What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If NSW lose this years series should Laurie Daley be sacked?

Should Laurie Daley be sacked as NSW coach if they lose this year?

• YES - Sack him, he must go?

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • NO - Let him stay

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
"Some of the topics discussed revolved around training schedules and facilities as well as the decisions around where the team stayed during the three Origin camps."

f**k yeah. I can see that with different schedules and facilities plus staying elsewhere will fix all of the Blues problems.....

One more chance

Ok Laurie ..if we give you one more chance what will you do differently to get the series win ?

Um NOTHING
WE HAVE THE TEAM TO DO IT
We WILL STICK WITH THEM
MYTHCELL has matured as a player
He's a leader now

The above will be very close to the truth .
& as a W!DER I hope they give him another chance .

typicalfan

Coach
Question is who do you replace him with. Freddy seems the logical choice. Apart from him there is no one. Maybe Des if the Dogs flick him.

King hit

Coach
I reckon Freddy would get the job. Bleeds blue and is heavily involved in the Origin camps and junior rep teams. He is also one of the biggest figures in NSW history so the players will idolise him and respect him.

His work with the City team this year was very impressive and he did get the Roosters to the top 4 in 2008 so there is some coaching ability there.

The question is: Does Freddy have what it takes to beat QLD? As we have seen, experience as an Origin player does not necessarily translate to success as an Origin coach. Would Freddy have more respect in a prospective Origin players eyes than Laurie? I doubt it. Unlike Laurie Freddy does have First Grade coaching experience. If he is that good a coach why does he not have a current First Grade coaching position?

NSW have to be careful not to clutch at straws. There are a million things that one can convince onesself make sense when one cannot make sense of a situation. There might only be a handful of changes needed. The hard part is deciding which changes make a difference and which are change for change's sake and nothing more.

It is the upper level of NSW's apparatus which is clueless. Thus they direct those beneath them toward paths that bear no fruit. The blind leading the blind. Using the direction of the misguided to select the uninspired. To be led by the overconfident and a collection of the unimpressive to make up the team numbers.

Hey! Pick a new coach. That'll fix everything.

King hit

Coach
The question is: Does Freddy have what it takes to beat QLD? As we have seen, experience as an Origin player does not necessarily translate to success as an Origin coach. Would Freddy have more respect in a prospective Origin players eyes than Laurie? I doubt it. Unlike Laurie Freddy does have First Grade coaching experience. If he is that good a coach why does he not have a current First Grade coaching position?

NSW have to be careful not to clutch at straws. There are a million things that one can convince onesself make sense when one cannot make sense of a situation. There might only be a handful of changes needed. The hard part is deciding which changes make a difference and which are change for change's sake and nothing more.

It is the upper level of NSW's apparatus which is clueless. Thus they direct those beneath them toward paths that bear no fruit. The blind leading the blind. Using the direction of the misguided to select the uninspired. To be led by the overconfident and a collection of the unimpressive to make up the team numbers.

Hey! Pick a new coach. That'll fix everything.

Experience as an Origin player does not necessarily translate to success as a coach? Meninga, Daley, Walters, Stuart, Raudonikis, Vautin, Pearce and Beetson were successful Origin players and are series winning coaches. Freddy would be massively respected if he was coaching the Blues, played more games than any other NSW player in history, was a series winning captain, one of the greatest players off all time and an awesome guy who would be great to get along with. The current generation of players grew up watching him, would be in awe of him and would love and respect him with everything. If you ask me Origin coaches are really picked on who they are then coaching ability. Meninga is an average coach just like Pearce was but they are Origin legends who demanded the respect of their respective players and their Origin coaching record speaks for itself.

Freddy hasn't applied for a coaching position since because he is heavily involved with all the NSW junior reps and he coaches the City side so all of his attention has been at these 2 things. When he coached the Roosters they did make the top 4 in 2008 and did improve in 2007 winning 5, drawing 1 and with 2 losses from their last 8 games. 2009 was a terrible year I won't deny that at all. I feel Freddy has the man management skills as he did outstandingly will with City this year and I feel he has learnt from his coaching experience and would have some better skills than what he coached the Roosters.

Hey! Pick an new coach. That'll fix everything.

Experience as an Origin player does not necessarily translate to success as a coach? Meninga, Daley, Walters, Stuart, Raudonikis, Vautin, Pearce and Beetson were successful Origin players and are series winning coaches. Freddy would be massively respected if he was coaching the Blues, played more games than any other NSW player in history, was a series winning captain, one of the greatest players off all time and an awesome guy who would be great to get along with. The current generation of players grew up watching him, would be in awe of him and would love and respect him with everything. If you ask me Origin coaches are really picked on who they are then coaching ability. Meninga is an average coach just like Pearce was but they are Origin legends who demanded the respect of their respective players and their Origin coaching record speaks for itself.

Freddy hasn't applied for a coaching position since because he is heavily involved with all the NSW junior reps and he coaches the City side so all of his attention has been at these 2 things. When he coached the Roosters they did make the top 4 in 2008 and did improve in 2007 winning 5, drawing 1 and with 2 losses from their last 8 games. 2009 was a terrible year I won't deny that at all. I feel Freddy has the man management skills as he did outstandingly will with City this year and I feel he has learnt from his coaching experience and would have some better skills than what he coached the Roosters.
Good luck with that.