What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the Great Britain side....

Hindmarshfan

Juniors
I think a fit fired up Melbourne, Bulldogs, Broncos Newcastle or St George, Warriors etc would have no troubles beating the GB side,, they'd probably do better than the current Roo's side,. especially mid season around origin time . Then after a few seasons when the GB side adapt to the grind and the side gels from playing week in week out they would then become competitive and a top 4 team.

JJ

Immortal
I think like the Broncos they might struggle initially but would dominate the comp pretty quickly (i.e., given a few seasons)

stupid thread

eels_fan_01

Bench
I hate this question and quite frankly laugh at it......

GB would win it without a doubt but they are a international side lets compare them to other international sides.

If Australia played superleague they would go undeafeated and have wins of 100-0 but thats club footy. This is international.

Charlie124

First Grade
Roby1 said:
Prick:crazy: my apologies if you are geniused, I will take that back.

hahaha so im a prick for giving my opinion on a question?? go f**k yourself buddy, if you dont want to hear what other people have to say then you can sit quietly in the corner sipping some tea while the grown ups talk.

I honestly don't think the poms are in the same league (pardon the pun) as the Aussies/Kiwi's - all you have to do is look at the ESL to see its full to the brim of all the PAST NRL players who could no longer cut it/keep up here, they finish up in the NRL and go over there to take your money for a few years, then move back here to coach local teams or move on from the sport all together, its a beautiful system.

so i standby my opinion that if the poms international team was in the NRL they would get torn appart and finish dead last. Individual clubs (which can include ex-NRL players) may be a different story though.

Roby1

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
hahaha so im a prick for giving my opinion on a question?? go f**k yourself buddy, if you dont want to hear what other people have to say then you can sit quietly in the corner sipping some tea while the grown ups talk.

I honestly don't think the poms are in the same league (pardon the pun) as the Aussies/Kiwi's - all you have to do is look at the ESL to see its full to the brim of all the PAST NRL players who could no longer cut it/keep up here, they finish up in the NRL and go over there to take your money for a few years, then move back here to coach local teams or move on from the sport all together, its a beautiful system.

so i standby my opinion that if the poms international team was in the NRL they would get torn appart and finish dead last. Individual clubs (which can include ex-NRL players) may be a different story though.

Nothing to do with expressing your opinion, yes everyone is entitled but yours is so far off the mark, I assumed you may have some kind of mental problem. Sorry I take that back.

I do agree that the intensity over there is far greater per season and ESL has a long way to go. But it all changes when your top team comes over here and gets their arses kicked. All the talk of 'we don't really care about the world club challenge' is bollocks. Home advantage? just aAussie excuse, after all your guy's are so good they could whip any team anywhere?

The gulf is closing, ESL is still a way off, but they will get there, and f**k me will you guys be moaning then.

salivor

First Grade
Roby1 said:
The gulf is closing, ESL is still a way off, but they will get there, and f**k me will you guys be moaning then.

The gulf is closing? Rubbish, your mob can't even compete with NZ now and we don't even have a professional competition from which to draw players from, just 1 NRL club and a few players scattered throughout other teams. GB and the ESL are kidding themselves if they think their closing in, Australia have got weaker, NZ have lifted the bar and GB as usual are letting the side down.

Roby1

Juniors
salivor said:
The gulf is closing? Rubbish, your mob can't even compete with NZ now and we don't even have a professional competition from which to draw players from, just 1 NRL club and a few players scattered throughout other teams. GB and the ESL are kidding themselves if they think their closing in, Australia have got weaker, NZ have lifted the bar and GB as usual are letting the side down.

World club champs at the moment?, ESL side Bradford??? mmmm. World club champs come end of Feb? mmmm,ESL side St Helens, oh yes, and the gap is not closing? dont kid yourself boyo.

salivor

First Grade
Keep believing that the WCC means diddly squat, the competitions are still worlds apart and that's shown on the international stage where GB can't even compete with NZ and Australia on their home soil.

You can't fix a problem unless you admit it exists, so keep the head in the sand and the 2 serious contenders will share the spoils amongst themselves.

salivor said:
GB can't even compete with NZ and Australia on their home soil.
:roll:
46-14 V New Zealand
38-12 V New Zealand
6-20 V Australia
14-26 V Australia
26-24 V New Zealand
22-12 V New Zealand
8-12 V Australia
24-12 V Australia

Charlie124

First Grade
Roby1 said:
Nothing to do with expressing your opinion, yes everyone is entitled but yours is so far off the mark.

Look up the meaning of the word "opinion" and then come back, youre making yourself look more and more foolish. I find it funny that youre calling me geniused when youre the one that doesnt seem to understand a simple word like that. The person who started this thread asked the question: "If the GB/GBI/England/whatever side played in the NRL competition, where do you think they would finish?"

MY opinion is that they would finish dead last, it will never be tested so therefor you cant say its off the mark.

Deal with it.

salivor

First Grade
The Electric Horseman said:
:roll:
46-14 V New Zealand
38-12 V New Zealand
6-20 V Australia
14-26 V Australia
26-24 V New Zealand
22-12 V New Zealand
8-12 V Australia
24-12 V Australia

The result this year doesn't mean jack when we didn't have any NRL players available i.e. the majority of our squad. Good to know you want to claim a victory over our b team on your home soil though.

After tonight it'll be only 1 win for 2 Tri-Nations tournaments in a row, 1 of those tournaments being on your home soil when you couldn't even make the final. The only time you made the final in 2004 you got torn apart.

My comments stand, NZ have gotten their act together, Australia are coming back to the pack but theres one side letting things down, wonder who that could be.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
i think that if a super league team came over here they'd come last, if the Great Britain team (with all it's team ie Sculthorpe, Cunningham and co..)came into the NRL they'd be very competitive once they got used to the conditions, but they'd still finish in the bottom 4. However, if they gave themselves an entire off-season of summer training here in Oz their chances might jump to around the bottom of the 8 mark.

badav

Bench
the australian side is ALOT stronger than any individual club side. GB up until this minute have showed us (or me atleast) that they can compete, give us a good run, and maybe even beat us on the odd occasion. I reckon they would account for most club sides without too much trouble.

Latest posts