What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea 4 next game.

TripleM

Juniors
I think that kicking idea is brilliant actually.. it would just give you so much more freedom in your kick, and you could put curve and everything on it.. Though it would mean the PC version would have to be different from the PS2 and XBOX version.

ripper

I suck at golf games,

I agree with Kingling - why the f*** would you want the haka when the average joe will skip them after 1 or 2 times. Waste of time and funding. I would rather have more importiant things

such as:

- Jumping
- Left footed kickers - a must in my opinion
- Franchise or Owner mode - also a must

nz_kid

Juniors
I think that they should have a thing in the game like the boxing games you no how you trian and get points and it makes the boxer better well they should have a thing like that in the next game so when you trian your players get really good

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Kingling funny. :roll:

And before Raider_69 and the forum idiot come in here and criticize me, i've got more than one post now. :roll:

I like the idea of the goalkicking, it gets a bit annoying in sports games after a while, when you can give 10/10 with little effort...

it dosnt matter what you think Mr. 5 posts!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Balmain_Boy said:

And before Raider_69 and the forum idiot come in here and criticize me, i've got more than one post now. :roll:

I like the idea of the goalkicking, it gets a bit annoying in sports games after a while, when you can give 10/10 with little effort...

I was being facaetious. Tell me why did you choose the number 69? Is the motive as immature as I think it is?

Kasper

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
Raider_69 said:
Balmain_Boy said:

I was being facaetious. Tell me why did you choose the number 69? Is the motive as immature as I think it is?
I can answer thatas i read in another thread him explaining it. It is not what you think. It was something like his footy positions are five eight and hooker. Therefore 6 and 9.

mikeyboy

Juniors
Can't say I'm a big fan of threads regarding new ideas when the first game hasn't even come out yet but that goalkicking thing is genius.

It would work perfectly, better kickers having a bigger margin for error.

It works great in Tiger Woods(when your stats are down at least) and you know that when you've hooked, sliced, pulled or pushed it was exactly how you pushed the stick. Brilliant idea.

Blunty

Juniors
It'd be good also using it in the matrix system, helping to do banana kicks and stuff. Fooling the opposing team would be awsome.

Anonymous

Juniors
KINGLING said:
Balmain_Boy said:
Raider_69 said:
Balmain_Boy said:

I can answer thatas i read in another thread him explaining it. It is not what you think. It was something like his footy positions are five eight and hooker. Therefore 6 and 9.

If so fair enough. If not, well...

Any way f*** flaming. But raider let others laugh at your jokes.
No more replies from me, sorry to anyone who doesn't want to read this shit.

[furrycat]

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
KINGLING said:
Balmain_Boy said:
Raider_69 said:
Balmain_Boy said:

If so fair enough. If not, well...

Any way f*** flaming. But raider let others laugh at your jokes.
No more replies from me, sorry to anyone who doesn't want to read this sh*t.

Sorry I just had to see what a big quote'et post would look like.

Underdog

Juniors
Maybe I'm just showing my age but I'd love to find an unlockable "retro" competition much like the old Amco Cup". All the old teams & kits as well as the classic brown and white sipral ball.

Munky

Coach
I would like to see tactics built in, for example the up and in defence or flat attack.

I would also like to see a set play and play creator. I would love to be able to make my five eigth loop around the back off the scrum to make an overlap on the short side and then have my centre run back inside for the short pass. This sort of thing would have to be like Rugby 2001 when you could change what you are doing on the run if it wasn't going to work. In Rugby 2004 the set play is automatic and there is little control of what the players are doing.

The kicking idea is awesome and would add depth to a usually repetitive and simple part of oval ball games (Even AFL games have problems with a decent goal kicking system.)

Bunny Boy

Juniors
Ok here are some of my ideas. Im not going to say they are great as they might not appeal to some, although to me they would make the 2nd game a whole lot better (gee the first one isnt even out yet :shock: )

* Option to use 2 or more players in a single competition.
* Video referee to make the game more realistic
* The whole Channel 9 commentary team with more lines and comments about how a team is going throughout the season
* More realistic faces on players like Fifa 2004 etc
* Left footed kickers to be left footed....
* Crowd chants from the Burrow, Bulldogs Army and so on. They dont need to have specific chants, but atleast "Glory Glory to South Sydney" for a home game and so on to make it very realistic.
* Grand Final, State of Origin etc etc celebrations....

Thats all I have for now.
Opinions ?

Kage

Juniors
i reckon more options in defense would be nice, ie a button to bring the fullback close behind the line if you are expecting a chip or grubber, and pressing the same button again to send him back deep. I am assuming there are less buttons used in defence. since you dont need 2 pass buttons and such, you could have all sorts of different defense styles to toggle on/off.

Red Bear

Referee
Old Teams
Other Stadiums
Create a Stadium mode, similar to the creat a skate park mode on tony hawks. I would make NSO in a second.

dan siego

Juniors
Gothebears idea of create a stadium is pure genius.
However it would have to be a seperate game because an idea like that would need alot of space and would take up heaps on a memory card.

budz

Juniors
I completely and utterly disagree with the idea of using a system similar to the Tiger Woods game. Ive played Tiger Woods 2003 and its an awesome game, but it would be WAY too easy to get goals if it was used. It is way too easy to get straight back and straight forward.

What i think would be a better idea for the goal kicking is one which is used for serving in Tennis Masters Series 2003 (which is a tennis game). What happens in that is that you hold a button down and the power goes up, and as the power goes up the target you have to stop the moving line gets smaller and smaller. That way the shots in front you wouldnt need much power which would make closer shots easier and out wide the margin for error is much higher when its from the sideline.