What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas for the Footyshow

LeagueNut

First Grade
Grantwhy said:
I may not of been paying 100% attention to todays Sunday Footy Show, but didn't they just spend only 3 minutes of the show talking about the upcoming games?

About:
2 minutes on the Dragons/Sharks (showed the teams)
30 seconds on the Knights/Cowboys (did not show the teams)
30 seconds on the Raiders/Warriors (did not show the teams)

:?:

That's still not a very good job. It looked to me like they ran out of time and rushed the last 3-4 minutes.

That happens every week. The first fifteen-twenty minutes cover Friday & Saturday games, and the last three minutes cover Sunday games. At least the 'middle bits' are footy-related stories though.

Bengal

Juniors
roostersalltheway said:
Since everyone keeps on posting who they think should be on the show and what should be canned and what should stay, i thought id start a thread for people to post what they think would improve the show. After the thread has stopped being posted in i could send it into the footyshow. Either Via email, post, fats sack, whatever you guys think will be more effective. I think getting our ideas to the shows producer would be great.

Here is what i think needs to be changed:

*Stop giving away cars in such stupid segmants like Mario's man of the week and League of their own. Both of those segments are a joke.

*No Talent time is good every now and then. The only way i think this should keep running is if use have proper auditions every week to make it a segmant worth watching.

*Bring back "Reg's Rant". I havnt seen it yet this year. It was a crack up. Reg is also good on the street talks as well. But there is one person who i think tops reg on the street. And thats Robbo. He should get back on the show.

*Daredevil Dudes is another segmant that is good every now and then. They run out of things to do so they just do something which is stupid and boring. They should have this on once a month or so.

*I love watching the "Power Plays" segment. They should make this more longer with more good trys shown. This would definately be a favourite if it lasted 5-10 minutes.

*They should also preview the upcoming games alot slower than they do. They just skim through like footy doesnt exist anymore. They should properly preview every game for a good few minutes.

*Get a few of the retirees on the show to do some out and about work. Girds, Satts and tezza would be great at these types of things. Their House should come back.

*Get a few of the players on the show each week. Not just to play goin goin goooone but to talk some footy. Have a guest host on each week as well.

*I think the boys should start taking off film clips like they used to. I saw the DVD the other day and the boys dressing up as the village people and the backstreet boys really made me crack up.

*I like watching the stories how they go out to a training session for a little kid with a disability or a person with cancer. These are great stories that show how good the players are to the public.

*I think they should do something similar to when they did the armwrestling challenge where each club nominated a player to take place in the knockout. Maybe a 100 metre sprint this time.

*Get bloody Fifi box away from anywhere near the footyshow set.

*Get Mario off unless hes gonna let them torture him like they used to. Thats the only time he made me laugh.

*I think the panel at the moment is good. Fatty and Sterlo are the face of the show. Cheif is alright, except when he keeps on going on about how good newcastle is, and matty is the funniesy bloke on the show in its history.

Thats all i can think of at the moment. Post any of your other ideas here and also emphasise a point that u agree on to show that im not the only one wanting that idea. Hopefully this thread will grow and grow then get to the footyshow in one form or another. Dont argue in this thread, just try and keep it tidy so it is easy to send or email away.

Thanx guys.

Good thread roostersalltheway, with lots of good ideas.

To add I’m a fan of Reg, but I think he’s losing the plot, there is too much of Trent coming out in him, I don’t like his dog on heat antics.
I'm not a fan of the opening music either, they can do better.
The segments, yep, alternate then around a bit to keep it fresh and it would be good to see more stories on the players and personalities of our game also.

Freak

Juniors
I don't mind the show and take it for what it is light hearted entertainment.

Compulsary changes must be;

1. The removal of the closet nerd Chief
2. The removal of Mario and his segments

The 2 biggest sheep that ever existed!!

3. Beat the boys Gooorrnnnee
4. No talent time Goooorrrrnnee
5. DDD Gooorrrrnnne - This was a good segment but they have ran out of good original stuff, and is now past it's use by date

I'd like to see more segments with physical challenges such as the kick for goal 40 out - Junior players! Arm wrestle chalenge, Footy pass chalenge.

I would also like a new segment/competition that looks at teams supporter bases, and rewards good, vocal and fun crowd behavior.
EG: Reg or Vossy in the crowd on a Friday night judging the teams supporter army!!

Timmo

Juniors
I couldn't agree more with Woodgers comment. He is spot on.

I find that there are more subtle references to penises on the show than there are references to football.

I used to watch the footy show, but this year, and most of last year, I just didn't care. It is crap.
I don't understand, I hear people saying things like "reg used to be funny, but now he isn't"
REG WAS NEVER FUNNY! And I also greatly disliked Trent the flight steward. I'm not a fan of Matt Johns' contribution to the show.
I reckon they need to bring Steve Walters (or was it kevin?) onto the show.. He has been a guest once or twice over the years, and he is a very very funny man.
Fatty and Sterlo are not funny. Chief, if he got any less funnier, um.. I don't know how to finish that sentence. Put it this way, people like funny, and the guys on the footy show are not funny. Though I do enjoy seeing Mario Fenech copping some flack.
A lot of people are mentioning Andrew Voss as being the host. Vossy is a mate of mine, and he is a very funny man. He is the most dignified of all the channel 9 rugby league crew. He has a good eye for finding interesting things about rugby league and his ideas are not tacky. Fatty and the boys are a bunch of blokes who have the intelligence of an amoeba. Some bogans find then to be funny. Vossy is a smart fella and I'm sure he would be a great addition to the show.

I think there are two options...
1. Make drastic changes to the footy show so that everyone can enjoy it.
2. Change the name of the show to "The Penis Show" and leave it as is.