no f**king idea what you're talking about