What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If perth is such a can't miss home run for nrl expansion..?!

MugaB

Coach
Looks like I’m superfluous to this meaningless argument now. Enjoyed it immensely particularly changing sides at a whim. My job is done. Continue the pointless fight lads!
Dont tell me wat to fkn do, you're not my dad...
Perf sux, the team will fold again hawhawhaw

Wb1234

Referee
A couple of years ago Twiggy gave each Rugby Club a $30,000 grant.

Quite of few the clubs went and dropped it straight into buying League players from the local First Grade comp.
Don’t worry if they are any good an nrl club will poach them In a few years so twiggys money won’t go to waste

Iamback

Coach
A couple of years ago Twiggy gave each Rugby Club a $30,000 grant.

Quite of few the clubs went and dropped it straight into buying League players from the local First Grade comp.

That would be better to put into a school's program or something

MugaB

Coach
Don’t worry if they are any good an nrl club will poach them In a few years so twiggys money won’t go to waste
And then every east coast club will get them after...
Seriously... lambacks right, invest in grassroots, not overpaying current athletes from rival codes

Wb1234

Referee
And then every east coast club will get them after...
Seriously... lambacks right, invest in grassroots, not overpaying current athletes from rival codes
That’s what I mean

nobody wants to play for the wallabies anyway so if twiggy wants to waste millions on them go ahead the good ones will end up in league regardless

though I would guess that given most won’t be islanders or kiwis they would probably struggle regardless

I did.

I still do. And it very much depends on the ownership and board structures, documentation I have yet to see. Technicalities are the soul of the law.

And has nothing to do with the viability of Sydney league clubs.

I doubt nearly everything he says as a default. With you I just assume its biased nonsense.

Or I didnt refer to it at all.

I dont care. Either a club is viable or its not. If its not viable then f**k it off. You want perfectly viable clubs gone because you dont like where they are from and you dont like their revenue streams, but are perfectly ok with the league bailing out clubs that are actually financially destitute.
You've just demonstrated that you're a nutcase.

In your warped mind a club is viable if it can rort money from people with a gambling addiction, despite knowing full well that it makes sweet f**k all from football operations.

What sort of inbred imbecile holds this mindset?

You also think losing a team like the Gold Coast Titans or Newcastle Knights is better for the game than Sydney losing one of its nine clubs.

There's no words for that sort of stupidity.

I've lost count of the amount of times you've said the annual grant is a legitimate form of income.

Well guess what motherf**ker, the problems at the Titans happened before the annual grant was increased to 130% of the salary cap.

The Gold Coast Titans have been viable under the ownership of Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly and the annual grant. They don't rely on gaming machine revenue to stay afloat. If you were true to your word then you would say they're viable, but alas you want them gone because they're not from Sydney.

There isn't a professional sporting league outside of Australia that holds the ludicrous stance that you're hysterically advocating.

The idiocy of your position is summed up the Parramatta Eels improving their position since they've diversified their income stream. They're weening themselves off pokies and are thriving. It's proof that you're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about.

The fact you've got two of the board's biggest nutcases liking your post shows birds of a feather flock together.

Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
You've just demonstrated that you're a nutcase.

In your warped mind a club is viable if it can rort money from people with a gambling addiction, despite knowing full well that it makes sweet f**k all from football operations.

What sort of inbred imbecile holds this mindset?

You also think losing a team like the Gold Coast Titans or Newcastle Knights is better for the game than Sydney losing one of its nine clubs.

There's no words for that sort of stupidity.

I've lost count of the amount of times you've said the annual grant is a legitimate form of income.

Well guess what motherf**ker, the problems at the Titans happened before the annual grant was increased to 130% of the salary cap.

The Knights and Titans are doing well under the new system. If you were true to your word then you would say they're viable, but alas you want them gone because they're not Sydney.

There isn't a professional sporting league outside of Australia that holds the ludicrous stance that you're hysterically advocating.

The Gold Coast Titans have been viable under the ownership of Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly. They don't rely on gaming machine revenue to stay afloat.

The idiocy of your position is summed up the Parramatta Eels' improving their position since they've diversified their income stream. They're weening themselves off pokies and are thriving. It's proof that you're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about.

Don’t take drugs kiddies ^

Latest posts