What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could add any five players to your squad, what would your 17 look like?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Big Poppa Pump said:
Why, because there are no Knights in there?
Most probably. And besides its not solely about who would win tomorrow, because what about the next 6-7 years after that?

If i was to choose the players based on winning the comp THIS year (forgetting about setting up my team for the next 7 years) then it would look different:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Matt King
3. Ryan Cross
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Amos Roberts
6. Braith Anasta
7. Andrew Johns
8. Shane Webcke
9. Craig Wing
10. Adrian Morley
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Anthony Tupou
15. Ashley Harrison
16. Chris Flannery
17. David Shillington

Now it would be difficult to assemble a team better than that. Not that i want to sound childish ('my teams better than yours' which i suspect RBK was getting out) because most top teams with the addition of any 5 stars would be pretty unbeatable.

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Iosia Soliola
4. Ryan Cross
5. ERIC GROTHE JR
6. Braith Anasta (or JT)
7. JOHNATHON THURSTON (or Soward)
8. STUART FIELDEN
9. DEAN YOUNG
10. Adrian Morley
11. LUKE O'DONNELL
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Anthony Tupou
15. Chris Flannery
16. Craig Wing
17. Any of our other forwards (Shackleton, Shillington, Plum, Schubert, Edmondson, Tonga, Lopini Paea, Mickey Paea, Meredith, FP Nuuasala, Sa, Williams, Winterstein...even with losing Cayless, Crocker, Ricketson, Fa'aoso, Rose & Hannant over the off-season, there is plenty of size & youth in the forwards)

Big Mick

Referee
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Lewis
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Greg Inglis
5. Luke Rooney
6. Jonothan Thurston
7. Craig Gower
8. Joel Clinton
9. Luke Priddis
10. Stuart Fielden
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Tony Puletua
13. Shane Rodney

14. Matthew Cross
15. Frank Pritchard
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Preston Campbell

Juniors
1. Greg Inglis
2. AMOS ROBERTS
3. Billy Slater
4. Matt King
5. Jake Webster
6. Cooper Cronk
7. ANDREW JOHNS
8. PETERO CIVENOCIVA
9. Cameron Smith
10. LUKE BAILEY
11. Mick Crocker
12. NATHAN HINDMARSH
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Brett White
15. Ryan Hoffman
16. Garrett Crossman
17. Steve Turner

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Selective memory there, try and think to back to the week before Round 1, where you and the rest of your bunch of jokers were crowing about the Raiders being the darkhorse to win this season.

Sorry if I can't spell some obscure European last name. How about learning to spell a common english word. Especially if you intend to use it as an insult. Pity you had to get it off someone else, but I guess that's due to your complete lack of wit and originality.

You'd prefer to debate the topic? Everytime I own you you retaliate with a "yeah well I heard you like some clubs on oxford st you skirt". Hypocrite.

Back to K-Mart with you buddy.

Chief, you haven't owned me on one occasion you wanker, you lack any ability to own anyone on this site, even BBSF has your measure, hence when the going gets tough in a debate you resort to pathetic attempts at starting a name calling contest or start a sh*t fight, the Knights V Storm spoilers thread is a classic example, and even still you manage get smashed, your a poor mans Jim-bob, he can at least debate and put up a fight, the only thing you own is yourself, from what ive gathered from this forum at least 3-4 times a day.

You know as knights fan your in deep sh*t when you in an argument and no one comes to your rescue, generally the flock like seagulls to chips, protect their own, they've left you high and dry on this occasion because as Aqua Duck's post suggested, even they know your a f**king clown :lol:

(Parra pete, im well aware of that mistake, comes with the territory of typing as quickly as i do, when i dont concentrate mistakes are made)

salivor

First Grade
Sure you could pick a player like Johns but the facts are that he has very little time in the game left so if given the choice I'd pick players with youth on their side that you can build a team around:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Darius Boyd
3. Justin Hodges
4. Greg Inglis
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Shane Webcke
9. Robbie Farrah
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Corey Parker
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Anthony Tupou
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Greg Eastwood
17. Michael Ennis

That would be a pretty hard team to stop for the premiership.

Greg Inglis
Darren Albert
Nigel Vagana
Timanah Tahu
Brian Carney
Adam Dykes
Andrew Johns
Ben Ross
Kevin Kingston
Hutch Maiava
Lance Thompson
Nathan Hindmarsh