What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Karmichael Hunt...........

Mr Saab

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
As for 2003, it does, go to show, even if you are playing sh*t (Lockyer was nowhere near Schifcofske at that point in time) and play for the broncos you have a better chance than the leagues top pointscorer and dally m leader of the time.

Yeah, Lockyer was reallllllly going to be dumped for Schifcofske!!
Lockyer nowhere near Schif in that point in time? hahaha...no seriously...hahahahaha
Dally M? Whopppeeee....Dally Ms mean jack shyte. Ritchie, Hooper, Frilingos (at the time) De Kroo, Rickets...media men who give their take on who is the best player. Do you rate their opinions that highly? Yeah Karl De Kroo...yeah he is worth listening to. :roll:

Big Pete

Referee
Hunt has gotten 11 Dally M points. Don't see Schif with as many.

Tell me how has he gotten them? Oh wait lets see it must be because he's a Bronco right?

Why would you drop a player who was proven in his position? Lockyer was considered one of the worlds best players in 2003. Would you honestly take Schif over Lockyer at Fullback? Why does 2003 matter to you anyways? 2003was 3 years ago and your whole everyone hates Canberra emo act is stupid because we choose Adam Mogg.

I'm not saying Schif is a bad player, but on form Hunt deserves to be there because he has a good combination with Lockyer and has been playing well.

Ghoulies

Bench
VictorTheViking said:
What the f**k has hunt done this year aside from having a combination with lockyer pete??? f**kin nothing, thats what, he got an aussie jumper because of it aswell when that should have gone quite clearly to Brett Hodgson, as for bowen being the form fullback, well thats debatable given the form of Greg Inglis.
Statistically, Hunt sh*ts on Schif this season: linebreak assists, linebreaks, tries and try assists are all in Hunt's favour. He's also only 2nd to Inglis on the Dally M table (which you seem happy to refer to in your argument for Schif's Origin claims of 2003) as far as fullbacks go.

You might refer to Hunt's defensive deficiencies as a potential issue, but really, game one was not lost because of an unsafe fullback. If our forwards crumble like they did a fortnight ago, it won't matter if we have Garry Jack at the back; we'd still get beat.
As for 2003, it does, go to show, even if you are playing sh*t (Lockyer was nowhere near Schifcofske at that point in time) and play for the broncos you have a better chance than the leagues top pointscorer and dally m leader of the time.
Playing sh*t? For a Raiders fan, you sure have high standards. Brisbane were in the top 4 all through the weeks preceeding Origin, and a lot of that was the result of Lockyer's attacking brilliance.
Sour Grapes? f**kin oath Ive got sour grapes, because for too damn long queensland selectors have over looked him in favour of players who time and time again prove to be inadequate at doing the job he does week in week out for us.
Let's look at the times Schif has been overlooked:

2003: Lockyer had a great series in a QLD team basically void of playmaking talents.
2004: Wesser was the 2nd best fullback of 2003 (behind Minichiello), so it's no suprise he was rewarded for it with a game one spot. Though I'd imagine if Schif's form didn't drop off after missing out for game one, he'd have been a shot following Wesser's mediocre performance.
2005: Like the Raiders in general, Schifcofske had a great start to the season. But then so did Slater, Wesser and Bowen; and given QLD's recent preference to choice attacking fullbacks, he was again unlucky to miss out.

Clinton was certainly unlucky on a few occasions, though it'd be rediculous to argue that those who beat him to the jersey didn't in at least some way deserve it.

Wesser only got the jumper in 04 because of the grand final in 03, he was sh*t in 04, a shadow of the wesser that helped penrith win the crown the year before.

Statistics? They mean nothing on a stage as big as this, bowen faltered under the pressure, wesser was nothing to call home about when he had his shot, slater was the only one that looked at home in the maroon no.1 since lockyers move.

You are right, the players, that got the jumper, deserve it in some way, shape or form, but tell me this, is it really fair to pick a player on reputation rather than form?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
Daley Stuart Clyde
Kenny Sterling
Langer Walters
Langer Lewis
M Johns A Johns
Mortimer Lamb

Great list of fullbacks there Charlie.

Beer goes well with nuts too. Doesn't mean Hunt is anythnig but sh*t compared to Schifcofske.

While QLD persist with the pivot failure Lockyer, They could pick Langlands at fullback and still lose - even with Brett Finch leading the Blues around.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jeez..raiders fans. Scifoske is good but hunt has looked good ALL YEAR! He deserved a crack at origin just as much as clinton does. His combination with lockyer was a big point!

Thats exactly what I mean Locky, is that a fair advantage for hunt, because of his combination with lockyer that he gets preference infront of bowen and schifcofske (bowen I use as an example only)

lockyno1

Post Whore
VictorTheViking said:
Thats exactly what I mean Locky, is that a fair advantage for hunt, because of his combination with lockyer that he gets preference infront of bowen and schifcofske (bowen I use as an example only)

Yes it is a fair advantage. In the end Clinton (and I am not bagging him one bit) chose to play for the Raiders. He could have gone to brisbane or nq where he has more queensland combinations. That was his choice. In the end combinations do play a large role especially in key positions.

innsaneink

Referee
I think Schif has just been shading Hunt for form this year.

Theres one thing though Schif has by the bucketloads, he oozes it compared to cutie...something Queensland seem to desperately need.....passion.

Schif always seems to give 120%...Hunt seems imo to always have something left.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Great list of fullbacks there Charlie.

Misty dick, he said that combos are overrated and i listed a bunch of combos that have excelled at club and rep level.
Were you upset i didnt include Jason Bell and John Simon?

Meanie

Juniors
innsaneink said:
I think Schif has just been shading Hunt for form this year.

Theres one thing though Schif has by the bucketloads, he oozes it compared to cutie...something Queensland seem to desperately need.....passion.

Schif always seems to give 120%...Hunt seems imo to always have something left.

Hunt has passion and is a great talker on the field. And as the ANZAC test shows he doesn't back down.

This combination thing is the biggest load of sh*t ive ever heard.

As I said before, there is no real combination there. They do the same move over and over and over again, on the same side of the feild. A second man play from Lockyer to Hunt, where Hunt sometimes runs it himself or passes to the winger. NSW have the ability to snuff that out with ease. Its hardly comparable to the Stuart/Daley or Kenny/sterling combination as mentioned before.

As a Blues fan, I can only sit back and laugh at QLD's selections and stupid ideas. Whilst we get to play with the Shif for the enitre ogirin period, I also get to see the Blues decimate your pitiful side

Please tell me what good a combination between 2 players will do when your forwards are getting smashed., f**k all ..... Bowen & thurston have a great combo at club level but it wasn't to be seen in game 1 . & if Hunt was there in game 1 he would have ended up in hospital with some of the passes Locky threw.. Sack backs who don't perform when their forward pack is on a roll & giving them plenty of room to move , but don't blame them when the forwards are trampled in the 1st 25mins & we are down 3 tries.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I heard the Axe talking up the Maroons on the news tonight

he spoke about combinations, like Hunt at first receiver and Hunt at second receiver

if thats thier idea of combinations we dont have much to fear

mullet

Juniors
Hunt played very very well tonight, i think he did silence a few critics namely those who push for schif.

What happens now if Inglis become available?

andrew057

First Grade
waltzing Meninga said:
Is a better Fullback than Clinton Shifofske Im not here.

What a disgrace of a selection. Again it appears QLD are going to lose a second game at the selection table.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You = Wrong

Now mods, delete this account so this fool is "not here" anymore.

Mr Saab

Referee
mullet said:
Hunt played very very well tonight, i think he did silence a few critics namely those who push for schif.

What happens now if Inglis become available?

who knows.
Hunt will be fullback thats for sure.