What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you worry that our comp isn't "national"......

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't get why people are so desperate for a previously failed team in the Perth Communists to make it national when the Warriors make the NRL an INTERNATIONAL game.

Don't need the Reds. Don't want the Reds.

hahaha you have really got your troll on since the roosters failed to make the 8.

clarency

Juniors
Loving the suggestions that a game in AFL heartland between teams with half the supporters in another country will get near triple the crowd of the Manly game.

Or are we not going back to this yet?...

Yay warriors.

loveleague

Juniors
I don't get why people are so desperate for a previously failed team in the Perth Communists to make it national when the Warriors make the NRL an INTERNATIONAL game.

Don't need the Reds. Don't want the Reds.

I agree, but I would add that a team from wellington makes a lot of sense. There is a lot more depth of talent coming through and wellington is a great city with a great fan base. u20/vulcans shows the strength is there.

Teddyboy

First Grade
That crowd was great to watch, some great footage of them doing the group Haka and they were loud all night. Big Kiwi contingent in Melbourne so I expect we will see the same again.

Look forward to seeing a Wellington team in the Nrl one day.

A strong New Zealand presence in the NRL will f**k the AFL off.

Loudstrat

Coach
Because all AFL have left as expansion options are to take the NRL on somewhere, and that will take a sh*tload of their resources. They havent even started in NZ yet!

thorson1987

Coach
Because all AFL have left as expansion options are to take the NRL on somewhere, and that will take a sh*tload of their resources. They havent even started in NZ yet!

Thats not what they think.

haka_470cf1e463a4f_w480.jpg

_addict

Juniors

I don't think at you can apply the fight between AFL and league in Aus to NZ. If you knew the lay of the land here you'd appreciate why. Any Kiwi could tell you why and I can oblige if you really want to know.

Lego_Man

First Grade
No one in New Zealand has ever, or will ever, give a flying f**k about AFL.

It's so far off the radar here it's not funny.

In fact, we think you Aussies are pretty weird just for the fact that some of you actually play it.

Loudstrat

Coach
I don't think at you can apply the fight between AFL and league in Aus to NZ. If you knew the lay of the land here you'd appreciate why. Any Kiwi could tell you why and I can oblige if you really want to know.
Who cares. I know AFL has as much chance of catching on there as rooting sheep would here. Something to do with the name?

azza29

Juniors
No one in New Zealand has ever, or will ever, give a flying f**k about AFL.

It's so far off the radar here it's not funny.

In fact, we think you Aussies are pretty weird just for the fact that some of you actually play it.

Hehe, that's what the people of Western Sydney said 20 years ago. The AFL have big plans and a bucket of cash to support them. A quick name change to 'Australasian Football League' and they'll quite happily force teams upon Auckland, Wellington, PNG and Fiji. You will enjoy AFL, you just don't know it yet... :evil:

_addict

Juniors
Who cares. I know AFL has as much chance of catching on there as rooting sheep would here. Something to do with the name?

The last sentence is one of the many reasons, but your suggestion from the previous one doesn't equate. It's not a case of denying or hiding something regarding AFL within our culture as you guys with sheep (see below)
3851d1284199329-need-advice-small-bike-rural-sheep_bike_aussie.jpg