What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If We beat Newcastle on Sat we play Warriors at WIN

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Knights will have 25k there. Old boys day etc.

On what we showed ( or moreso didnt show ), at our home ground, I cant see a win here.

Hope Im wrong, but Newcastle will be up for this and we are so far off where we need to be it aint funny.
Mate as long as we beat Penrith should we play them....would love to knock the grin off Alexanders smug dial....Ive never heard him say anything nice or positive about The Dragons

slippery5

Juniors
Slater has pulled out. Wouldn't surprise me if Panthers win now.
In that case more likely we will play Broncos @ SFS or ANZ (assuming we win)
Really depends who has the bigger win Broncs or Warriors as only 3 points separate there +/-
He hasn't pulled out, he has been rested & reports are their will be others rested as well.
I wonder if McNoidea thinks that is a good idea ?????

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Careful what you wish for.
Part of the governments cost/benefit analysis for rebuilding Alianz was getting more NRL games there, so expect there to be more "home" games to be played there by NRL teams, they were looking at us and Manly.

TBH, I have a vested interest in Allianz Stadium. As a Foundation Gold Member since 1988, I’ve been sick of watching so many fixtures being transferred to Homebush while ‘coughing up’ escalating renewal fees as though the big events are still at Moore Park.

It’s well overdue that I get bang for my buck.

I’m old enough to remember when Saints used the SCG as its home ground in 1986-‘87, which I didn’t mind either,

TBH, I have a vested interest in Allianz Stadium. As a Foundation Gold Member since 1988, I’ve been sick of watching so many fixtures being transferred to Homebush while ‘coughing up’ escalating renewal fees as though the big events are still at Moore Park.

It’s well overdue that I get bang for my buck.

I’m old enough to remember when Saints used the SCG as its home ground in 1986-‘87, which I didn’t mind either,
Hate the SCG to watch rugby, and Homebush, Allianz is the pick of the bunch.

ouryears

Bench
Not a bad outcome even though it may be a knockout..as we finish 5th if the below pans out...

Based on Scenario that:
  1. Warriors win finsih 8th on inferior points
  2. Broncos win finish 6th
  3. Penrith lose to Storm finish 7th
  4. We finish 5th

5 v 8 and if we win we play loser of Storm v Sharks away i believe
Well, Warriors seem to have our measure as they have already beat us twice this year....but yes things can change. Then we seem to have the sharks measure, we beat them twice already, they will be easy.
Prepare the champagne!!!! We are off to the Prelim final, prob vs Souths or Chooks.

Oh wait, I forgot, we are in a deep hole of a slump.
Where’s Wayne the horse whisperer?!!!

ouryears

Bench
The first four words of the thread title make me so nervous I did a little wee in my pants.
It’s ok Muzby, WIN Stadium is being changed to LOSERS stadium.
Illawarra have the painter for the job, McNuggett and Co.

PS. Just one other thing.....what the hell does the Illawarra clan put in their trophy cabinet that currently just has your share of the 2010 trophy. The other shelves must be lonely and dusty, similar to your mates at the Sharks.
We could ship the St George cabinetSSS down to you, but they are so full we can’t lift them.

Maybe just use a trophy dish, not a cabinet, that way your half of one trophy won’t look so lonely.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Well, Warriors seem to have our measure as they have already beat us twice this year....but yes things can change. Then we seem to have the sharks measure, we beat them twice already, they will be easy.
Prepare the champagne!!!! We are off to the Prelim final, prob vs Souths or Chooks.

Oh wait, I forgot, we are in a deep hole of a slump.
Where’s Wayne the horse whisperer?!!!

I think pror to this season we used to have their measure. Our major problem this year has been that Mary does not have a plan B and Kearney has figured out a counter to Mary's plan A. So bring on a plan B:

A. Shuffle the deck;
1. Lomax
2. Macdonald
3. Mann
4. Lafai
5. Herbert
6. Field
7. Hunt
8. Frizell
9. Robson
10. Ah Mau
11. Leilua
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Latimore
15. Lawrie
16. Host
17. Dufty

B. Switch the defensive pattern between a compressed and a one on one often during the game to confuse the opposition attack. On tackles 1, 2 and 5 all through the game concentrate on line speed when in defence.

C. Have Sims and Leilua absolutely smash the Newcastle halves; especially Pearce. Give them no time at all to do their stuff.

D. In attack have our speedsters feeding off our backrow forwards - Leilua, Frizell and De Belin. Tell the props to forget about the offload just run hard and straight and look for quick play the balls.

I know a bit too complicated for Mary as 4 instructions a way too many. How about involving Mark Coyne in the game plan discussion.

ouryears

Bench
I think pror to this season we used to have their measure. Our major problem this year has been that Mary does not have a plan B and Kearney has figured out a counter to Mary's plan A. So bring on a plan B:

A. Shuffle the deck;
1. Lomax
2. Macdonald
3. Mann
4. Lafai
5. Herbert
6. Field
7. Hunt
8. Frizell
9. Robson
10. Ah Mau
11. Leilua
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Latimore
15. Lawrie
16. Host
17. Dufty

B. Switch the defensive pattern between a compressed and a one on one often during the game to confuse the opposition attack. On tackles 1, 2 and 5 all through the game concentrate on line speed when in defence.

C. Have Sims and Leilua absolutely smash the Newcastle halves; especially Pearce. Give them no time at all to do their stuff.

D. In attack have our speedsters feeding off our backrow forwards - Leilua, Frizell and De Belin. Tell the props to forget about the offload just run hard and straight and look for quick play the balls.

I know a bit too complicated for Mary as 4 instructions a way too many. How about involving Mark Coyne in the game plan discussion.
Possum, you need to go to training and sign on as coach. This sort of thinking
Mary could never ever come up with.

A. Shuffle the deck;
1. Lomax
2. Macdonald
3. Mann
4. Lafai
5. Herbert
6. Field
7. Hunt
8. Frizell
9. Robson
10. Ah Mau
11. Leilua
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Latimore
15. Lawrie
16. Host
17. Dufty

Possm

You obviously spend more time on team analysis than Mary !!

Good thinking.

See if you can say a prayer for the team tonight.

We will definitely need it

possm

Coach
Possm

You obviously spend more time on team analysis than Mary !!

Good thinking.

See if you can say a prayer for the team tonight.

We will definitely need it

Believe it or not I still say nightly prayers with my boy who turned 11 yesterday. He is a mad Dragons supporter and really got upset after the last game.

All his mates at school follow the Broncos - we live in Brisbane. Anyway, he is such a sweet child, I think I'll ask him to lead this prayer; I've be a very bad boy over the years so mine might not get through.

SEAT 1A

Bench
These always hope I suppose however, I've gone from "we will be ok after the Parra and Tigers game" to " I hope we beat the Dogs", it's now, "If we beat NTL" and "who we play will flog us". Sadly, it's to late.

rednwhites

Juniors
I'm just not sure what possess someone to think we will beat Newcastle.

Last week we lost:
1. At home to a lowly ranked team
2. A game when we were playing for a top 4 position
3. A game that was Nighty's last at Kogarah
4. A game for a St George legend gone all too soon

We are a spent force that isn't really that good to begin with, and we don't have a coach or one of our halves and our captain.

Tigers beat themselves against us like they did last night. There's is nothing to suggest a win here.

hazzbeen

Bench
I have said it before , forget positions on the ladder , we are at this stage of the Comp the worst team . So can will we beat the Knights , only if Brownie does us a favour ......