What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas thread

spider

Coach
Dunno Spider drop the entry a little , get more thru the gate and the punters will spend more on food and drink - thats where the dollars are made - big mark up on a beer and a coke
to a point yes mate, but i cant see those 2 points of sale being directly footy club

food - third party contractors

alcohol - leagues club (which indirectly assists)

Last edited:

spider

Coach
Do they still let kids in for nothing if they have a football pass?
Why not let any kid in for free if they are accompanied by a paying adult.
just had a look at the admission prices for kids - im a bit shocked

under 5 years they get in free - so they should, maybe under 10

5 - 12 years and over is $10 - general admission

seems to be no kids price for the stands (think i remember carch saying he paid full freight for his young bloke)

maybe rather than drop the adult ticket price i think they need to seriously look at kids pricing

think they have been running a $40 family pass of late - which is an attractive offer if im correct

Last edited:

Windy70

Juniors
Unfortunately in this day and age in a family situation everyone is on a budget. They do the math before making a decision on whether to take the kids to the footy. They have other options like tv for free and a fridge full of cheap food and beer.

They talk about numbers. Well 13000 people spending 30 bucks a head is the same as 8600 people spending 45 bucks a head. In a family of 4 thats $60 difference.

Numbers equals atmosphere. People attract people. More into the club after game etc etc.

Definately more interaction between players and the crowd would help.

Make it an experience.

carcharias

Immortal
seems to be no kids price for the stands (think i remember carch saying he paid full freight for his young bloke

yes that is right.

My kid was free to get in to GA but in the stand was $30 ..the same as an adult.
You get them into the stand for free if they sit on your lap.
Now spidie...as a parent you would know how futile that would be to attempt.

I fugged up by buying 2 tix.

there were 4 spare seats to one side of me.

I was ok with paying because I wanted to do my bit for the club .
Next time though it will be just one ticket out of me.

Another thing I was thinking about was gate numbers.
How do they count them?
Is it by tix sales or by when you actually swipe your ticket on entry?
If it is only counted by the turnstyle barcode thing then they are short changing themselves.
I carried my kid through with me and only swiped the one ticket but showed security the 2 tix.
Maybe it is not a huge amount but I suppose it would add up over the season.

spider

Coach
Now spidie...as a parent you would know how futile that would be to attempt.
lol - and then some

the terrible 2's is only a warning shot for when they turn 3 - and we think women can test us to the 'enth degree

i agree carch

Another thing I was thinking about was gate numbers.
How do they count them?
Is it by tix sales or by when you actually swipe your ticket on entry?
If it is only counted by the turnstyle barcode thing then they are short changing themselves.
firstly they account for ALL season tickets and seats sold prior to season commence - as these games have been paid for regradless of the person attending

then there is the sponsors to be accounted for that don't enter through turnstiles

all in all its add a few on here, combined with turnstile numbers, etc

mind you i could be off the mark, im just throwing out my opinion on how its done from talking to people

if anyone knows the process please correct me

The Popper

Bench
My kid was free to get in to GA but in the stand was $30 ..the same as an adult.
Hey, Carch. Where did you have to pay that. They used to have a booth inside the eastern entrance where you could buy ticket into the stand after you'd already entered the ground. I'm sure it was only for the upgrade difference when I last purchased a couple for friends a few years ago. The price you paid sounds like it also included ground entrance. I hope they haven't changed that so they screw the patron for the stand ticket which includes ground entrance too. Fair dinkum, if that's the case it seems like they're pushing to diminish the fan base by screwing the same people over and over again. ...squeezing blood out of a stone. People will get sick of that sort of treatment and won't go to the footy any more if that's the case.

carcharias

Immortal
I paid out the front at the ticket booth thing.

They should have a reduced price for kids in the stand...maybe half price.

The $30 includes the entry price.
The problem is my kid being under 5 is free to general admission.

Like I said though I knew this at the time...I wanted to do my bit.

I drove so it worked out about the same as what I would have spent on beers if I went solo.

Dommie

Juniors
A while ago we had a school reunion at a local pub and it’s got me thinking that a reunion at the footy would be a good night out – register the reunion with the club to get special $10 tickets – the club could have a number of them going each week. Half the people wouldn’t be watching the footy but the atmosphere would be fun and the club would be packed with 30-45 year olds spending up big after the game.

The Popper

Bench
I paid out the front at the ticket booth thing.
They should have a reduced price for kids in the stand...maybe half price.
The $30 includes the entry price.
The problem is my kid being under 5 is free to general admission.
Like I said though I knew this at the time...I wanted to do my bit.
I drove so it worked out about the same as what I would have spent on beers if I went solo.
Fair enough. But if you do it again it would be advisable to check that upgrades are still available inside the ground. That way your kid can get inside the ground for free and then you only have to pay the lesser amount.

carcharias

Immortal
Fair enough. But if you do it again it would be advisable to check that upgrades are still available inside the ground. That way your kid can get inside the ground for free and then you only have to pay the lesser amount.

I dunno if that is possible it is worth checking ... next time I will just go GA .

My kid was pretty much oblivious to the footy anyway.

He liked the hogs breath mascot and the fireworks and looking at his own shadow .
who was I kidding taking him?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I dunno if that is possible it is worth checking ... next time I will just go GA .

My kid was pretty much oblivious to the footy anyway.

He liked the hogs breath mascot and the fireworks and looking at his own shadow .
who was I kidding taking him?

Well if I'm not mistaken you were taking him when he was a mere sprite.

You're just a footyhead carch. You can't wait till the little tacker all geared up for his first U/6 game! :)

Did you get about getting that coaching certificate yet? <<me Frenzy, me long memory>>

Shine on you crazy diamond

Frenzy.

Immortal
Did I write on here about how one little bugger punched the pink pig in the snout at the Raiders game? :lol:

Fuggen funny.

Frenzy.

Immortal
just had a look at the admission prices for kids - im a bit shocked

under 5 years they get in free - so they should, maybe under 10

5 - 12 years and over is $10 - general admission

seems to be no kids price for the stands (think i remember carch saying he paid full freight for his young bloke)

maybe rather than drop the adult ticket price i think they need to seriously look at kids pricing

think they have been running a $40 family pass of late - which is an attractive offer if im correct

It's correct. It's for GA only obviously.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
heres an idea for all those people who go to away games.
f**kem.
Wait until the next home game & use the money from the away game & shout a friend /family member

jc155776

Coach
Along with the advertisment in the free paper each week ad a coupon that can be sent in to win a chance to compete in a bomb catching contest at halftime.

Two people get called up day before the game and get a couple of free tickets, no doubt their mates will want to watch them f**k up and buy some tickets as well. Directly might only mean an extra 10 people, but might get a few more interested.

Gets a good laugh up here in Townsville. Only a 100 doillar prize as well.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Maybe the masons could throw some money into club merchandising rather than buying their own stuff which is actually in opposition to the club trying to make a buck off jerseys, caps etc

Michelle Leslie

Juniors
I like the mermaid nudity theory
I thing there could really be something in an onfield swingers party.

But I think we all know the real drawcard.
A full Christian Mass starting 10 minutes post game.
Simmo would be playing tambourines in the band.
Jason and Paul Stevens conducting the choir.
And.......
A tube of Perkins Paste to sniff for every new convert.

A crowd of thousands.

jc155776

Coach
Yep, because the Masons is doing f**k all to help the club, especially the full bay of season seat Masons members which turn up every week to spend their hard earned.

They are already onto trying to sell out a second bay. How sh*t of them.

It is their fault the club is going broke and not making any money.

What about all those that don't even turn up to the games but rather sit at home watching it on Austar and talking on here.

Inferno

Coach
Maybe the masons could throw some money into club merchandising rather than buying their own stuff which is actually in opposition to the club trying to make a buck off jerseys, caps etc

The vast majority already do own/buy club merchandise.