What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If England lose...

Engine

Juniors
If England lose to PNG next week, do they get relegated from next years tri-nations?

The 18th Man

Juniors
No.

I think it's always to be Australia, New Zealand and England plus the qualifier from that region. Next year's case being Wales after defeating France. That's how it should be for now up until at least other Nation's can be consistently competitive.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
No, but its a shame. I think that thats how it it should work, gives incentive to next weeks fixtures... (atleast it would have, if the Aus V NZ game was the Tournament opener, with Eng V NZ being next week)

JasonE

Bench
I've seen the England team and another seven changes have been made, it's the weakest backline I have ever seen and the bench players are slow and have no mobility. I think png can win this game

RedVee

First Grade
Seriously?
England should and will win.

On the other point, 4 Nations is set as England, NZ & Australia, plus qualifier. Will that change in the future to top 3 from previous 4N + Q??? Who knows, but I'd suggest we would be a long, long way from that happening.

Springs

First Grade
I've seen the England team and another seven changes have been made, it's the weakest backline I have ever seen and the bench players are slow and have no mobility. I think png can win this game

Weaker than PNGs?
Must be why PNG have an all-professional backline right?

DINGb@T

Juniors
Australia, New Zealand and England underwrite the tournament - it's essentially 'their' tournament - and they invite a fourth nation who get paid an appearance fee rather than sharing in the financial risk of holding the tournament. If England were knocked out they'd essentially take their ball with them by withdrawing any financial support etc. It's not going to happen, even if they were beaten by PNG.

mikail-eagle

Bench
The PNG squad from last years PC Cup with Adrian Lam as coach would beat this English Team.

The current squad are just no hopers.

mikail-eagle

Bench
And England would beat Australia without a bent ref. You started the BS so I thought I'd reply lin kind.

Yeh, Its always the refs fault isn't it ?

If it wasn't for a forward pass call be a referee, PNG would haven't beaten England at the 08 world Cup.

westie

Bench
And England would beat Australia without a bent ref. You started the BS so I thought I'd reply lin kind.

If your coach wasn't completely hopeless and you didn't leave a team that would thrash your current one at home, you probably would have won.

league13

Juniors
Forward passes were the norm during the latest NRL season so it was unlikely to change during the Four nations.It's what the Aussies call letting the game flow.Pretty similar to putting the ball into the second row while feeding the scrum.I think they introduced that too.You wont see the forward passes being allowed tomorrow night, so that should favour the Kiwis.

deluded pom?

Coach
Are you really trying to tell me the Lewis forward pass is the norm in the NRL? A pass that went two metres forward in the space of two or three metres laterally? If that's "letting the game flow" then you can keep it mate.

league13

Juniors
Are you really trying to tell me the Lewis forward pass is the norm in the NRL? A pass that went two metres forward in the space of two or three metres laterally? If that's "letting the game flow" then you can keep it mate.

I didn't see that game last week.Just commenting on the NRL games this season.No one else has have commented on my post which is most unusual.

RedVee

First Grade
What isn't unusual is that the Refs and Touchies have been sh*t all year. Started bad and got worse as the year went on. They seem to be paralysed from making a call now with the innovations of the 2 Ref and Video ref systems.

FFS the touchies rarely put their flags up for a foot into touch now, they leave it for the V ref! Craptastic.