What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Woolford's out...

Kris_man

Bench
If Woolford is suspended, how should we re-arrange our team? We'd surely have to bring up another half/hooker from PL. I'd do this:

1.Schifcofske
2.Chalk
3.Mogg
4.Monaghan
5.Graham
6.Croker
7.Carney (we're not gonna beat the roosters by using percentage strategies like jarred lawrence at hooker)
8.O'Hara
9.Drew
10.Cross (i don't care if he's underdone. we need to take some risks, otherwise we got no hope.)
11.Miller
12.Hindmarsh
13.Tyran Smith (another risk)

14.Thompson
15.Hodgson (this guy really knows how to get injured doesnt he?)
16.Martin
17.Mclinden

Raider_69

Post Whore
10.Cross (i don't care if he's underdone. we need to take some risks, otherwise we got no hope.)

i concur
he played arguably the greatest game by an individual ever in PL
the perfect player

Raider Azz

Bench
I think there is a chance Weyman could be back next week, so I'd pick him over Cross (Sorry 69!) Not sure though.

Kris_man

Bench
i think that whoever said we lack size is right, especially on our bench. the bench i have aboe is not a good one, unfortunately. hodgson hasn't had a good game since about round 10, martin hasn't done much this season, and thompson's just thompson. we'll NEED cross, that's for sure.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If Weymen is available i think he should definatly score a spot ahead of crossy
but replace thomo with crossy, he adds more size and offers more than thomo IMO

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_Azz said:
hodgson hasn't had a good game since about round 10
Hodgson's been injured.
yeah, obviously. but what i'm saying is that he wasn't the same after he came back from his injury. i'd still have him in the 17, it's just that i'm not overly confident that he can trouble the roosters forwards.

if Weyman's back, which i highly doubt, then i'd have him and cross. it's irrelevant to me if he played crap in PL yesterday, because he's shown potential that other players have not. if he could regain his form from the early rounds, we'd improve our chances against the roosters no end. and really, consider the alternatives to picking cross: rothery, kahler or bryant. cross, in my mind, was far better than all three of them. he has to be there.

Anonymous

Juniors
If Germ is out we all know what will happen.

Elliot has had a hell of a lot of opportunities to blood Carney and he's not going to do it against the Roosters in the semi-finals.

It'll be

7-McLinden(17)
9-Drew(7)

17-Gafa(18 )

Edwahu

Bench
I havent seen much of him but what about giving Kouparitsas a run at hooker? I dont think Elliot will move Drew now he has finnaly hit some form.

aussies1st

Staff member
I can't see elliot doing anything but move Drew to hooker. Mclinden of the bench seem to work however so lets hope he puts in Carney and Mclinden of the bench again

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think it's quite obvious what he's going to do. If he has been holding Carney back during the season there is no way he'll throw him into a semi final, espicially backing up from injury. Drew will play hooker and McLinden back into number 7. I don't know about the bench spot, but I'd like to see Phil Graham back in the side.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I wonder if we will see McLinden in at number 9 and Drew staying where he is? Nugget seems to have hit a purple patch...why upset the cart now?

skeepe

Immortal
That's just what I was thinking Tokyo_Raider, and in my opinion Marty might actually be a bit better there, in that he doesn't need to organise the team. He has the kicking game for it, and his speed off the mark means we can take advantage of quick play-the-balls should we get them.

legend

Coach
Passing game is poor. He does not know how to throw a flat pass which amazes me. I think Gafa woudl be a better stop gap hooker and leave Marty on the bench where he is at his most dangerous.

Bay56

First Grade
We will have to come up with some imaginative stuff to have any chance of winning this one .. the same ol boring stuff will play right into Stuarts plan ... Oh, and someone needs to get in early and knock the birds teeth back a couple of centimetres so they dont stick out of his mouth so far !!

GO THE RAIDERS

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
I think Drew must have the 9 jersey, in my opinion he is a hooker not a 7 and his running game will be much needed from dummy half if the forwards go toe to toe with the chooks. However I refuse to put my money on McLinden in the 7 jersey as I think the game against the rabbits proved he is a better 6, I believe he should be the one being put in a gap not him putting other people into a gap he is the most dangerous attacker and he is better than a impact player of the bench. So that leaves Carney, I would give my right leg to give him the 7 jersey and for him to play 80 minutes. Even if he goes crap chances are the rest of the team isn't gonna go any better but finals experience is good for the future.

But in saying that I've had a feeling about the finals exactly like the feeling I had when we went to Suncorp, and as I said under my alias of "Fury" on the season '82 site, I smell an upset for the second time this season I can't wait.

Anonymous

Juniors
We all know Carney is the best option.

But what are his odds of getting picked? Slim to none in my view.

Kris_man

Bench
i think that mclinden will be 9 and drew 7, or vice versa. you'd have to think that there'll be another half/hooker on the bench (that or gafa). hopefully it'll be carney. nah, what am i getting my hopes up for?
Timbo said:
We all know Carney is the best option.

But what are his odds of getting picked? Slim to none in my view.
very true.