What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas thread

spider

Coach
you bit on that inferno

no one could question what the group inject into the club financially

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore
Why not try a three game ticket package.

If one ticket costs $35 offer a deal where for $80 you get a ticket to the next two home games as well.

It may encourage people to front up for the 3 games whereas if they were playing a non drawcard team in the 2nd or 3rd game they may not have gone to the match.

carcharias

Immortal
Even the Masons were looking thin out there the other night.
I hope the team are using this week off to fly to Haiti for some form of voodoo soul cleansing.

Because them winning a few games is our only fugging hope at this stage.

reformedref

Juniors
I agree with a lot of the comments and it basically comes down to the marketing dept or lack thereof.

For the first time ever I bought a season ticket this year. It was such a bloody hassle to get it too - it was almost impossible to get information out of the club about how to purchase it - noone ever returned calls or emails - then when we did purchase it there was no information until we recieved the passes - absolutely no customer service.

I also went to Adelaide - where was the marketing dept organising travel options - hotels to stay at - bbqs with the players - etc etc. How hard would it be to organise a travel group to Adelaide?? Not bloody hard.

The entertainment at the ground is non-existent. You go to other grounds and there is atmosphere before the game - things happening - they build the game up and keep you enetertained. In today's economic climate people want entertainment for their money - we dont get it anymore!!! Glenn Wheeler tries hard but there needs to be more.

Definitely drop the prices for kids - I think we need to look at the models the AFL use to get the kids to the grounds.

Get the players into schools - I teach in the Bankstown area - the Bulldogs players are there constantly - offering talks - clinics - even reading with the kids - the kids love it!!!

It appears that the Board have always opted for the easy out - and here is another example - cut and run for the easy money rather than look at the package you offer supporters and try to get them through the gate.

Pity they dont listen to these forums!!

Surely

Post Whore
The school visits should definately be a big priority, especially in this day and age when kids have a lot of entertainment choices, and not some twice a year bullsh*t it should be weekly even in the off season.

While we are on it Barry could visit universties everyweek and be held up as an example of how not to run a business.

Surely

Post Whore
Maybe we are going about this the wrong way, football obviously isn't one of the clubs strengths, but we'd sure as hell make a good sitcom, something along the lines of the office.

Or along the reality TV theme, The apprentice, we can have camera crews filming the mentoring of b2b by our very own guru, barry pierce.

The other option may be SMS to save your favourite player from the axe.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Dunk%20Tank%20small.jpg

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Lets get the games on the Road.

Papua, Fiji, Cairns, WA, SA, Bris, NZ sth Island.
There are outside broadcast units available to service those places. Surely there is more money at those places rather than bluetongue?

PNG would be the go, we could create a whole nation of Sharks supporters !!!

I also think Botswana would be good, they have a very cool flag.

bc-lgflag.gif

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Titans are moving rapidly into PNG.
The problems that I see with those locations(papua, fiji, are the grounds, broadcast, travel & time zones.
Broadcast units could be custom built to suit in a container, then transported complete. Those units could then service all pac rim islands & papua for years.
Fiji, vanauatu, Samoa, Tonga, solomons etc etc.
The time zone would work for the Saturday 5.30 game live for pac rims or 7.30 live for papua.
The cost of accommodating the broadcast unit is negligible & the Sharks or NRL would have to come to the party for the difference in travel costs for the opposition I guess.
It can be done.

carcharias

Immortal
PNG would be the go, we could create a whole nation of Sharks supporters !!!

I also think Botswana would be good, they have a very cool flag.

bc-lgflag.gif

haha I have been there.

You should have seen my excitement when I saw their flag for the first time.
I crossed though an overland border .

the guards seemed unimpressed when I told them about it.

SirShire

First Grade
It would have to be PNG. Take a Super 14 type concept - if it was our license that went to the PNG I wouldn't be entirely disappointed as it is for the greater good of the game. The economics of it is mind boggling.

Base the team out of Darwin. The re-negotiated TV rights would have to be massive now given the unique nature of the game. Have Clive Palmer own the team in a 51%/49% split with the PNG Government, who have the $ to commit to getting this off the ground and have a stadium built.

Costigan captain to give some real national significance. Lam coach, Mal Meninga in a management capacity. f*ck the ANZAC Day Roosters-Saints clash off into an Australia v Kumuls test there. Amazing.

Possibilities are endless really, and there is almost no risk given the popularity of the game there. And the novelty factor, the audiences would always be huge.

Sadly, I can't see this happening on Gallop's watch.

Weaponhead

Coach
One of the biggest problems the administration has had is that they have defined themselves purely as a football club. The fact is that Cronulla are in the entertainment business whose primary focus is football. There is a massive difference. I find it scandalous that the club has said that there are no other revenue streams available. They are kidding themselves.

In addition to being a football club, Cronulla is a stadium operator. The club has for too long looked at the off season as time between football games. This should be seen as time for summer events.

One of the high profile Sharks supporters is Glenn McGrath. Why not partner with Glenn McGrath to run a 20/20 game with a percentage of profits going to the McGrath Foundation? The club could sell special memberships on the night with $10 going to the McGrath Foundation to raise extra revenue. Make McGrath the face of the membership drive to boost funds for the club and the charity – win/win. With McGraths profile and media contacts it would be easy to get good coverage. He could get his Aussie mates (Stuart Clark and Ricky Ponting are both locals) involved just like the Bush Fire 20/20 at the SCG. Run it in late afternoon for familes with a $100 a head dinner afterwards at the club for punters to mix with players. This would attract a larger group than just locals as the breast cancer issue transcends geographic boundaries, having ex-greats play would attract sports fans form Sydney. This is a straight forward event to run that provides revenue, attracts fans to the ground and club and it builds the brand of the Sharks.

There are plenty of possibilities for this club to explore. Running one event a month in the offseason would provide plenty of additional revenue. It is not that hard to come up with ideas that can get people used to coming to the ground and club if you change the mentality that Shark Park is just a football ground.

The club needs to get it’s head out the sand of just focusing on football and use it’s assets to it advantage to make the business viable. It is no good just blaming fans for not showing up, the club needs to get on the front foot and give the fans something to be excited about.

Latest posts