What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your team was rissoled

gregstar

Referee
if your rancid turd of a club no longer competed in the nrl, to what extent would your interest in league remain?

furthermore if your club was shifted away from your region or state, what interest level would you possess?

for mine if saints disappeared, i'd no longer give a rats about league.

whilst they are there, league is pretty much the only sport i give any time to. (though significantly less after the superleague sh*t)

i'm tribal first, game second.

If my team folded I'd probably give up on league. Not because I care about my team more than the game, just because allowing such a thing to happen would prove once and for all that the administration of our game is so useless that there isn't much of a future for the sport anyway.

Bro Bear

Juniors
If my team folded I'd probably give up on league. Not because I care about my team more than the game, just because allowing such a thing to happen would prove once and for all that the administration of our game is so useless that there isn't much of a future for the sport anyway.

So that means you will support the BEAR'S cause now. The CC Bears since 1998 and come 2013 will be be back.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As a Warriors fan I watched and supported league before they were introduced so I couldn't see myself leaving for good. My interest would definately drop though.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Call me a shallow front runner, but whoever was playing the Sharks.

You'd be guaranteed a stress free win most weekends.

Thats livin.

well.

if the sharks die. im done. ill never go to another game again. i wont buy pay tv. i wont watch on free to air. and ill make sure i have 11 sons and make them all play soccer.

if they move...

well. depends where. anywhere on the east coast is fine. adelaide and perth. no

and if they werent in black white and blue and called the sharks. again..nothing.

infact, f**k it id leave the country and go live in san diego

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
well.

if the sharks die. im done. ill never go to another game again. i wont buy pay tv. i wont watch on free to air. and ill make sure i have 11 sons and make them all play soccer.

if they move...

well. depends where. anywhere on the east coast is fine. adelaide and perth. no

and if they werent in black white and blue and called the sharks. again..nothing.

infact, f**k it id leave the country and go live in san diego

Ahhh. San Diaaago. Drink it in. ITs a fact....Its the greatest city in the world.

Discovered by the Germans in 1904 they named it San Diaaaago, which in German means......

adamkungl

Immortal
I would end all financial contribution to the NRL. No foxtel, no games, no merchandise.

However, I would still watch park footy.

Odd that people would ditch the game of Rugby League altogether. Why not watch the NSW Cup or park footy? I totally understand never looking at the NRL again, but the game is bigger than one competition.

hattori hanzo

Juniors
If Broncos left I 'd cancel foxtel and just watch Qcup and go watch a few more SL maggies games on a Saturday also I'd go see the Mustangs ( a local team) play a little more.

gUt

Coach
I liked the game before the Broncos and I'd continue to like it if they disappeared.

Danish

Referee
I'd probably lose interest for a few seasons then eventually start following another club.... Most likely the panthers (who I followed pre-super league soul selling) or the Raiders for other reasons.

I like to think that I would be all bravado and end my support of the code, but I just love league too much to stop watching it

Ulysseus

Bench
Odd that people would ditch the game of Rugby League altogether. Why not watch the NSW Cup or park footy? I totally understand never looking at the NRL again, but the game is bigger than one competition.

True, most games I go to are from the other NRL (Newcastle Rugby League).
Obviously it is a bit more rural, the grounds in many cases aren't that great and sure one club gets away with rorting the cap every year but I still enjoy watching it.

Although in season 2010 I haven't had a sh*tload of time to get to a sh*tload of games.
Plus I was a bit bemused that the club that got done for rorting the cap was not the one that has done it every year for along time, although the one that did get busted conveniently got busted after the 30 June so no players could be moved around etc :sarcasm: , and the one that continues to get away with it has once again signed players for under the cap, but conveniently given their WAG's 60K per year jobs at a certain club.............................that they never turn up for.

Its not a bad comp, the TV time is minimal (one game per year, the GF, is broadcast the next day on NBN sometimes) but its pretty cheap entry compared to going to an NRL game ($6 compared to about 10 times that for a grand stand seat at Energy Australia stadium at Newcastle) and you still get to see some good footy played by blokes that have jobs outside of football.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Id just follow the next nearest team. Might take a while to warm to them though...

Seems a bit of a divide here. QLDers would move on and still be footy fans while sydneysiders would pick up their blankets and go home crying.