What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had the chance to Boot South again, would You?

If you had the chance to Boot Souths would you?

• Yes

Votes: 111 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 50.0%

• Total voters

Beaches Boy

Juniors
I feel that they do not offer the NRL anything at this point and the chances of that changing at anytime is remote.

Mr Saab

Referee
No.
Alot of people love that club and were very shattered when they were booted (albeit unfairly) at the end of 1999. They have alot of corporate support and they are not a burden on anyone.
Sure, they have not done anything since 1989 playing wise, but i have been to many souths games over the past 2 yrs and i see alot of people old and young who love that club. If they were booted again for whatever reason it would be very cruel.
They will come good one day...when....i dont know.

miccle

Bench
I don't think I'd boot them, but I would seriously sit down with the board and make a list of "demands" as such. Win a certain percentage of games and get a certain average crowd or Gosford will be your home in 2009. Gives 'em two and a bit seasons to get it together, we'd wait and see how they acted under pressure.

Beaches Boy

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
No.
Alot of people love that club and were very shattered when they were booted (albeit unfairly) at the end of 1999. They have alot of corporate support and they are not a burden on anyone.
Sure, they have not done anything since 1989 playing wise, but i have been to many souths games over the past 2 yrs and i see alot of people old and young who love that club. If they were booted again for whatever reason it would be very cruel.
They will come good one day...when....i dont know.

They could drop down a division, play at Redfern and be competitive once again. Their 8,000 fans will have to be happy with this, sh*t Norths were pulling better crowds in the 90's than Souths.

The Preacher

First Grade
I marched in George Street to try and get them reinstated, but after seeing the way they have completely stuffed themselves, I'd march them out the gate and straight to Premier League.
I love the tradition of the game, but the way the club continually goes through infighting and drama, they've had all the sympathy they're going to get from me. :cry:

Mr Saab

Referee
This is not England. We dont have relegation and promotion. If they were dropped to the Jim Beam cup it would be the end of them.
Souths are a 1st grade club, not a reggies club.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I'd give them three years to win 8-10 games in the third year. Offer them cap concessions for those years, decreasing yearly.

If they fail to do this, Adelaide, Perth, Wellington or Gosford can put their bids in.

RainMan

Juniors
Yes.

When do the NRL Licenses come up for review again? I think some Clubs like the Warriors and Cowboys(?) signed 8 year Licenses as opposed to the 5 year ones that every other Club has?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Beaches Boy said:
They could drop down a division, play at Redfern and be competitive once again. Their 8,000 fans will have to be happy with this, sh*t Norths were pulling better crowds in the 90's than Souths.

I assume you would have Norths go up then?

The thing is that they cannot attract decent players.

Same as Canberra but Canberra seems to bring through enough juniors to remain competitive, you could argue that the Warriors are the same.

Really it gets so tiring week in week out being dished up by the same club, they had a little bit of competitiveness last year but that was a anomoly.

The NRL I have argued for years needs to institute a draft because the cap isnt working, clubs use these ridiculous 3rd party agreements its a joke.

Either that or the NRL needs to boot all Souths office staff from top to bottom and run it, itself.

Beaches Boy

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
I assume you would have Norths go up then?

Yes as the CC Bears or maybe a new franchise from the CC. I am not too fussed I just think that Souths have nothing left to offer.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Aww diddums. Your club is still there in one way or another, deal with it.

FTR I voted yes.

Danish

Referee
I wouldnt boot souths out.

I'll just let them die a natural death or recover into something resembling a football team.

Focal Point

Juniors
Beaches Boy said:

That's why I feel for Norths fans. The bears made the finals quite regularly during the 90's yet they were forced to merge with the sea eagles. I know there's more to it than that (money, politics, etc) but it seems unfair.

t-ba

Post Whore
Focal Point said:
That's why I feel for Norths fans. The bears made the finals quite regularly during the 90's yet they were forced to merge with the sea eagles. I know there's more to it than that (money, politics, etc) but it seems unfair.

Norths are the tragic story of the SL war imo.

But, unfortunately, the members of the football club were ultimately accountable for the clubs fate by keeping some really crook bastards in power. They were what, short to the tune of $1.5m? Some of the stories I've heard is that about $3.5m magically disappeared from the clbus coffers during 1998/9 and it was written off in the vague 'Gosford' Column. In the end, there was no choice but to bring the administrator in. The administrator obviously had little idea about the history between Manly and Norths, and on face value, it was the best offer available [Fitzy wanted a Parramatta bears playing exclusively out of Parra, Newcastle just wanted to swallow the bears whole and ignore-Home Ground, Mascot and colours!]

Souths are getting REAALLLY tiresome. I marched for the bastards as well, and I just don't know what's doing!

If it were up to me, They'd be getting the arse, The Bears and Wellington would be getting licenses and I'd Beg Redcliffe or Easts Brisbane to step up!

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
Aww diddums. Your club is still there in one way or another, deal with it.

FTR I voted yes.

This threads about Souths.
I'm talking about Souths.

You...on the other hand....well, we know you need help.

Its not that hard....this threads about S O U T H S ...not my club.

Latest posts