What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your team was rissoled

Ulysseus

Bench
Id just follow the next nearest team. Might take a while to warm to them though...

Seems a bit of a divide here. QLDers would move on and still be footy fans while sydneysiders would pick up their blankets and go home crying.

Its not that easy to switch "brands" mate.
In all fairness to the Broncos, Knights, Cowboys, Warriors etc , some people have been supporting some of the older teams for a longer time than the existence of Broncos or Knights.
What you have a deep seated loyalty to can't always be switched on and off like a tap.
Its like voting Liberal or Labor (although in this election they both seem to be the same bloody thing) its often done out of "brand loyalty" in many seats, no matter how sh*thouse the candidate or party is doing.

Y2Eel

First Grade
if your rancid turd of a club no longer competed in the nrl, to what extent would your interest in league remain?

furthermore if your club was shifted away from your region or state, what interest level would you possess?

for mine if saints disappeared, i'd no longer give a rats about league.

whilst they are there, league is pretty much the only sport i give any time to. (though significantly less after the superleague sh*t)

i'm tribal first, game second.

But St George are not in the NRL ;-)

They aint even in the NSW Cup which is weird why aren't the Dragons or steelers involved in the NSW cup? (BTW serious question)

MightyBronco

Juniors
Its not that easy to switch "brands" mate.
In all fairness to the Broncos, Knights, Cowboys, Warriors etc , some people have been supporting some of the older teams for a longer time than the existence of Broncos or Knights.
What you have a deep seated loyalty to can't always be switched on and off like a tap.
Its like voting Liberal or Labor (although in this election they both seem to be the same bloody thing) its often done out of "brand loyalty" in many seats, no matter how sh*thouse the candidate or party is doing.

Oh i fully understand that, and that explains it.

Generational and all that as well.

I was a bears fan but the day they merged i was heartbroken and gave up on them. Luckily i was 12 or 13 at the time and after about a year started following the panthers because Girdler was my fav player. If i was any older i wouldnt have a team i dont think

adamkungl

Immortal
It might take a few years, but I could possibly support Tigpies or Manly if Easts folded. I don't hate them, and they weren't Super League scum.

It just wouldn't be the same though.

gaterooze

Bench
I love the Knights, but I don't think my interest would drop much at all if they were booted. I'd go back to my first love the Tigers, or another team like Souths or the Titans. I enjoy watching the game, period.

H0WZAT

Juniors
Assuming the only reason clubs should be folding or relocating in the future being they aren't turning a profit I find it rather pathetic that people would turn their back on the entire game because of their clubs poor management. It would be especially poor if these people who so easily turn away never financially supported their club in the first place.

timka4

Bench
I would definitely be disappointed if Newcastle were dropped from the competition. However I would still easily follow the game, I love watching every team play in the NRL. Plus living up here on the Gold Coast, the Titans would become my new team probably. Although I could never show the same compassion for them as I do the Knights.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Sydneysiders are sooks, news at 11.

I liked the game before the Broncos and I'd continue to like it if they disappeared.

This. I’d probably follow the GC or NQ and wouldn’t go as many NRL games. However I’d probably go to more QLD cup games.

I’d still support the Roos and Origin as passionately as ever.

If Saints were, I'd prob not watch much league at all. Possibly State of Origins if anything. Def wouldnt follow another side. Feel for Bears fans.

If they were relocated (eg moved to Perth) i'd be mighty p1ssed off but prob would still follow em

I come from the Dragons side before Illawarra came into the picture. While I was gutted at the time it soon didnt bother me at all. Dare say that wouldnt necessarily be the case for prev Steelers (& Magpies) fans.

The Dodger

First Grade
i metioned this in another thread.

if the sharks fold or relocate, then i will cease to follow league.

the only chance i would take to start following again, is if the NRL died with them too and there was a new comp created.

something which i believe is inevitable (the revamp i mean).

TiggaPlease

I'd still watch the majority of games I reckon. I love league. Losing the team i love would be heartbreaking but it wouldn't stop me following the game.

If my team merged, died or relocated...

Luckily my team is making a strong case for re-admission. They're still fighting and that's all that really matters.

Apey

Staff member
Would take a while, but I'd end up supporting a different team... never as passionately, of course.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I love the game and enjoy watching it at any level, be it NRL, WARL or juniors. Losing our team was a blow but I still watch every NRl game on TV and catch as many WARL games as I can. It's the difference between a fan of the game and a fan of a club I guess?