What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If perth is such a can't miss home run for nrl expansion..?!

This was the response I got.

I assume he was willing to run their fan website?
What do you expect me to provide?

I'm not rich and I'm not a businessman.

It's the QRL's responsibility to promote and develop rugby league across the state. They have connections and would have been able to put me in touch with people who could run the football department. I contacted local councillors, state MPs and and Des Morris from Easts. Des was very polite and responded to my email telling me how much the grandstand on the western bank of Langlands Park cost and gave me the name of the company that built it. Turned out to be the samw company that built the bench seats at Kougari Oval. I think their name was Steel Post and Rail, or something to that effect.

Make fun of me all you like, but at least I tried to get something done.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What do you expect me to provide?

I'm not rich and I'm not a businessman.

It's the QRL's responsibility to promote and develop rugby league across the state. They have connections and would have been able to put me in touch with people who could run the football department. I contacted local councillors, state MPs and and Des Morris from Easts. Des was very polite and responded to my email telling me how much the grandstand on the western bank of Langlands Park cost and gave me the name of the company that built it. Turned out to be the samw company that built the bench seats at Kougari Oval. I think their name was Steel Post and Rail, or something to that effect.

Make fun of me all you like, but at least I tried to get something done.
easy for armchair quaterbacks lol. I stepped up and offered to set up, fund and manage a supporters group for the WA Reds bid back in 2011. The bid group were great to work with and I was happy to invest a significant amount of time and money (for me) into it, along with a few other fans.
Sadly when the rug got pulled from under us by Grant and Smith , and the WARL then got bullied into handing over WA to the NRL I realised I was wasting my time in RL and bought a racecar and spent my hard earned ever since on Motorsport. Shame, what could have been.

Reds-logo-yellow.jpg

Last edited:
easy for armchair quaterbacks lol. I stepped up and offered to set up, fund and manage a supporters group for the WA Reds bid back in 2011. The bid group were great to work with and I was happy to invest a significant amount of time and money (for me) into it, along with a few other fans.
Sadly when the rug got pulled from under us by Grant and Smith , and the WARL then got bullied into handing over WA to the NRL I realised I was wasting my time in RL and bought a racecar and spent my hard earned ever since on Motorsport. Shame, what could have been.

View attachment 70120
I've spent the last few years doing up my car because it's more productive than trying to get the QRL to do anything good for the game. I gave up on the Queensland Cup in 2017 because there's nothing in it for me. It's hard to support any of the existing clubs when none of them represent Logan and have no intention of helping the game grow outside of their district.

Stewbum

Juniors
Provide one example of me doing this to you.
Sorry - just want in on the action.
You're comparing apples and oranges. The NRL took over the Titans before the annual grant was raised to 130% of the salary cap. Cronulla fell in a heap after the annual grant was raised to 130% of the salary cap and were in more debt. If the Sharks were in that predicament three years earlier then they may not be around today.
Apples and oranges are delicious.
You're creating strawman arguments and non sequiturs to derail the topic. That is trolling.
Strawman should be ALLCAPS. Impressed with use of non-sequiturs.
I've already exposed your lie by quoting it three times. You try to wear people down through repetition and denial. It won't work with me.
Good.
You're quick to respond with lengthy posts.
I was reading a 1100 page book but have had to put it down to finish this thread.
We both know what you were alluding to.
I don't. I really just skim-read.
You said I'm not a rugby league fan because I believe Sydney should be rationalised. There are people in the ARLC who want Sydney to be rationalised. The Bradley Report mentioned rationalisation of Sydney as a necessity. The NSWRL were in the process of rationalising Sydney on the 80s.
Nah, Sydney should be decimated.
You called me an "idiot" a few weeks ago because I proved the Eels are weening themselves off pokies after you asked for proof that they were weening themselves off pokies. Turn about is fair play.
Typical Sydney wokeness.
Only because the conditions in 2018 were far more favourable for the Sharks than they were for the Titans in 2015. Your refusal to acknowledge context is a classic example of trolling. You do it all the time.
I know nothing about these topics.
I raised Cronulla's situation in 2018 to expose your hypocrisy.
Cronulla have been annoying since losing Cleanaway as sponsor.
But it wasn't my logic, was it?

The Gemba Report provided evidence that the smallest clubs need to generate at least $10m in revenue to survive alongside the annual grant. There are two clubs from Sydney who failed to make $10m from football operations in 2021. Cowboys made $17m from football operations, yet you reckon they're unviable.

For you to be right then the Gemba Report has to be wrong.

See for yourself on p28 of the Gemba Report.

• Based on benchmarks from existing smaller NRL clubs, it is estimated that a new club would have operating costs of $23.6m per year which is largely driven by Player Wages and Other Wages​
• The NRL provides clubs with a Grant of at least $13.6m and covers some other operational expenses which aren’t included in the estimated total costs​
• Assuming a new club had an operating cost base of $23.6m, the club would need to generate $10.0m in revenue through Sponsorship, Game Day Revenue, Hospitality, Membership etc. in order to break even. This is expected to be challenging in early years due to the competitive landscape in which the club is entering​
• If the club is unable to achieve this, the operating loss would need to be covered by the club or the NRL would be required to provide additional financial support​
Too much detail for me.
You haven't proven me wrong. All you've done is shift the goalposts whenever I've exposed your logical fallacies and ignorance. You claim you're using my logic, except the parameters you're using are nothing like anything I've ever used to gauge a club's viability.
I'm too old to care what others think on forums.
I've shown it to you three f**king times. Each time I've done so you've refused to address it. I'll show it again, but I'm sure you won't respond to it.

Here it is, for the fourth time:
Prediction - same response.

Do you think you can address your statement this time?

If we're going by the Gemba Report's findings then the Cowboys meet the criteria needed to be viable.

I'll note that I never said the salary cap shouldn't be covered by the annual grant.

On numerous occasions across many threads I've said the salary cap should be covered by the ARLC and the clubs should be responsible for fundingfootball operations. On this metric the Cowboys are fine as the $17m they generated from football operations in 2021 was more than enough to cover the $14.1m needed to cover staff, game day, administration and marketing. Remember, this is based on the findings on p27 of the Gemba Report.

What you've done is create a strawman by falsely accusing me of saying the clubs should have to cover the salary cap and expenses of running a team.

I challenge you to quote me saying anything like what you're suggesting.

Do you think you can do that?

If you're not a liar then you won't have any trouble whatsoever.

Unfortunately for you, there's zero chance of you pulling this off because I've never said it.

You're not using my criteria. You've made your own criteria and tried to pass it off as my criteria. What you're doing is arguing against a strawman because you cannot defeat my actual argument.

It's not my criteria that you're using. The fact you cannot find a single post of me advocating the rubbish you're assigning to me proves you've made up a strawman.

If you cannot see the relevance then you're a moron. I've already explained it to you. No point doing it again as it'll go right over your head.
Your grammar is impeccable by the way.
That's not how arguments work.
Not sure about this.
I've responded to what you've written. The problem is this isn't going the way you hoped it would, so you're creating strawmen to divert attention away from your erroneous statements.
Most people don't understand a strawman argument.
This ain't the first time you've spelt like a child from a special school.
The vast majority of people are like that.

Pneuma

First Grade

Good.

I was reading a 1100 page book but have had to put it down to finish this thread.

Typical Sydney wokeness.

Too much detail for me.

Not sure about this.

Bloody delicious work. Post of the year.

Pneuma

First Grade
I've spent the last few years doing up my car because it's more productive than trying to get the QRL to do anything good for the game. I gave up on the Queensland Cup in 2017 because there's nothing in it for me. It's hard to support any of the existing clubs when none of them represent Logan and have no intention of helping the game grow outside of their district.
Let me guess. It’s a 2008 Hyundai Getz?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Good.

Typical Sydney wokeness.

Too much detail for me.

Not sure about this.

oh great we have another one, just what this forum needs.

Canard

Immortal

View attachment 70120

Running a supporter group is admirable and realistic ambition.

It's much more reasonable then approaching the QRL out the blue and insist they create a team out of nothing, and then labelling them as idiots and imbeciles for not doing your bidding.

To be honest, it's almost deranged to be doing this

Running a supporter group is admirable and realistic ambition.

It's much more reasonable then approaching the QRL out the blue and insist they create a team out of nothing, and then labelling them as idiots and imbeciles for not doing your bidding.

To be honest, it's almost deranged to be doing this

Deranged?

The QRL's job is to develop and govern the game in Queensland.

Logan has a population of 360k people and produced more Origin and Test players than any other city in Australia. To not have a Queensland Cup team in Logan for over 20 years is a dereliction of QRL's duties. In that time we've had AFL make serious inroads in Logan. They've built the Lions@Springwood Social Club, acquired Cronulla Park for the Springwood Pumas and use money from the former to fund the latter.

My plan was for the Scorpions to be based out of Cronulla Park. The QRL's laziness and refusal to listen to me led to the AFL taking the ground for itself. What would have been a great asset for the QRL is now in the hands of its biggest competitor!

By the time I contacted the QRL I had created the logo, jersey design and website for the club. The cost and labour that I put into it was substantial. I had to go into the state library to research the history of the Scorpions and the BRL in the 80s and 90s because the QRL is so useless and lazy it doesn't keep historical records of the competition on its website.

I suppose you're now going to say it's insane to expect the QRL to provide historical data for the BRL on its website?

Pneuma

First Grade
Deranged?

Logan has a population of 360k people and produced more Origin and Test players than any other city in Australia. To not have a Queensland Cup team in Logan for over 20 years is a dereliction of QRL's duties. In that time we've had AFL make serious inroads in Logan. They've built the Lions@Springwood Social Club, acquired Cronulla Park for the Springwood Pumas and use money from the former to fund the latter.

My plan was for the Scorpions to be based out of Cronulla Park. The QRL's laziness and refusal to listen to me led to the AFL taking the ground for itself. What would have been a great asset for the QRL is now in the hands of its biggest competitor!

By the time I contacted the QRL I had created the logo, jersey design and website for the club. The cost and labour that I put into it was substantial. I had to go into the state library to research the history of the Scorpions and the BRL in the 80s and 90s because the QRL is so useless and lazy it doesn't keep historical records of the competition on its website.

I suppose you're now going to say it's insane to expect the QRL to provide historical data for the BRL on its website?
No we are saying you are insane.

Canard

Immortal
Deranged?

It is borderline deranged and likely you have a narcissistic personality disorder, if you think that the QRL should create a team out of thin air purely on your personal whim.

Particularity when you get abusive when rebuffed, it's nothing short of bonkers

It is borderline deranged and likely you have a narcissistic personality disorder, if you think that the QRL should create a team out of thin air purely on your personal whim.

Particularity when you get abusive even when rebuffed, it's nothing short of bonkers
Strawman argument.

I never expected the QRL to create a team for me.

You're either too stupid to comprehend what you read or you're just a troll.

I asked the QRL for assistance to form a club for a rugby league heartland that's been unrepresented in the Queensland Cup since 2002.

I was able to get state MP Desley Scott to support my proposal to base the club at Cronulla Park on the provision I could get enough people together to help me set it up. The QRL could have gotten in touch with rugby league officials and development officers from the area to see if they were interested in a venture like this. At the very least they could have given me their contact details so I could ask them myself. They didn't and as a result I couldn't take my proposal any further. AFL stepped in and took control of Cronulla Park.

If you were a rugby league fan then you would be supportive of people who've made an effort to grow the game. Dumb wankers like you are the reason our game has never grown.

MugaB

Coach
Strawman argument.

I asked the QRL for assistance to form a club for a rugby league heartland that's been unrepresented in the Queensland Cup since 2002.

I was able to get state MP Desley Scott to support my proposal to base the club at Cronulla Park on the provision I could get enough people together to help me set it up. The QRL could have gotten in touch with rugby league officials and development officers from the area to see if they were interested in a venture like this. At the very least they could have given me their contact details so I could ask them myself. They didn't and as a result I couldn't take my proposal any further. AFL stepped in and took control of Cronulla Park.

If you were a rugby league fan then you would be supportive of people who've made an effort to grow the game. Dumb wankers like you are the reason our game has never grown.
So they said no to you, and now its the nswrl fault... well boo fkn whoo... they said no coz you're obviously a nutjob

Pneuma

First Grade
Strawman argument.

Lovely post from the whinging poms best mate :)

Canard

Immortal
Strawman argument.

You expected the QRL to create a team then?

Do you not see how absurd that is?

You expected the QRL to create a team then?

Do you not see how absurd that is?

How do you expect one person to create a club on their own?

I didn't have the resources and connections to form a club. I reached out to the governing body of the game in Queensland so they could provide me with some assistance because they have the resources and connections to make it happen.

Why is it absurd to believe that the most productive rugby league city in Queensland should have a team in the Queensland Cup?

What's the point in funding the QRL if they're going to sit on their arse and not develop the game in cities like Logan?

It's as of you care more about being a dickhead on a forum than the health of the game.

Pneuma

First Grade
How do you expect one person to create a club on their own?

I didn't have the resources and connections to form a club. I reached out to the governing body of the game in Queensland so they could provide me with some assistance because they have the resources and connections to make it happen.

Why is it absurd to believe that the most productive rugby league city in Queensland should have a team in the Queensland Cup?

What's the point in funding the QRL if they're going to sit on their arse and not develop the game in cities like Logan?

It's as of you care more about being a dickhead on a forum than the health of the game.
Another delightful post from a truly decent human being 😱