What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Robbie plays - the best options?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Like most people, I don't think Farah should be playing. He can have some tins in the crowd like the rest of us and enjoy the atmosphere.

But if they absolutely must play him then they need Reynolds to be there as a backup in case of injury. Also, there's been a bit of publicity about this being Grub's 150th game. Unlikely they'd drop him after all that.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don't get why some are going on like this is some big distraction for us.

Sure us fans don't know what is happening but the players would know exactly what is happening and what the plans are for Robbie playing or not playing. Same goes with Mbye.

Personally I hope he is fit (important) and plays. Sure we have flogged two of the worst teams in the comp that didn't even bother trying, but the sharks will be tougher to beat trying to mix players around to cover not having a hooker for the full 80.

Tiger05

First Grade
Like most people, I don't think Farah should be playing. He can have some tins in the crowd like the rest of us and enjoy the atmosphere.

But if they absolutely must play him then they need Reynolds to be there as a backup in case of injury. Also, there's been a bit of publicity about this being Grub's 150th game. Unlikely they'd drop him after all that.

I can't see Grub being dropped but if Robbie is an injury risk don't play him.

I simply think it’s all a smokescreen and the team knows who’s playing.

This is been played out in the press and on forums like this.

If they, Farah and Mybe were 101% ok, they’d be playing, there’s doubt and so, well there’s the answer.

Farah will get his second lap of honour and good luck to him, the Cronulla players will, alongside the Tigers pay due respect to both Gallen and Farah and one group will be planning mad Monday after the game.

macnaz

Staff member
I don't get why some are going on like this is some big distraction for us.

Sure us fans don't know what is happening but the players would know exactly what is happening and what the plans are for Robbie playing or not playing. Same goes with Mbye.

Personally I hope he is fit (important) and plays. Sure we have flogged two of the worst teams in the comp that didn't even bother trying, but the sharks will be tougher to beat trying to mix players around to cover not having a hooker for the full 80.
My concern is Madge is a zero BS coach and this isnt the type of game he normally plays. I'd hate to feel he is changing his style or tactics to suit pressure from the club and Farah to the detriment of the best outcome

WA Tiger

Bench

Reynolds seemed very happy this week ...A “playing persons happy”

President Trump

Juniors
I simply think it’s all a smokescreen and the team knows who’s playing.

This is been played out in the press and on forums like this.

If they, Farah and Mybe were 101% ok, they’d be playing, there’s doubt and so, well there’s the answer.

Farah will get his second lap of honour and good luck to him, the Cronulla players will, alongside the Tigers pay due respect to both Gallen and Farah and one group will be planning mad Monday after the game.

There should be a joint celebration and McGuire should feel free to pick Farah as it is now in everyone's interests for the game to be a draw so both teams make the finals and both Farah and Gallen can continue their magnificent careers for at least another week. Shafting the Broncos is the greater good that we Sharks and Tigers must pursue!

WA Tiger

Bench
We don’t need the distraction of having Robbie play today at the 8th wonder.The emotion would be likely to soften and distract our resolve to win this must win game ....Like Gallens last game at home last week and a few other tigers games in the past .. so it’s a positive...Farrah will be better to sit this one out, we nail this game - hopefully ...and then he can look at having some more time to heal and be a available against Manly or even better Parra later on if needed.. also Injury to our players are a real possibility with the rough and tumble and all out assault from both teams guaranteed from here on... ...If we get to mid finals or better and say Farrah comes back during that time for whatever reason and kills it then him not playing today won’t even be an issue ..it will be a silver lining for Farrah lovers ..Like we have discovered this year we all get a second chance to shine ..even after we thought it was all over

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Robbie arriving at the ground

600px-Silence_3045.jpg

gordsy

Juniors
Bet Robbie is thrilled he risked his leg so they could get smashed and miss out on the finals.

macnaz

Staff member
Bet Robbie is thrilled he risked his leg so they could get smashed and miss out on the finals.
I'm sure under the circumstances losing a player and reshuffling our whole side we were going to get smashed anyway , so I'm sure he would have taken something away from the game to at least run out and ended his career in front of a sell out crowd even though he never thought that would have been possible.

macnaz

Staff member
Anyway the loss had nothing to do with Farah but more the fact the team is barely first grade standard even when every one is fit and playing in their best positions... so to have to change all that against a side full of talent was never going to end well.
The positive was everyone got to see where we are lacking as a side.... and that's for another days discussion

gordsy

Juniors
I'm sure under the circumstances losing a player and reshuffling our whole side we were going to get smashed anyway , so I'm sure he would have taken something away from the game to at least run out and ended his career in front of a sell out crowd even though he never thought that would have been possible.
Lesson for next time with the finals on the line and a chance to get some much needed cash in the coffers name an extended bench if this happens again pull someone like talau to jump in the backs not momo. I don't blame Robbie for wanting to play because if we had lost without him he would always be wondering what if. I'm just saying if he has leg issues in 15 years time will he be a bit dirty that we played like soft cocks instead of having a real dig. Hopefully Madge can erase this losing culture that has been with us for years, it's almost like it's in the water because we do this year in year out regardless of players and coaches and it's a mystery as to why.

macnaz

Staff member
I get ya 100% now.. it's almost like the impossible will always happen to make sure we cant succeed... there are just to many to mention for it to be a coincidence . The unthinkable and unbelievable scenario's play out for this club time and time and time again :disappointed_relieved:

Latest posts