What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could add any five players to your squad, what would your 17 look like?

Kiwi

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
The fact that Soward has shown very little in his first-grade career to date means nothing apparently.

Complimenting Thurston's game? All Soward can do is kick and pass. He is a shocking defender, and he never takes the ball to the line. His running game is non-existent. Nice work.

I figured that if he was going for youth and complimenting styles he would've picked the likes of Sutton, Marshall or Matt Head. Heck even Tim Smith is better than Soward. Who would pick Soward over those guys?

You seemed to have missed the point of the topic.

I wasn't the best 5 players not playing for you team, it wasn't which 5 of the best players would you like in your team, it was which 5 players, not the best ect. People like players for what ever reason they want, they don't have to want the best 5 they don't have. f**k Knights fans are pathetic the second people leave out "you know who" in damn near any topic.

Jordan

Juniors
1. Matt Bowen
2. Ty Williams
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Greg Inglis
5. Matt Sing
6. Benji Marshall
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Aaron Payne
10. Carl Webb
11. Steve Southern
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Sonny Bill Williams

14. Rod Jensen
15. David Faiumu
16. Matthew Scott
17. Shane Tronc

If Johns was a few years younger, he'd be there instead of Marshall with Thurston shifting to five-eighth.

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: ill miss the hysteria and laughter his posts create... someone called it earlier, its deadset the cheif harrigan posting on LU, i think ill refer to JM as Cheif from now on :lol:

I call it how I see it you fool, and I'm not afraid to bag a Knights player when warranted.

This coming from the guy who praises the ground Shifcofske, Graham, Miller and Carney walk on.

"Raiders to win the premiership in 2006"...shows your biased and deluded nature completely.

Oh and before you start calling me "Chief"...you should probably learn how to spell it :lol:

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Johns will play around 20 matches this year? That's wishful thinking, he has already missed 2, with the possibility of missing this week.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
I call it how I see it you fool, and I'm not afraid to bag a Knights player when warranted.

This coming from the guy who praises the ground Shifcofske, Graham, Miller and Carney walk on.

"Raiders to win the premiership in 2006"...shows your biased and deluded nature completely.

Defined irony: Johns Magic calling anyone else a fool, trying to correct a spelling mistake whilst in the same post committing the sin himself
S-C-H-I-F-C-O-F-S-K-E, you dunce!
i mean we can stand around here and harp on innocent typos and spelling mistakes, as im sure you'd love to do, anything to take some more heat off yourself or your knights, but id prefer to argue the point, sadly you lack the capacity to debate with any vigour, at least RnBK puts up a fight, your flat out pathetic!
As i recall Chief, the only fool to claim "Raiders to win the premiership in 2006" in the past 2 months has been you earlier this thread.

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Defined irony: Johns Magic calling anyone else a fool, trying to correct a spelling mistake whilst in the same post committing the sin himself
S-C-H-I-F-C-O-F-S-K-E, you dunce!
i mean we can stand around here and harp on innocent typos and spelling mistakes, as im sure you'd love to do, anything to take some more heat off yourself or your knights, but id prefer to argue the point, sadly you lack the capacity to debate with any vigour, at least RnBK puts up a fight, your flat out pathetic!
As i recall Chief, the only fool to claim "Raiders to win the premiership in 2006" in the past 2 months has been you earlier this thread.

Selective memory there, try and think to back to the week before Round 1, where you and the rest of your bunch of jokers were crowing about the Raiders being the darkhorse to win this season.

Sorry if I can't spell some obscure European last name. How about learning to spell a common english word. Especially if you intend to use it as an insult. Pity you had to get it off someone else, but I guess that's due to your complete lack of wit and originality.

You'd prefer to debate the topic? Everytime I own you you retaliate with a "yeah well I heard you like some clubs on oxford st you skirt". Hypocrite.

Back to K-Mart with you buddy.

parra pete

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: ill miss the hysteria and laughter his posts create... someone called it earlier, its deadset the cheif harrigan posting on LU, i think ill refer to JM as Cheif from now on :lol:

Chief...I before E except after C :lol:

chinorocks

Juniors
Any five players???

1. Matt Bowen
2. Timana Tahu
3. Matt Gidley
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Benji Marshall
7. Andrew Johns
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Craig Smith
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Josh Perry
15. Luke Davico
16. Riley Brown
17. Kade Snowden

Johns Magic

Referee
chinorocks said:
Any five players???

1. Matt Bowen
2. Timana Tahu
3. Matt Gidley
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Benji Marshall
7. Andrew Johns
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus
10. Craig Smith
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Josh Perry
15. Luke Davico
16. Riley Brown
17. Kade Snowden

I can't believe you'd drop Thaiday...

chinorocks

Juniors
Yea was just going position by position so I just straight swapped Bowen in there...in hindsight Thaiday would go to the wing, and Quinn would drop out.

1. Schif
2. Chalk
3. Lyon
4. Frawley
5. Grothe
6. J. Smith
7. Thurston
8. O'Meley
9. Woolford
10. Thompson
11. Wiki
12. Learoyd-Lars
13. Croker

14. Tongue
15. Miller
16. Weyman
17. Thurling

Kiwi

First Grade
1 - Hunt
2 - GROTHE
3 - Hodges
4 - Tate
5 - Topou
6 - Lockyer
7 - PRINCE
8 - Webcke
9 - Ennis
10 - Civo
11 - Stagg
12 - Parker
13 - HARRISON

14 - Eastwood
15 - Thaiday
16 - Hannant
17 - Berrigan

Players I wouldn't want anywhere near my team include

Johns
Kennedy
P Bailey
Kimorley
Perry
Gidley ( either one )
Anasta
Finch

RABK

Referee
1. Milton Thaiday
2. Brian Carney
3. Matt Gidley
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Eric Grothe Jnr
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Andrew Johns
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Shane Webcke
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Sonny-Bill Williams

14. Luke Davico
15. Daniel Abraham
16. Josh Perry
17. Adam Woolnough

I wouldn't pick a dominating player along side Johns but rather a devastating runner of the ball like Lyon outside him. That side would destroy most.

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
1 Patten
2 El Masri
3 Tonga
4 Gasnier
5 Utai
6 Thurston
7 Johns
8 O Meley
9 Farah
10 Asotasi
11 Mason
12 Hindmarsh
13 SBW

14 Maitua
15 Myles
16 Armit
17 Perry

That team would be hard to beat. Apparently the Roosters Accountant puts this team just under the salary cap.

aqua_duck

Coach
Kiwi said:
You seemed to have missed the point of the topic.

I wasn't the best 5 players not playing for you team, it wasn't which 5 of the best players would you like in your team, it was which 5 players, not the best ect. People like players for what ever reason they want, they don't have to want the best 5 they don't have. f**k Knights fans are pathetic the second people leave out "you know who" in damn near any topic.
mate if you think knights fans are pathetic thats fine, no one really cares about what you think anyway. However I never once mentioned Johns, all I said was that Soward was a PL halfback/5/8th who couldn't tackle to save his life, and questioned whether people actually have seen him play before.

If you're judging all of us on JM's comments in this thread than why don't we all judge broncos fans on slava's rhetoric

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Wade McKinnon
2 Anthony Minichello
3 Mark Ganier
4 Timana Tahu
5 Eric Grothe
6 Trent Barrett
7 Tim Smith
8 Petero Civoneciva
9 Mark Riddell
10 Nathan Cayless
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Glen Morrison
13 Ben Kennedy

14 PJ Marsh
15 Dean Widders
16 Fui Fui Moi Moi
17 Chad Robinson

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
eelavation said:
1 Wade McKinnon
2 Anthony Minichello
3 Mark Ganier
4 Timana Tahu
5 Eric Grothe
6 Trent Barrett
7 Tim Smith
8 Petero Civoneciva
9 Mark Riddell
10 Nathan Cayless
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Glen Morrison
13 Ben Kennedy

14 PJ Marsh
15 Dean Widders
16 Fui Fui Moi Moi
17 Chad Robinson

McKinnon good enough to keep Mini on the wing??

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Anthony Minichiello
Amos Roberts
Mark Gasnier
Iosia Soliola
Matt King
Braith Anasta
Johnathan Thurston
Adrian Morley
Craig Wing
Mark O'Meley
Sonny Bill Williams
Anthony Tupou
Ashley Harrison

Bench
Chris Flannery
Craig Fitzgibbon
David Shillington
Shane Shackleton

I defy any team to bother leaving the sheds against this lot.

RABK

Referee
Big Poppa Pump said:
Anthony Minichiello
Amos Roberts
Mark Gasnier
Iosia Soliola
Matt King
Braith Anasta
Johnathan Thurston
Adrian Morley
Craig Wing
Mark O'Meley
Sonny Bill Williams
Anthony Tupou
Ashley Harrison

Bench
Chris Flannery
Craig Fitzgibbon
David Shillington
Shane Shackleton

I defy any team to bother leaving the sheds against this lot.

Most teams named would flog that team.

Latest posts