What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If NSW lose this years series should Laurie Daley be sacked?

Should Laurie Daley be sacked as NSW coach if they lose this year?

• YES - Sack him, he must go?

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • NO - Let him stay

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Danish

Referee
Fittler and Johns co-coaching.

I actually typed that into my reply earlier as a potential option... but it does sound a little silly.

Fittler was a terrible at managing a side week in week out for the long term, but when just given a squad, and oppositon, and a week or 2 to build a plan to beat them, he was brilliant (hence why he was so damned effective when he first took over the top job at Easts, but crumbled once he had to hold the position for a couple seasons).

If Fittler and Johns were chosen though, people would have to get used to the idea of Pearce being in the side. They both absolutely love him

OldPanther

Coach
I actually typed that into my reply earlier as a potential option... but it does sound a little silly.

Fittler was a terrible at managing a side week in week out for the long term, but when just given a squad, and oppositon, and a week or 2 to build a plan to beat them, he was brilliant (hence why he was so damned effective when he first took over the top job at Easts, but crumbled once he had to hold the position for a couple seasons).

If Fittler and Johns were chosen though, people would have to get used to the idea of Pearce being in the side. They both absolutely love him

Spot on. I could live with Pearce if they were coaching. I think they'd change things up in a way that he could work with.

So you f$&@ up, get called out for it, and then place the blame back on the calling you out? How the f$&@ does anyone know who you mean considering you can't even decide which football team to follow?
Considering there's only one guy in the QLD Origin team who was called ash in recent times, its pretty obvious who i was meaning. Everyone else seems to have got it, you're the 1st one to point it out and complain.

davi

Juniors
The talk of whether Laurie Daley should be sacked may become irrelevant. There is talk that even if NSW wins the series Daley will leave because he wants to focus his career on club coaching. I've heard talk Brad Fittler is interested in the position. Either way Daley probably wont be coaching NSW's next year.

OldPanther

Coach
The talk of whether Laurie Daley should be sacked may become irrelevant. There is talk that even if NSW wins the series Daley will leave because he wants to focus his career on club coaching. I've heard talk Brad Fittler is interested in the position. Either way Daley probably wont be coaching NSW's next year.

I love it if true.

Edit: Because I'd like Freddie to coach.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Rugby league expert Matthew Johns reckons Dean Pay is the man to take over from laurie.

Take him please.

First Grade
no need for the 's on the end of NSW my friend :)

isaiah

Bench
Can he even coach? When asked after if messages went out to target Thurston, he didn't even seem to know he could do such a thing. He was outsmarted before the game by kevvie using the 11-1 penalty count from last year.

Can QLD fans start a crowdfunding scheme to keep on Laurie Daley and Mitchell Pearce until at least the end of this decade?

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Having not read all the previous replies, I think if NSW lose the series, Daley should not need to be sacked. He should walk.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Honestly, I think that Origin needs coaches that inspire passion and hatred from their state and the opposition respectively. Dayley and Walters are way too nice.

Think Phil Gould, Ricky Stuart - it's what drives the media and general interest in the games when there are coaches (and players for that matter) like that, that inspire their state but get under the skin of the opposing players & fans.

Let's throw Gallen and Tallis in as coaches next year :D