What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronulla must drop out of the NRL due to (alleged) doping charges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Not that I wish it upon them or their fans, but if Cronulla must sit out of the NRL due to alleged doping charges or the consequences thereof, where would fans of Cronulla stand?

Would you keep supporting the club in whatever form it continues on as?
Would you float over to another team?
Would you be angry with the club?
Would you be disgruntled with rugby league or the NRL and go support other sports?
If another team is admitted in Cronulla's place would you follow them?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Peoples thoughts from 2010:

Not that I wish it upon them or their fans, but if Melbourne must sit out of the NRL due to alleged slalary cap charges or the consequences thereof, where would fans of Melbourne stand?

Would you be disgruntled with rugby league or the NRL and go support other sports?
If another team is admitted in Melbourne's place would you follow them?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet, the scenario you have put forward would be worst case scenario, wouldn't wish it on any fellow supporters or teams.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Cool another Cronulla thread, you couldn't post this shit in one of the other 30 Sharks threads ?

The two threads about Cronulla I found were on different topics. Mods punt it to the Cronulla section if need be.

Peoples thoughts from 2010:

Not that I wish it upon them or their fans, but if Melbourne must sit out of the ARLC due to alleged slalary cap charges or the consequences thereof, where would fans of Melbourne stand?

If another team is admitted in Melbourne's place would you follow them?

Cronulla don't have the backing of Newscorp and general will of the NRL to keep them afloat. On the contrary, I reckon the ARLC wouldn't fight too hard to support them if they do end up in deep trouble.

Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet, the scenario you have put forward would be worst case scenario, wouldn't wish it on any fellow supporters or teams.
No, I agree, but it would be interesting to hear how they would feel given the forces involved would be mostly external.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Cronulla don't have the backing of Newscorp and general will of the NRL to keep them afloat. On the contrary, I reckon the ARLC wouldn't fight too hard to support them if they do end up in deep trouble.

Things can change.

Also, Melbourne are no longer connected to newscorp either.
When all players and staff that were at the club from 2005-2010 are gone they will have a truly clean slate.

STORM.99/07

Bench
The thread is about Cronulla NOT another thread on Storm bashing.
Storm fans stuck by their side as I hope shark fans stick by their team.

Eion

First Grade
Mate there are too many variables to answer your question. But in a general sense if the sharks go, I go. Frankly it would be something of a relief. No more mid year rule changes, no more telecrap and weidler, no more having to watch this game bow and scrape to the vocal minority.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
I would hope that the nrl does the right thing and supports the club but if it was to fall then bring the bears back.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Why did this rubbish thread get moved here and not into the numerous scrap heap throw out the sharks threads???

Surely

Post Whore
We could but they are valid questions, sure it attracts brain dead morons like flies to dogshit but still valid.

Myself, I would no longer support the NRL.

Stagger Lee

Bench
While losing Cronulla would undoubtedly be better for the NRL long term and as a St George supporter it would be fkn funny to see the demise of a super league scum club I do worry about the fans however, seriously.

What will make the pain easier to handle for them is that it was brought about by the clubs own actions and so it will be a lot differant to when souths got kicked out of the league. They (the Cronulla fans) would not necessarily take their anger out on the NRL and other teams

What do I know? As a supporter of a team that 'died' in England I can tell you that after the initial pain is gone you do fall back in love with the game again.

While losing Cronulla would undoubtedly be better for the NRL long term and as a St George supporter it would be fkn funny to see the demise of a super league scum club I do worry about the fans however, seriously.

What will make the pain easier to handle for them is that it was brought about by the clubs own actions and so it will be a lot differant to when souths got kicked out of the league. They (the Cronulla fans) would not necessarily take their anger out on the NRL and other teams

What do I know? As a supporter of a team that 'died' in England I can tell you that after the initial pain is gone you do fall back in love with the game again.

Stagger i disagree when your team goes, i believe you go with it, you may watch the game again but the passion is not there, you find other things to do.

If Cronulla Sharks were booted out would i support another team no, would i watch the game probably not, but if the Sharks continued on and not in Cronulla yes i would follow them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts