What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IDEA! - Anti Membership

Sackyhack

Juniors
I joined this forum just a few days ago to vent my frustrations over the Cows sh!tty exit from the finals - and witnessed the torrent of hate and vitriol spat relentlessly toward Manly, and everyone who looks like them.

I've jumped on again after another abhorrent call from the video refs, and amazingly enough, I think I am now witnessing even more venom spewed at Manly; even though they are now on the fecal encrusted end of the stick this time.

DON'T GET ME WRONG! I say F*$k Manly and it's awesome to see; but it has given me a brainwave which I think may go some way towards addressing small crowds, pump some more money into the clubs, and keeping the game strong.

ANTI-MEMBERSHIP! Clubs should embrace the fact that they are going to be at the bottom of some fans list in terms of favoritism, and offer an anti-membership. I think our game generates enough hate, that people would be willing to put a few bucks where their mouths are and celebrate in their hate for that team.

I'm thinking something like a $20-$40, which gets you like a shirt/hat or similar advertising your hate for said team. And also offer discounted tickets (5-10%) to your hated teams home games to come along and cheer for anyone else. I can just see the ocean of anti-Manly t-shirts at games all year (not to mention in the pubs/clubs/buses/streets and anywhere else there exists human life).

I'd be keen... sign me up as a Manly foundation anti-member. While I'm at it, I might put me name down for Dogs, Roosters, Dragons......

Grapple

Bench
I like to show my hatred for the other team by wearing my teams jersey at games. It's a classic sports tactic that works pretty well when you have a few people do it.

Panfas

Juniors
Shut up and take my money!

fry_money.jpg

Sackyhack

Juniors
I like to show my hatred for the other team by wearing my teams jersey at games. It's a classic sports tactic that works pretty well when you have a few people do it.

Yeah, but then you end up with splashes of 14 other teams; and it's not clear which of the two teams playing you are against winning. Get all those guys wearing the same color and it would work heaps better than 1 bloke standing there with his two mates in their [insert your team here] jersey .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Very good idea. I like it just for the shits and giggles!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I'd get an anti Parra membership and troll the anti Parra crowd by wearing my Eels jersey to Parra games. Then I'd say sorry if Parra won.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Wait...so you are going to give your money to the team you hate?

This idea is so outrageous, so extreme, so avant-garde that it just might.....nah.

Sackyhack

Juniors
Wait...so you are going to give your money to the team you hate?.....

You had to point that out didn't you. That is the one flaw in the plan, but I see no other way around it because it would involve financial gain from the use of that companies trademarks/images etc; unless maybe the NRL managed anti memberships (but i don't see them getting involved due to the nature of the concept).

I personally wouldn't mind giving the club money as the ultimate statement of dislike for them. But then again, I have been told I have more dollars than cents (wait... maybe that should be sense...or is it scents? Anyway...)

It really would bring new meaning to the term "a club you love to hate".

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'll take a Tigers anti membership please.

It will go nicely with... my Tigers membership.

Club needs to sort shit out now tbh...