What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the Bulldogs win, the finals need to be swapped.

ngap

Juniors
Roosters to Aussie
Dogs to Telstra.

They will make more money and the precedent is set by the Cowboys.

Just a pity Olympic Park can't be used by the Storm this weekend because of renovations

ngap

Juniors
What special circumstance?

Look logically. The Bulldogs and Penrith are both in the West of Sydney so they have to travel past Homebush to get to the SFS. So its crazy they have all the extra travel time.

Roosters and Broncos or Cowboys will have to travel past the SFS to get to Homebush.

Let the NRL show its green side by reducing Greenhouse emmisions ;-)

How can I tip the Cowboys to win and then forget to type them in here :oops:

No precedent. The Cowboys game was not being brought to DFS for their advantage, it was to avoid a non-attendance at Aussie Stadium as it's an all Queensland match. It was not NRL's initiative to take it up there.

You're just joking here aren't ya? Cowboys and Broncos wouldn't draw crowds at Aussie and it would give the NRL and Aussie Stadium a loss-making game. Puting it in Queensland ensures a profit, a good atmosphere, and good for TV.

yakstorm

First Grade
I think it would be a logical idea, and I don't think either the Aussie Stadium or Telstra Stadium trusts would complain cause they would prefer the more the merrier into their grounds.

Only problem is the decision would have to be made straight away on Sunday after the game otherwise people will start to buy tickets and make plans and then suddenly need to change.

ngap

Juniors
The more I look at it the Bulldogs don't even need to win.

As everyone on here keeps saying the roosters have no fans, and those they do have don't travel. Therefore that final will have a minature crowd that inside Telstra will look very poor for the NRL. The Muppet won't mind as he knows the SFS so well.(Same reason for moving the semi)

The Penrith and Bulldogs have such a strong supporter base, as said so often on here, that if the Dogs win the crowd will be too big for the SFS, even if the storm reach the final instead of the Bulldogs there will be the same problem.
Why deny these fans from having their chance to see their team?

Krison

Juniors
Dont forget the Broncs agreed to move to Dairy Farmers, so technically the opposing teams to the Roosters and Bulldogs would have to agree with it as well.

^ Pando

retired
This is why the Cowboys v Broncos game shouldn't be move to QLD.
Now you have people trying to get the Bulldogs and Roosters games switched between the SFS and Telstra.

Week 2!!! No home finals.

It just so happens that the Bulldogs and Roosters play at the finals grounds as home grounds.

Start switching and we could see finals being played at Shark park or Parramatta Stadium.

Leave the finals where they were slated to be played at before the season even started.

ngap

Juniors
As a Penrith support do you want to spend the extra time travelling to the SFS?
Don't you use it as your home ground?

OK the Storm might take a bit more convincing.
Broncos can hardly object. They keep saying what ever is better for the game. Dairy Farmers is a lot more vocal crowd than the SFS.
And as I said the Muppet must feel at home at the SFS after coaching there. They received the favour, so why not pass it on.

innsaneink

Referee
ngap said:
What special circumstance?

Look logically. The Bulldogs and Penrith are both in the West of Sydney so they have to travel past Homebush to get to the SFS. So its crazy they have all the extra travel time.

Roosters and Broncos or Cowboys will have to travel past the SFS to get to Homebush.

Let the NRL show its green side by reducing Greenhouse emmisions ;-)

How can I tip the Cowboys to win and then forget to type them in here :oops:

Come back when you know what youre talking about.

Your talking about the Broncos and Cowboys travelling an extra 15 kms from the airport after theyve already travelled what?... 1000kms and 3000kms?

Idiot

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Id rather have the game played at aussie against penrith if we beat melbourne this sunday...

does this indicates to me that roosters cant win at telstra so they want their major semi finals to be played at aussie?

mightypanther

Juniors
As a Penrith support do you want to spend the extra time travelling to the SFS?

I would rather spend the extra time travelling to Aussie Stadium, rather than give
the bulldogs a home ground advantage...........why the hell would we want to help
them to win by moving the game to their home ground ?

Don't you use it as your home ground?

The club moved ONE game there, and there was an uproar from the Penrith
fans at the time, AND the crowd only ended up a couple of thousand more
than it would have been at Penrith anyway, which defeated the whole purpose
of moving it.

I'm pretty sure the club won't be in a hurry to try THAT exercise again.

JK

I prefer watching at SFS - I have to sit at Telstra all year watching games and now I want to go to the purpose built rugby league ground to watch my team smash the Panthers!

Assuming we actually beat the storm! :oops: #-o

And moving the game to Townsville is the best thing the league has done. Make it a national game not an extended sydney premiership. Sure I miss out on a game live but I will watch it at the pub :D

ngap said:
Roosters to Aussie
Dogs to Telstra.

They will make more money and the precedent is set by the Cowboys.

Just a pity Olympic Park can't be used by the Storm this weekend because of renovations
This wouldn't be stated with the same confidence going into the match against the Cowboys would it?

Talk about arrogance.... here's a fine example. Your doggies would have to have to get past the Storm first before looking ahead.

ngap

Juniors
Some of you need to get a sense of humour. This whole thing was knocked on the head by the league weeks ago. Rather it was quoting back at people all the rubbish they keep posting about the Roosters

innsaneink why do you think I had a wink at the end of that comment.