What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas for the Footyshow

ortz18

Juniors
Robbo wont come back, i read somewhere that he was going to sue them because they played some scenes without his permission after he had left the show.

Moffo

Referee
I find the show corny and stupid a lot of the time, but its ok to watch if there is nothing else on

blackfriday

Juniors
its all lame now. robbo was great during the time he was there. reg reagan has toned down too much and hes obviously more interested in smelling old pensioners. reg has actually become dead set lame. bryan fletcher doing 'their house' is a shocker and i hope things work out so ryan girdler can come back. theres one bloke i want to see on the footy show again: TERRY HILL! he was bloody funny.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
blackfriday said:
theres one bloke i want to see on the footy show again: TERRY HILL! he was bloody funny.

Me and a couple of my mates were down at the pub with him yesterday arvo and we asked him to come play for our First Grade local side, he refused the offer, said he has had enough footy for now.. :lol:

As for Robbo, he was a classic but i don't think we will see him back on the Footy Show.

Anonymous

Juniors
What happend to Robbo last time I saw him was in 2002.

I reckon Johns is all right just make Reg's sections limited to like two weeks or something.

Fatty is all right some times but isn't as good as he once was.

No more DD or BtB and keep the kids off No Talent time.

btw what was up with that kid at Perisher Blue???

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Yeah i think Reg's street talk is getting a bit stale with his licking of hair and loving old pensioners.

A comedian doesnt have to do the same thing every time to get a laugh but obviously Matt johns has run out of material.

Fibroman

First Grade
Wet Cat and Cheese said:
roostersalltheway said:
*Stop giving away cars

yeah, people hate cars...

Hey wet cat; I love the avatar.

What the show really needs, is for someone to tell the gooses on the panel that they haven't really got that much talent. They should stick to making comments on the game, and leave the comedy to the professionals. The only thing funny about those blokes is that they remembered all the one-liners they've been told.

As much as I hate AFL, at least Trever Marmelade is funny, and Sam Newman has got a genuine, original, dry sense of humour.

Ps. They should use Taipans or Fierce snakes instead of pythons in 'beat the boys' that would fix a few problems with the show.

PPs. They should give away more cars.

Raider_69

Post Whore
woodgers said:
Footy for sure.

Make Fatty and the bell ends sit down and watch the way the AFL show is run. Heaps funnier and relevant to the game. At the moment the show is based around stupid stunts and crap jokes that drag on.

Unfortunately I don't think it will change because Rugby League, like it or not, has a fair element of simpleton supporters who watch the show, and love things like Fatty slipping over on Ski's 150 times and still laugh at it. They love it when dork Vautin forgets his lines. It still rates well so they won't change it.

I mentioned earlier in the year that it needs to be completely canned and started again. They need someone who has off the cuff humour to run the thing, such as Andrew Denton. Have a look at Eddie McGuire, he has heaps of witty and funny things to contribute to the AFL. Then they have a full time comedian, Trevor Marmalade who is over at the bar, he loves AFL, keeps up with the issues and makes wise cracks. That is funny. Not some turnip in a flight stewarts uniform.

I could go on and on....

what he said

Ben

Bench
im still remember when terry hill was trying to say rabbitohs...he is a crack up...bring him back

Ilya

Juniors
I would be able to take all the crap on the show if they just talked about footy throughout the show. Throw the crap in between the footy, so you still get both if the crap is that neccessary. Reg, Reg is the only reason i watch the show, but he's not even funny any more. His rant's were the funniest part of his act before, but now he just sniff's people's hair and makes out with senior citizens.
They don't even have a proper host for the show, a guy that can take over and actually lead the show properly. Fatty is definitely not able to do that, he'd be fine i suppose as a guest host, but not the main guy.
Again though, if they just talk about footy with crap thrown in between, then the show would be ten times better to watch.

Beavis

Juniors
Bring back the footy, it's that simple. Review the previous weeks games, preview the next weeks games, how pharking hard is that.

Quigs

Immortal
I am with Millwall,

Bring back the MOOSE.
pyp5-01.jpg

The MOOSE MOSSOP in a controversy corners section in 1958. Go Nev Charlton, go you good thing.

or a much better idea would be......

Just blow the show up......

bluesmall.gif

Cheers
Quigs

Grantwhy

Juniors
I may not of been paying 100% attention to todays Sunday Footy Show, but didn't they just spend only 3 minutes of the show talking about the upcoming games?

About:
2 minutes on the Dragons/Sharks (showed the teams)
30 seconds on the Knights/Cowboys (did not show the teams)
30 seconds on the Raiders/Warriors (did not show the teams)

:?:

That's still not a very good job. It looked to me like they ran out of time and rushed the last 3-4 minutes.

choc_soldier

Coach
It honestly needs a re-vamp. It's stale.

The Sunday Footy Show... I will always watch that, because they actually do what the title shows... talk about footy. Thursday night is just self indulgant rubbish involving the four hosts... and occasioanly they may just preview Friday nights game, let alone the rest of the round.

Keep segments like No Talent Time and the Power Plays - they are good. Keep Beat The Boys - at least the money goes to a good cause if the boys win it. Daredevil Duds should be a once in a blue moon thing... have a panel, just like the AFL show.

And FFS... talk footy!