What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If they can do it why not you

CYUONTHEHILL

Juniors
after reading some of the "no can do" posts on here it seems lowly old soccer is well ahead in the promo stakes?
looks like they got some real go-getters workin their cause?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEWCASTLE-JETS-A-LEAGUE-LARGE-FLAG_W0QQitemZ8716531589QQcategoryZ39988QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if they can organise some mojo on that level then?
chimp_ss.gif

WHOSDAMONKEY?

Jeffles

Bench
I would absolutely love to have Jets flags. To see all the colour around Henson Park. It would look a picture and excite children.

Heck - I'd buy a few flags. One for home, one for game day, one for the car, one for my desk at work (I need a job first!).

As I said before, it's all about profit margins.

Newcastle United have a very big supporter base. They could order 2000 flags. Also, the A-League has centralised merchandise purchasing.

Our purchase would be somewhere in the range of 200. Whilst we could sell 500 in a year, we probably wouldn't have the cash to buy 500 upfront - only in lots of 200 I'd say. If anyone can get us a reasonalble quote at those quantites, the club would consider it. Say if they cost around $10 each and we'd sell it for $25 (this is all speculation).

2 True Blues

Coach
Quantity was the issue when I looked into this several seasons ago. They must be produced in bulk as the machines have to be setup etc.....accordingly.

2 True Blues

Coach
Maybe we should contact their club and ask where they got the flags made ( costs numbers etc). 19.95 is cheap so they must have got them made for peanuts.

I particularly like the key rings and coffee cups too.

My Aunty still has the old Newtown Jets members keyring on her car/house keys. They used to issue metal Jets keyrings to members back in the 70's era. They were a great idea I thought.

Jeffles

Bench
Many clubs still have metal keyrings. Again it is about costs.

With the A-League, their merchandising operations have been centralised and licenced (like the NRL). So for example, Newcastle Uknighted aren't ordering 2000 flags, the entire A-League would be ordering 20,000+ flags (made up of all 8 clubs) and distributing them. Ditto coffee mugs, key rings, etc.

A much cheaper way. I bet their flags would cost around $6 each that way.

2 True Blues

Coach
Maybe teams like The Bears, and Wests etc would be interested in ordering with us, though I suppose this would not really work as the machines would have to be set for different colours and designs still. MMMMmmmmm. ?????

Jeffles

Bench
Well they are still set with different colours etc for the A-League. But they get a good deal because of overall quantity.

Other NSWRL clubs may be interested but it is a matter of coordinating it and paing. A central body like the NSWRL would be the ideal party to organise it if many clubs were to go in together. But are the other clubs interested? Would the costs come down enough? I'd put it in the too hard basket.

Won't stop me from searching for a good deal. I've already been designing flags. :lol:

Jeffles

Bench
Thanks. I think the blue is a bit dark but I couldn't get it spot on. Not to worry, the manufactuers would get it right.

Can you tell I should be studying!

Jeffles

Bench
2 True Blues said:
Looks good mate. But what do you mean about there not being an N on it....

I mean there is no "N" shield (the emblem that NBB has next to his name).

Thanks for the compliments. If I ever get more money and/or less brains they will see the light of day.

greg

Juniors
Great designs! Well done. I'd order one for sure. Like Darrell Kerrigan on the movie "The Castle" I'd hang it up in the bar room. (Hard to wave it around in QLD)

Latest posts