What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea for Away Strip

What do you all think?

• Great Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Load Of crap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

antonius

Coach
Ian, I changed your post, the image didn't work, so I changed it to a link.
Good idea I reckon, using the real Newcastle colours. I voted yes.

knightsgal85

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Link still doesnt work...

The link works for me.

Can you see it now?

awaystrip.jpg

That is a clever idea IanG. It will not cause any controversy among the Goosters folk either, using the true Newcastle colours, with our historical aspects of origin. I like it, & voted accordingly.

astrogirl

First Grade
Thanks for trying to paste the pic knightsgal85, but all I can see is a small box with a red cross through it!

knightsgal85

Juniors
astrogirl said:
Thanks for trying to paste the pic knightsgal85, but all I can see is a small box with a red cross through it!

Apparently, the image didn't work earlier, so that is why Tony changed it to the link. However, both work fine for me.

Hmmm ... let me see, can you see our home jersey below:

knights1.gif

If you cannot see the image of our current home jersey, click on the link below: http://www.nrl.com.au/img/Jerseys/knights1.gif

IanG's suggestion for our new away strip is to replace the blue sections with green & the red sections with brown (if you can try to visualise this without seeing the actual image from the link ;-) ).

astrogirl

First Grade
Thanks!! :D

I can see the pic you pasted in your latest post as well as the one in the link. I wonder what's going on with the other one?! Probably my PC is stuffed.

So green and brown are the "true Newcastle colours" (as antonius put is) huh? I had no idea! It's true that you learn something every day :D

the_knights_rule

First Grade
hey astrogirl i was unable to veiw the link and the pic in knightsgal85's post but i coud see the pic of our regular jersey... weird huh!?

Leasha

Juniors
In theory it's a great idea, but I just can't see it happening - Novocastrians perceive the Knights as a red and blue team, they won't be too willing to forego their colours, even with the abysmal record the away jersey holds!

Big Tim

First Grade
I voted yes, but only if they leave the original Emblem as Red and Blue.

The problem is that we got that white one is cos we have to have a white away jersey, right? So therefore this one wouldnt work for that.

Anyway, I do like it and if we could have it as our away jersey it would be great.

astrogirl

First Grade
the_knights_rule said:
hey astrogirl i was unable to veiw the link and the pic in knightsgal85's post but i coud see the pic of our regular jersey... weird huh!?
Yep! I refuse to even try to explain technology!!! :roll:

Nut

Juniors
Just Copy and Paste the link into ur browser. Geocities has an annoying way of trying to save its images from external linking, but a copy paste should fix this. :D

Encurly

Juniors
I picked Load of Crap, though that's a bit harsher than I would've put it.

Basically
1. I don't think green and brown looks any good;
2. Should keep Newcastle rep teams and Knights separate;
3. The clubs colours are red and blue.

Really we only need an alternate when we're playing someone with mainly dark blue - Roosters, Cowboys, Storm. So a mainly red alternate strip should work. We could do this by removing the bottom blue stripes of the existing home jersey:

photo1.jpg

or by using the reverse of the "traditional strip", something like:

photo2.jpg