What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idris - the myth

adamkungl

Immortal
He'ss probably play Origin due to lack of options with Lyon and Cooper out, and Jennings in indifferent form. I'm not usually one to suggest playing someone out of position, but imo Gordon could make a decent go of centre.

thommo4pm

Coach
He won't be In origin, well starting anyway. He plays on the right, same side as gasnier plays on. He has no chance of getting picked ahead of gaz in the centres. Left centre might be j Morris or Jennings.

Molly

Juniors
Dogs are an attack through the middle kind of team. I think he'll be better at the titans. But his defence needs to improve too.

He wont be better at the Titans. The Titans have one of the lamest 9-7-6-1 combos in the league and they are recruitng centres. Give me a break. With Idris and Champion in the centres next year, they will also have no need for wingers either......matter of fact, what do wingers do anyway..!!?.

Last edited:

Borat.

Juniors
Dont get me wrong - he is a good player but he just lacks that speed you need in a centre. His size /height are his biggest attributes.

It is a pity that both Cooper and Lyons are no longer playing rep footy because they would be my first choice centres.

While we are on this topic - what the f**k has Gasnier done to deserve a roll up back to SOO?

He plays for St Merge

adamkungl

Immortal
le Gaz is easily our best centre option, probably even if we had everyone fit. Would have loved to see Lawrence get a run, poor bastard

Jason Maher

Immortal
Gaz and Lawrence would be the ideal pairing for mine. Someone should sue Chris Lawrence for getting injured and putting us in a position where bitch tits could actually be selected.

ellskimore

Juniors
I like Idris, good personality and enjoys playing the game and reaching out to the fans. Has had a solid year and definitely caused us some trouble under the high ball last night. Perhaps he gets promoted a little heavy in the media, but he is not to blame for the media attention.

BranVan3000

Coach
He hasn't been around for long, but he seems to go incredibly for about 6 - 8 weeks and then slowly drift off in form

He can be good in attack however the dogs last night didn't set up one backline play to get him involved.

I think he'll be a different player outside Scott prince

Correct.The Dogs 5/8 in particullar had a couple of chances to throw it out wide to Idris who was in a bit of room but inexplicably chose not to. He's a lot faster acrossl the ground than people give him credit for.

jamoss

Juniors
I like his personality and his style of play but im not sure he's quite as good as he gets touted to be.. If it were me id pick him on the bench for origin as he could fill center or forward roles..

juanfarkall

Coach
was talking with a couple of mates and we came to the conclusion that Idris is not much more than a taller, darker version of David Williams but with tits and a funky hair do.

Notaleaver

Juniors
as a bulldogs fan im absolutely ropeable that idris is seen as an awesome player by so many people (which hes not). Hes shocking in every way except under the high ball and getting gus excited.

Latest posts