What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had the chance to Boot South again, would You?

If you had the chance to Boot Souths would you?

• Yes

Votes: 111 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 50.0%

• Total voters

Gus22

Juniors
Who cares if Souths aren't winning right now. That's no reason to boot them out. As long as they are financially viable & meet certain other criteria such as stadium/corporate facilities, & junior league development requirements, then they have as much right as anyone to survive. If they are around long enough they'll have their day in the sun again.

Would you euthenate someone with a badly broken leg?

t-ba

Post Whore
Gus22 said:
Who cares if Souths aren't winning right now. That's no reason to boot them out. As long as they are financially viable & meet certain other criteria such as stadium/corporate facilities, & junior league development requirements, then they have as much right as anyone to survive. If they are around long enough they'll have their day in the sun again.

Would you euthenate someone with a badly broken leg?

If it had been left alone for 17 years and the Gangrene was up to the Lungs, yes!

Gus22

Juniors
t-ba said:
If it had been left alone for 17 years and the Gangrene was up to the Lungs, yes!

Thing is it hasn't been left alone & nothing done. They're trying to fix the situation - the Crowe & H-A decision is proof of that. Tough desicions like re-location may have to be made in the future as well. Give them a chance. They're not dead yet & the illness isn't terminal (at this stage).

t-ba

Post Whore
Gus22 said:
Thing is it hasn't been left alone & nothing done. They're trying to fix the situation - the Crowe & H-A decision is proof of that. Tough desicions like re-location may have to be made in the future as well. Give them a chance. They're not dead yet & the illness isn't terminal (at this stage).

If it isn't terminal, it's damn close too it.

It'll be a travesty of Justice if Souths Stumble along for several more years and end up moving to Gosford. 2 Decades of crap and a Gosford Reprieve compared to Norths two poor years...

Paullyboy

Coach
Boot Souths out and bring the Bears back.

Dont give me this dribble about history. The only people who should think history is a good enough reason to excuse the farce of their club is someone who was around in 1908 and has a genuine link to it. Im 21 and I onyl have a football memory going back to about 1989, so as far as Im concerned, the Broncos have been around for as long as Souths.

The Bears on the Central Coast is the way to go.

innsaneink

Referee
Paullyboy said:
Boot Souths out and bring the Bears back.

Dont give me this dribble about history. The only people who should think history is a good enough reason to excuse the farce of their club is someone who was around in 1908 and has a genuine link to it. Im 21 and I onyl have a football memory going back to about 1989, so as far as Im concerned, the Broncos have been around for as long as Souths.

The Bears on the Central Coast is the way to go.
Dont give me this dribble about history.

...and bring the Bears back.

:lol::lol:

Crusher

Coach
How about we combine
North Sydney
South Sydney
Western Reds
Adelaide Rams
Newtown Jets

and create a super club called

The Northern South Western City Ferrets.

t-ba

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Dont give me this dribble about history.

...and bring the Bears back.

:lol::lol:

Even though they've been out of the competition for nearly a decade now, the Bears have done more in RL in the past 20 years than Soufs...

Timbo

Staff member
I would, as sad as it is.

They have offered absolutely nothing on field since 1989-This is why people who argue that them being booted out as the cause of them being so poor doesn't stack up-they were terrible pre-booting, and they're terrible now.

Anything they have resembling a decent footballer is either out or wants out, they can't attract their own juniors home, and theyr'e on their third major sponsor since re-admission, and I seem to recall that this deal nearly fell through too.

Once I was an advocate of keeping them alive in the form of the 'Central Coast Rabbitohs' but I've changed my tune. I think they'd suffer from the same infighting and general lack of co-ordination on the Central Coast.

I think we should punt the Bunnies and bring back the Bears.

domdom

Juniors
if so many people love the club, why can't they drag more than 6000 people to a home game???

there's so much infighting in the gaggle of dinosaurs that they call a board, they couldnt organise a shag in a whorehouse with a fistful of fifties. i havent come across a more useless bunch of idividuals since the IOC were here for the olympics.

aids

Bench
i voted yes.
at the start of the year i thought souths would be a competative team, that would push for the top 8
and start getting fans back to their new home ground

instead 0-10, horrible home crowds and really not adding anything to the league.
if their license was up at the end of the year i would look to revoke it and try a team in WA or SA

Iafeta

Referee
I put yes, but I think they should first be given goals to achieve, and if they achieve them on and off the field, they stay.

I think one less team in Sydney and floating elsewhere geographically would probably be a good thing.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Id like to see how they go next year with the Titans in the comp before I say yes. If they 're still crap and trying to lure players from everywhere then I won't be sad if they go.

Latest posts