What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If they move Lockyer to fullback...

Alba

Coach
for game 2 who would u move out of the side? or would u just shuffle around the players that are already there?? because imo Lockyer plays better at fullback and he did nothing the other night, nothing at all .

lockyno1

Post Whore
Easy, Bowen can p..s off out of the side.

1. Locky
2. Bell
3. Hodges
4. Tonga
5. Slater
6. Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk/Prince.

Meanie

Juniors
Hunt should go back there, Lockie and Thurston stay where they are, Bowen to the bench. And for gods sake Thurston's gotta start asserting himself more!

lockyno1

Post Whore
dazza62 said:
Did he poke your girlfriend ?..why so much hostility?At least he made wellover 100mtrs in attack ,2nd best out of the backs

So what if he made over 100m, most fullbacks do that in most games! He lets boms bounce, he hardly goes for tackles, and is a bigger turnstile in defence than anyone! He is not Origin material!

Godz Illa

Coach
K-Hunt to fullback imo, Bowen to wing, Bell to centres, Tate out.

Lockyer just did not get a combo going with Bowen at all. But he and Hunt look good together and could do some damage for Queensland.

lockyno1 said:
So what if he made over 100m, most fullbacks do that in most games! He lets boms bounce, he hardly goes for tackles, and is a bigger turnstile in defence than anyone! He is not Origin material!

Well he seemed to do allright the last couple of yrs..... luckily you are not a selector

Mr Saab

Referee
Godz Illa said:
K-Hunt to fullback imo, Bowen to wing, Bell to centres, Tate out.

Is that a gee up? Bowen is a not a winger. Grothe or King would throw him into row 10.

He is on the bench at best. If i had my way he would never play orgin again as he is not up to it. He is an avg fullback as far as being a true fullback. Sure, he can be a match winner with his little chip kicks and occasional runs, but they are rare occurances. He never runs the ball back and is worst than peachey in his last 2 yrs where he would pass to his wingers.
With Bowen, he passes to his outside backs, then goes into dummy half and then passes one off the ruck. I could accept if he passes to this backs and then off the next ruck had a run from dummy half but he doesnt even do that. Dont even get me started on his ability at defusing bombs.
He is useless.

salivor

First Grade
I'd love to see Lockyer move back to fullback but there are 2 problems with that. 1. I don't see the selectors going for that option and 2. Prince has been in poor form as well as the fact that Thurston is still yet to stamp himself on a rep match.

The only real option at this point is to form the backline as such:
1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Bell
5. Inglis
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston

Tate should've always played that game on the wing if he was going to play at all which was a big question with his limited game time but come game 2 he'll have another couple of matches under his belt and should be back up to scratch and hopefully back to his dangerous form of last year.

Mr Saab said:
Dont even get me started on his ability at defusing bombs.
He is useless.

What f**kin planet are you on?.. there was 1 bomb that was put up & contested by NSW & Bowen took it at full pace & ran 45 mtrs up field .
There were some kicks put downfield that he let bounce but you are talking sh*t about defusing bombs.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yeah, one bomb. What about the rest? And it is not just in origin, it is in club games too. Sometimes he will contest a bomb, but other times he star gazes. Look at someone like Hodgson...5'10 80kgs if he is lucky and he contests everytime.
He is about 12th ranked as far as NRL fullbacks are concerned. People go gaaaaa gaaaaa over him, but if you sat back and looked at his fullback play he is very avg.

Alba

Coach
i wouldnt take Bowen out of the side thats why it would be difficult .. as far as performance in the first game goes id say Lockyer should be out but its never gonna happen cause its like sayin "ah Joey had a bad game he has to be dropped" .. and i think Inglis should definitely get another shot at game 2

icewind

Juniors
Bowen never to be qld fullback. never again. not until he learns to catch the ball. tackling would be good too.

we have a plethora of other fullbacks who can actually catch and defend. we've got outside backs in inglis, hodges, bell, tonga and tate who can all score 90m tries, so imo i don't think we need an attack at all costs don't give a sh*t about defending/catching fullback.

i would like it to be locky where he is most dangerous, but if not, then i think Shifcofske.

as for prince being ordinary, so has finch, n he played way better than he has been. imo prince can and would lift for qld, plus we really really need his organisational ability now. someone who can steer a side around, and i think Thurston is a natural 5/8 who shouldn't be burdened with having to organise things. Locky is a natural fullback, who shouldn't be burdened with having to inject himself every 2nd play.

1. Lockyer
6. Thurston
7. Prince
13.Harrison

avsterooster

Juniors
icewind said:
Bowen never to be qld fullback. never again. not until he learns to catch the ball. tackling would be good too.

we have a plethora of other fullbacks who can actually catch and defend. we've got outside backs in inglis, hodges, bell, tonga and tate who can all score 90m tries, so imo i don't think we need an attack at all costs don't give a sh*t about defending/catching fullback.

i would like it to be locky where he is most dangerous, but if not, then i think Shifcofske.

as for prince being ordinary, so has finch, n he played way better than he has been. imo prince can and would lift for qld, plus we really really need his organisational ability now. someone who can steer a side around, and i think Thurston is a natural 5/8 who shouldn't be burdened with having to organise things. Locky is a natural fullback, who shouldn't be burdened with having to inject himself every 2nd play.

1. Lockyer
6. Thurston
7. Prince
13.Harrison

completely agree about bowen
he should never be anywhere near a qld team
lets be honest his attacking is brilliant but not at this level, he is shut down. he is smashed time and time again.
at club level he can handle it but not at this level

avsterooster said:
completely agree about bowen
he should never be anywhere near a qld team
lets be honest his attacking is brilliant but not at this level, he is shut down. he is smashed time and time again.
at club level he can handle it but not at this level

Another drug addict without a clue.....At origin level he has scored 4 tries out of the last 5 games.. care to explain....
His 2 runs alone in the 1st half took us up to nearly half way .. something our forwards were unable to do .. & both times he was in amongst NSW players ,& used his speed & footwork to make the ground.
Try not to blame one player when most of the team played terribly for the 1st 45 mins.

Eelectrica

Referee
The frustrating thing about Bowen is that when he takes the ball on the full he can rip a defence to pieces. He needs to gain a lot more confidence in doing that.

Anyway my team for game 2:
1. Lockyer
2. Inglis
3. Hodges/Tonga (Is Hodges going to be fit for game 2?)
4. Bell
5. Slater
6. Thurston
7. Prince - Out of form but has big match experience, I'd risk it.
8. Sam Thaiday
9. C. Smith
10. Civenoceva
11. Price
12. Stagg
13. Tony Carroll

14. Aron Payne
15. Carl Webb
16. Nate Myles
17. Edit: Kirk Reynoldson - Love to see the 'bush ranger' in Origin. Would have made his debut by now if not for injuries

Mr Saab said:
Is that a gee up? Bowen is a not a winger. Grothe or King would throw him into row 10.

He is on the bench at best. If i had my way he would never play orgin again as he is not up to it. He is an avg fullback as far as being a true fullback. Sure, he can be a match winner with his little chip kicks and occasional runs, but they are rare occurances. He never runs the ball back and is worst than peachey in his last 2 yrs where he would pass to his wingers.
With Bowen, he passes to his outside backs, then goes into dummy half and then passes one off the ruck. I could accept if he passes to this backs and then off the next ruck had a run from dummy half but he doesnt even do that. Dont even get me started on his ability at defusing bombs.
He is useless.

which bowen is he talking about brenton??????

Big Mick

Referee
Bowen to five-eight....will be the position he cements himself in origin.

1. Darren Lockyer
2. Greg Inglis
3. Justin Hodges
4. Willie Tonga
5. Steven Bell
6. Matt Bowen
7. Jonathon Thurston
8. Steve Price
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Carl Webb
12. Nate Myles