What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

Lambretta

First Grade
I have bolded the players that wont save you any money, you have to sign players in there place.

Also the cap increased to include a top 30 from 25 so there is another 500k.

Additionally, as you know latrell mitchell and any player who has signed with the roosters post 2017 would have had an increased cap in mind and negotiated something of the like in their contract.

Everyone always complains that top sides are over the cap. There not they are just abusing TPAs better, like the roosters / dogs / broncos always are.

The difference with this situation is that usually the top sides dont pick up the best two players available.

Chooks - Tedesco, Cronk
Broncs - Bird

Other top sides
Sharks - Lost bird, (and barba the year before) no one of note picked up
NQLD - who have they signed, temaire martin?
Melbourne - lost cronk

If you can't see the issue with this then you are blind, if they lose pearce, its a bit meh, but if all they lose is friend then come on.

I understand all you have said - but if the cap increased by $2 million as it seems to have done, that can all be explained.

Friend was on $375,000 in 2013 according to Buzz Slothfield so I doubt he would still be on the same money. If he goes, then the reported $450,000 we are short to sign Cooper could be explained

I'm not saying I am completely ok with any of this - but I see a lot of accusations of cap rorting levelled at the Roosters yet people are seemingly blind to the fact the club has let 6 players go and signed 1.

As I've said before - every club with a strong roster gets accused of cap rorting (except the Sharks funnily enough) so it's hardly surprising.

papabear

Juniors
Nth qld lost kalyn ponga and besides dodgy tribute matches.... where is the complaint there.

The storm... they lost cronk who did they gain.

The roosters cut some nuffies as all clubs do sign the two biggest talents on the market and all is good in the hood. They arent rorting they are abusing tpas.

Its time the nrl change tpas to get rid of them or cap them.

Lambretta

First Grade
Nth qld lost kalyn ponga and besides dodgy tribute matches.... where is the complaint there.

The roosters cut some nuffies as all clubs do sign the two biggest talents on the market and all is good in the hood. They arent rorting they are abusing tpas.

The Roosters have not lost nuffies
They have to cut another player to fit Cronk under the cap

I agree the TPA's need to be looked at - they should be capped too

POPEYE

Coach
Plus the "going the way of Popeye and becoming an old bastard" version of time

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun...... guitar solo....
Was that a bite . . . if so you could take the cap off a Corona with your teeth . . . methinks your joshing, soc maybe but no bastard

POPEYE

Coach
The Roosters have not lost nuffies
They have to cut another player to fit Cronk under the cap

I agree the TPA's need to be looked at - they should be capped too
Dig in ol' mate don't take any shit, there's an explanation for everything . . . I've been saying for years that every club should be allowed a Big 3

Lambretta

First Grade
Was that a bite . . . if so you could take the cap off a Corona with your teeth . . . methinks your joshing, soc maybe but no bastard

Definitely joshing ya old bastard
:p

I use "bastard" in that Aussie way of "he's a good bastard"

julian87

Juniors

Cowboys also signed Martin and Mclean

Storm lose 3 premium players and replace them with (Croft) Hoffman, Kaufusi and Kasiano. That honestly seems a fair indictment of how the salary cap should and does work.

Roosters didn't cut nuffies. They lost Guerra, Evans, Watson and SKD. The 2 more experienced blokes were coming off decent contracts and the 2 younger blokes were commanding more money than Easts were willing to pay. Perhaps Easts just run a tighter ship than most (our supported club included).

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
We have one of the best forward packs in the nrl

8. Mannah
10. Matagi
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13.Brown

14. Scott
15. Edwards

And a more than decent backline

1. Gutherson
2. French
3. Jennings
4. Takairangi
5. Hoffman / semi will be back in may

papabear

Juniors
the only two players who werent uffies but still way way below tedesco and cronk were Guerra and SKD

Guerra is a second rower, probably where there is the most talent in the NRL and least demand for the player that he is.

SKD - Would anyone actually want this bloke at their club?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
the only two players who werent uffies but still way way below tedesco and cronk were Guerra and SKD

Guerra is a second rower, probably where there is the most talent in the NRL and least demand for the player that he is.

SKD - Would anyone actually want this bloke at their club?
Guerra is ultimate plod. Napa isn't much better.